Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

About the Twins Article

Ashley-Star*Child

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will get to the website owner or not (and I can't find an email address on the site) but the number or cases stated worldwide on that article for separated twins is incorrect. Technically, there is no known number of cases and twins STILL today do get separated. Not only twins, triplets also. In fact in 1960 a set of all identical malke triplets were secretly separated (along with 4 other sets of twins) by a Dr. Neubaurer. He believed, that twins and multiples were a burdon on families, society, and themselves, and that separation through adoption was the only answer. He never intended to re-unite any of them, and the identical triplets re-united on their own, by accident in 1980. It was a publicized case. (To hear more about this, read 'Twins: and What They Tell Us About Who We Are' by Lawrence Wright). In 1981, Susan Farber wrote a book citing, by then that there were 121 cases of separated twins worldwide. These ONLy included cases where twins were 'truely separated straight after birth'. Not ALL separated twins go without contact during childhood before reuniting as adults, and they usually aren't considered as valueable by scientists. It must also be noted, that the case numbers here are ONLY of twins who have been STUDIED by scientists, and that abovementioned book also concludes that it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell just how many twins and multiples actually are separated. Not all cases get publicized, or are even reported. Recenjtly I found one case where a mother (about 2 years ago) had separated a set of triplets, and another website that I stumbled across told of her best friend re-uniting with a twin she never knew she had.

It happens ALOT more commonly than is expected. There are places in the U.S. (Minnesota Twin Studies), Australia, Belgium, China, Sweden, and I think Thailand. The Minnesota Twin Studies statistics deal SOLELY with twins that are studied at the U.S. base. Several sets or reunited twins were found in Australia and all the other countries listed (and surrounding areas).

Just recently Tamara and Adrianna (not sure of last name) wre a publicized case of reunited MZ (Identical) twins. What's strange about their case is that their biological mother asked for them NOT to be separated, and the lawyer involved told the first set of adoptive parents that the other twin was not available (they wanted both), and the second set of adoptive parents didn't even know of the other twin's existence.

Tom Bouchard alone has studied (Since the Jim Twins study) 132 individuals who are separated (reared-apart) identical twins (i.e. 66 sets of MZ twins), two sets of all identical triplets, another two sets of mixed triplets (two identical one fraternal in both cases), 76 individuals who are same-sex fraternal twins, and 26 who are opposite sex fraternal twins. The youngest set of twins was 11, the oldest 79. ALL of the abovementioned were separated, and that's from Tom Bouchard ALONE.

So, it goes to show, it's not as rare as it seems.

On the article, however, I did like the fact that you added astrology to it. I was writing up an article for my own site (I thought no one else had even considered it because most scientists are anti-astrology) and the fact that you metioned the degree of similarity as a result of the time the egg splits. I also have written something up on that which is on my website.

Anyway, this is a really long post lol.

Ashley

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Saru

• Magikman

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Thanks for the message - i'm not entirely certain which article you are referring to here, can you give me a link to the page the article is featured on ?

Thanks thumbsup.gif

and I can't find an email address on the site

My contact address is on the left hand menu of the main page, click on the 'Contact Us' link.

webmaster@unexplained-mysteries.com

Hi,

Ok, I got to this is messageboard from this site http://www.mysteries.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1%2C9.htm If it's not actually from your site (I just followed the link from your sig. and it seems to be a different site) I'm real sorry! LOL If it's not your site and you want something added there on this subject I'd be happy to write it up for you.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Its sort of a sister site run by one of our members Althalus who also happens to be a moderator here. You ended up here because his forum link leads to this forum. You can use the Instant Message system to contact him and let him know about your information, I'm sure he would be interested. thumbsup.gif

Magikman