Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Westboro BC be classed a hate group ?

Simbi Laveau

i have a better idea, put them all on NO FLY list.

hey if 5 years old kids can be on that list by mistake (keep in mind, you can not be removed from the list), these shmucks deserve to be there.

• Like 3

And this is where it falls into a technical issue... WHEN does it start to infringe on the rights of others? Im not an advocate for this church as you well know... but looking for the line.

Well,where ever the line is.....I do believe,as per most reasonable people ,they have crossed it .

If anyone else dis this,as an individual ,they would be arrested for hate crimes against ...pick a group .

Hate speech is considered dangerous

That is reason to arrest them for harassment, but not to hinder them in the exercise of their believes.

Well,al qaeda think all infidels are horrible things ,and they go so far as to kill,or try to kill them .

These people spout stuff,no different that the klu Klux clan ,but even they are smart enough to not do it at funerals businesses,and wear hood ,so no one knows who these ******* idiots are .

Talk like this,is what instigated other towards violence to certain groups .

They're despicable,and inbred scum .May they all burn in hell .

• Like 2

On further reflection I have to agree with you Dred. To just condemn brings no change or healing. These people spew a despicable message and it can be effectively and non violently countered by each community they burden with their presence. I don't see them gaining adherents. I really am disturbed that they call themselves Baptists.

I've seen pictures of them with signs that read - The bible values hate... God hates this and that..It is rather sickening what these people do.. If they wish to express their hate, they should not use a holy book that many Christians love and express love with it..

I'll tell you something that you may not like much.. My father truly hated gays, and he expressed his hate for gays BUT he never once used a bible to flaunt his hate...He said he doesn't need a shield he called it how he saw it.. Using a holy book to express hate for anything or anyone is cowardly ..My father is not that hateful towards gays any more, but I do remember a time when he was..

Well the one good thing about the Westboro church is that no one gives a **** about them, compared to other hate groups that actually might do violence.

• Like 1

For what they said about Ronnie James Dio, yes they should. Rock in Peace, Dio.

Ok,I missed this.What did they say about Dio ?

...I mean ,what can anyone say about Dio ,except he was an incredible talent,nice guy,and lost way too soon .

Why doesn't some psycho with a,rifle go shoot up the WBC ...I mean really ...why .

Why doesn't some psycho with a,rifle go shoot up the WBC ...I mean really ...why .

Would whoever did shoot the WBC ( and put and end to the misery ) would they be branded a psycho? or hero?

Bare in mind, I don't feel violence is an answer, but I am surprised no one has done anything like that to them before now.. If they were over here and they stood at a funeral of some republican or Irish terrorist, protesting hate..I'd say a few guys over here would put them out of their misery fast ..I have heard of people over here getting shot for a lot less.. The WBC are lucky the Americans are not willing to do it.. Picture them over in Iraq protesting Islam ..that would be a mess for them..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Bare in mind, I don't feel violence is an answer, but I am surprised no one has done anything like that to them before now.. If they were over here and they stood at a funeral of some republican or Irish terrorist, protesting hate..I'd say a few guys over here would put them out of their misery fast ..I have heard of people over here getting shot for a lot less.. The WBC are lucky the Americans are not willing to do it.. Picture them over in Iraq protesting Islam ..that would be a mess for them..

Because most of that group are lawyers looking to make a quick buck suing anyone and anybody

Would whoever did shoot the WBC ( and put and end to the misery ) would they be branded a psycho? or hero?

It may have changed since (I moved out of Topeka in 1993)m but back then they owned an entire city block and it was really like a compound. Approaching that place was difficult and even mail man wouldn't come near.

Sadly, it's not against the Law to protest.

Fortunately it's not against the Law to protest.

How is it noone's protested outside their church?

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase is meant to exemplify the "unalienable rights" with which all human beings are endowed for the protection of which they institute governments.

Their "free speech" tramples all over those who are trying to find closure to a sad situation. Hard to pursue happiness when

it is marred by outright hatred. Let God speak for himself, not the lips of self righteous fools.

Edited by Realm

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase is meant to exemplify the "unalienable rights" with which all human beings are endowed for the protection of which they institute governments.

Their "free speech" tramples all over those who are trying to find closure to a sad situation. Hard to pursue happiness when

it is marred by outright hatred. Let God speak for himself, not the lips of self righteous fools.

What will you do when they infringe your freedom?

Ok, I've got a question. Why can't there simply be a law but in place to stop protests within a certain distance of funerals? That seems like the simplest legal solution because come on, funerals are not the place for protests of any kind.

If they argue about such a move violating their free speech you could even turn it back on them and state that the law is as much for their protection as it is to stop the disruption that they make, since people at funeral's are in an emotionally vulnerable state and could get violent by their protests.

So why isn't such a law workable?

• Like 1

Ok, I've got a question. Why can't there simply be a law but in place to stop protests within a certain distance of funerals? That seems like the simplest legal solution because come on, funerals are not the place for protests of any kind.

If they argue about such a move violating their free speech you could even turn it back on them and state that the law is as much for their protection as it is to stop the disruption that they make, since people at funeral's are in an emotionally vulnerable state and could get violent by their protests.

yes, it is workable. The question is whether such a law will ever be passed. It does not seem high on anybodies agenda.

No, It is not workable, One cannot just pass laws then go against the Constitution or what the people want. :gun:

No, It is not workable, One cannot just pass laws then go against the Constitution or what the people want. :gun:

Are you saying that people want westboro protesting funerals?

No. Im saying the First Amendment unfortunately makes it "legal". Morally I think its sick.

No. Im saying the First Amendment unfortunately makes it "legal". Morally I think its sick.

It makes it legal to protest, it says nothing about where you may protest. It would be quite easy to ban protests within 500 yards of any cemetery during a funeral.

• Like 1

It gets too muttled. With the whole ban protests and gather for a funeral. I mean.

There are laws about protesting funerals now, mostly in reaction to the WBCs efforts. Here is a nice link.. http://archive.firstamendmentcenter.org/assembly/topic.aspx?topic=funeral_protests It's a couple years old, so some of the information may not be as current as I would like.

I think part of the problem of making such laws workable, at least in the WBC case, is that the WBC is full of lawyers. Phelps did quite a bit in civil rights law before he was disbarred, and other church members have followed in his footsteps.

• Like 1

There are laws about protesting funerals now, mostly in reaction to the WBCs efforts. Here is a nice link.. http://archive.first...uneral_protests It's a couple years old, so some of the information may not be as current as I would like.

I think part of the problem of making such laws workable, at least in the WBC case, is that the WBC is full of lawyers. Phelps did quite a bit in civil rights law before he was disbarred, and other church members have followed in his footsteps.

You could have added phelps may be completely luny, absolutely certifiable but he is frea cking intelligent and knows the law better than most lawyers. .

Ok,I missed this.What did they say about Dio ?

...I mean ,what can anyone say about Dio ,except he was an incredible talent,nice guy,and lost way too soon .

When he died they had a protest saying he was a satan worshipper. Why would you do that? Its untrue and he did nothing to deserve it. Even thinking about it makes me angry. And although I disagree with the part about the psycho shooting them, they should be stopped from holding rallies and protests. You have a right to protest, but when you protest about things like this, the right should be removed. These people are not human, they are hilly-billy scum. Don't kill them, lock them in a room with a large group of hardcore Dio fans.

Well,where ever the line is.....I do believe,as per most reasonable people ,they have crossed it .

If anyone else dis this,as an individual ,they would be arrested for hate crimes against ...pick a group .

Hate speech is considered dangerous

It feels like you are trying to push me into defending these morons... I dont like them as much as the next person.... as for the quoted text... That is false. The KKK, Black Panthers, and many other groups are allowed to spew their message of intolernce.