Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Witness Urinates On Self

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#121    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

Just for laughs, did any of you "scientific skeptics" think to check moon rise and moon set for Arkansas in July 2008?  I thought not.

In Arkansas on July 17, 2008, the moon rose at 8:16 PM, passed the meridian at 12:24 AM and set at 5:16 AM.  If his sighting was early in the morning, the moon would have appeared very low on the horizon--or perhaps not at all.

I submit therefore that whatever he took a picture of was very likely not the moon at all.  LOL.  LOL.

http://www.timeandda...-11&day=1&n=134

And the next day, full moon would have been at 2:59 AM.  So much depends on the exact time of his sighting.  Did our "skeptic" friends even try to look that up?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#122    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

By the way, sunrise on July 18, 2008 was at 6:10 AM.  So what time was his sighting?  LOL  Early morning.  How early?

http://www.timeandda...n&afl=-11&day=1

#123    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 05 September 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Nobody is trying to make you an enemy because of what you may or may not have seen. .

Sure you are.  You think I don't know that?  You guys have never done anything else, but it changes my mind not one iota.  I know what I saw.

You're the ones who are digging yourselves a big hole, and it's obvious.  Today, you were just being extremely blatant about it.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#124    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

By the way, the story tells you the approximate time of his sighting, but let the "skeptics" look that up for a change.  I'm not telling.

#125    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 05 September 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Problem is there is a long list of animal reaction cases to UFOs.
I think there was initially a video but since it's an old story the news channel's web site only has a photo.

Dogs also respond odd when you stumble around being drunk. They might go out of your way or start growling.

And this is the title of the article: Jonesboro Man Says He Saw a UFO and We Have the Video!

Now where is that video?

There is non, and most probably there never has been.

#126    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

Now where is that video?

There is non, and most probably there never has been.

There was a news video on KATV in Little Rock, Arkansas, but it's no longer available.

http://www.google.co...Bjv-JlXoTyKAHyw

#127    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

By the way, the story tells you the approximate time of his sighting, but let the "skeptics" look that up for a change.  I'm not telling.

Ah, our very own ex-MIB claiming to have that special, secret info again.

"Gary Kibby of Jonesboro was asleep in his residence at Meadowview Trailer Park when his dogs woke him up at about 4:00 a.m."

He was asleep, yeah. I think he had passed out.

#128    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Ah, our very own ex-MIB claiming to have that special, secret info again.

"Gary Kibby of Jonesboro was asleep in his residence at Meadowview Trailer Park when his dogs woke him up at about 4:00 a.m."

He was asleep, yeah. I think he had passed out.

Congratulations.  You finally looked something up on your own.

That's right, about 4:00 AM.  So where would he have perceived the location of the moon at that time?

#129    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

That's right, about 4:00 AM.  So where would he have perceived the location of the moon at that time?

He didn't perceive anything.

And something else: if that video did exist, why publish a screenshot of only a white dot on a black background?

#130    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

He didn't perceive anything.

And something else: if that video did exist, why publish a screenshot of only a white dot on a black background?

Oh, he saw nothing at all?  You know that because you were there?  Or do you have a special source of information?  How do you know that?

Don't ask me where the video is.  I never saw it, and I only know where it isn't.  You'd have to contact the TV station about that.

#131    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,530 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well above the horizon, somewhere around 24-25 degrees or so. What's your point? I thought you were saying if would have "appeared very low on the horizon--or perhaps not at all."

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#132    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

• 25,391 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

People have managed to stretch this out to 9 pages? I admire their tenacity.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#133    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

View Post747400, on 05 September 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

People have managed to stretch this out to 9 pages? I admire their tenacity.

I think it's very funny, since only I bothered to look up the times of moon rise, moon set and sunrise in Arkansas at that time, yet all the skeptics think I'm a stupid, crazy, dishonest, fanatical imbecile who regards UFOs as some kind of religion.  LOL.  It's obvious that they all hate my guts and attack me constantly, but I always throw a few monkey wrenches into their machinery.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#134    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Just for laughs, did any of you "scientific skeptics" think to check moon rise and moon set for Arkansas in July 2008?  I thought not.

In Arkansas on July 17, 2008, the moon rose at 8:16 PM, passed the meridian at 12:24 AM and set at 5:16 AM.  If his sighting was early in the morning, the moon would have appeared very low on the horizon--or perhaps not at all.

I submit therefore that whatever he took a picture of was very likely not the moon at all.  LOL.  LOL.

http://www.timeandda...-11&day=1&n=134

And the next day, full moon would have been at 2:59 AM.  So much depends on the exact time of his sighting.  Did our "skeptic" friends even try to look that up?
wow. go to bed already

#135    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,530 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 05 September 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Well above the horizon, somewhere around 24-25 degrees or so. What's your point? I thought you were saying if would have "appeared very low on the horizon--or perhaps not at all."

Excuse me I misspoke here. It would be about that far from the point on the horizon it sets more or less but that wouldn't be it's height above the horizon. That should be around 8-10 degrees above the horizon. Still well above the horizon but lower than I had said in the post quoted above.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users