Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Part Time Mods.

ames2787

I have noticed that sometimes there aren't any mods around, so I was thinking it might be an idea for some of the members to have limited mod powers, who don't have the full responsibility of normal mods, but can act if someone complains about something, or if theres no mods around and something gets out of hand.

That way, we won't get crap posted that takes ages to get deleted.

People I would suggest would be people higher up in the forum, like Dot, Janiel, Burnsy etc. or maybe anyone you think could handle it, and you would trust them.

What do you think?

Ames original.gif

Edited by ames2787

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janiel

• Xenojjin

• ames2787

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and it would save the mods time, cos some of the posts that need to be gone would be gone too so they have to spend less time doing it themselves.

The part time mods could just have limited powers, like deleting individual posts but not being able to ban people (if this is possible)

Ames original.gif

And it would also give the chance for people who really want to be mods, but don't want the responsibility to have a go at it lol.

It would only be really trusted members, and they would only act if they received a complaint about something or they happened to spot something going on, so they wouldn't have to read the whole forum all the time or anything, just a back up for times like now when theres no mods about

Ames original.gif

I don't think we need any 'deputy' mods. Just my opinion. It would confuse things. Anyway, soon Aslan will be back and my guess is another mod will be chosen to fill the void of Phantom.

And then we all go through a stage of depression and jealousy after the new mod gets picked because it wasn't us. Oh you know what I'm talking about devil.gif

The forum is still undergoing some changes . When these changes have been finalised I'm sure this problem will be sorted out . thumbsup.gif

Local mods are mods that only have control over one section ( for instance the local mod for the Ghosts section would only have power over that section )

Local mods are basically chosen by trying to find the most frequent poster in the section he/she would become the local mod for and is also the most trustworthy . That way there is a mod around a certain topic all the time because of the frequency ... its a pretty cool method .

However , I dont think this board really needs it yet . Out of all the forums I have ever posted on , the maturity and intelligence ratio on UM is so much better then ...well...everywhere else that its scary . We hardly ever get true choas here .

Kind of bizzare since this is the unexplained mysteries forum ... Were the nutjobs they talk about on documentaries ...I guess were all well behaved loonies .

laugh.gif how true, well thanks for clearing that up i actually thought you meant a mod for each timzone, i know weird, but i dont think we need local mods yet either

I'm not sure how you found about it Xenojin, but what you call a 'local mod' system has been in the works for the last week - although it may be a bit different to what you expect.

The 'Forum Leaders' will be making an appearance later today.

And then we all go through a stage of depression and jealousy after the new mod gets picked because it wasn't us. Oh you know what I'm talking about  devil.gif

263518[/snapback]

Know exactly what you mean Siphis crying.gif

Think it would be a great idea though.

Sounds very cooolllll!!! What does it entail though Saruman? fro what you and xenojjin have said I can make a pretty good guess, but you seem to have something up your sleeve! Cant wait to find out what its all about!

I'll explain exactly how it will all work in another post that i'll make nearer the time, so keep an eye out for that. thumbsup.gif

<lol> @ Kismit.........I knew you were going to say that!

New changes sound exciting can't wait!