Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glowing red eyes

UM-Bot

Story submission by: Patti Location: Farnham, New York

I am 62. This story has bothered me all these years. When I was 7 my dad built our house. After supper I would sit on his lap in front of the picture window in the evening and watch the family TV shows. When it was completely dark out I would see a pair of glowing red eyes. They weren't stationary ...

Read More: http://www.unexplain...lowing-red-eyes

• Like 3

I remember when I was 3 or 4 I was over at the house of one of my mum's friends. Looking around the house I turned to face the door and to the bottom left of the door there is a window. I saw (a bit foggy on the exact about) about 3 pairs of 3 eyes staring back. At first I thought they were cats eyes but realized 1 no one in the unit block had cats and 2 why would there be 3 cats staring inside the house for no reason. Over the years (I'm 22 now) I have often gone back and fourth between whether what I saw was real or not.

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant
  • Like 3

I remember when I was 3 or 4 I was over at the house of one of my friends. Looking around the house I turned to face the door and to the bottom left of the door there is a window. I saw (a bit foggy on the exact about) about 3 pairs of 3 eyes staring back. At first I thought they were cats eyes but realized 1 no one in the unit block had cats and 2 why would there be 3 cats staring inside the house for no reason. Over the years (I'm 22 now) I have often gone back and fourth between whether what I saw was real or not.

3 or 4? and you knew that no one in the unit block near your friends house had cats? Thats mensa material that is.

3 or 4? and you knew that no one in the unit block near your friends house had cats? Thats mensa material that is.

Sorry I forgot to add "mum's". Also we live in the same unit block as well for further queries. After looking up "Mensa Material", I still have no idea what it is :).
  • Like 2

glowing red eyes is an old pneumonia going back decades

1. Mark of something sinister such as the devil looking at you.

2. Red-eye effect in Photography via a camera

3. Killzone 4

• Like 1

I experienced that quite a few times when I was younger. My parents had a large mirror hanging on the wall in the hallway between my bedroom and their bedroom. I would see glowing red eyes in that mirror when I would get up in the middle of the night to either go to the bathroom or to get a drink. It got to the point where I would grab a blanket or a sheet and throw it over the mirror before I darted to the bathroom, so I wouldnt have to see it. Eventually it stopped.

• Like 2

I don't remember this, but my parents have told me that from age 2-4 I would have the same "nightmare" of glowing red eyes peering at me from my bedroom window. This experience happened for 2 years, almost nightly I am told. As I've stated, I don't have any recollection of said events, but my parents have always wondered what it was I was seeing as it is not within normal children parameters to experience the same nightmare for that duration.

• Like 2

It appears as though quite a few people have experienced the same thing around the same age as well. It's really strange.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I suppose it could be a mothman, but if it's low to the ground my guess would be an alien Siamese cat. I'm only half kidding here as I suspect many of my cats are not from around here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Rat's eyes glow red from reflected light in the dark.

• 2 months later...

I have thos right now the eyes dont move just stare over the last year ive seen them 4 times it ussaly is at a distance but two weeks ago they were staring up threw a window a moved fast away checked a min later gone

• 2 months later...

I too saw a pair of red eyes. Is was in the window. Like it was not outside of the window, it was pretty much inside my house because the people who lived there before me had a cat and it ripped a hole in the window screen. I remember waking up and looking there at the window. It was in a cat form. It had bright red glowing eyes and it was just sitting there, staring at me. I remember thinking it was my dog Oreo for some odd reason. I thought she was stuck in the window or something idek. But I started crying and yelling for mom claiming that she needs to help me get Oreo down. I was petting it and telling it that it was going to be ok. I heard mom touch the door nob and instantly the red eyes cat thing jumped all the way down, looked up at me and ran into the woods behind my house. Keep in mind the I was on the top floor of my two story house. And this was about 3 years ago.

• 2 years later...

There are several stories with black  entities with red eyes. I looked this up bc my client had a similar story. When she was a child ( we thought a Demon) black with red eyes would be outside her window taping it with its claws. They had to have some bless the house. 

I believe it's an entity that stalks children. Because The children may have a physic ability. Or someone in the family has delt with negative energies. Many people see the same thing. Anyone have an idea of the name. Jc7

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have yet to find much information. Unlike many others however... I was 13 when I first saw... red eyes

Red eyes had stalked me for years... At one point after swearing an oath to my queen and country it started to... back off. 

From my understanding red eyes waits for moments of weakness... gets inside your head and feeds you thoughts... red eyes manipulates you and uses you as a puppet for this beings own amusment...

I do not know what happens when red eyes grows bored...

I do know this... If your still being stalked... go get smudged or blessed... good things never come put of this.

Also... do not refer to red eyes as...it...

I'd you do and you are heard... bad omens follow...

On 7/23/2017 at 7:42 PM, Tmotox said:

From my understanding red eyes waits for moments of weakness... gets inside your head and feeds you thoughts... red eyes manipulates you and uses you as a puppet for this beings own amusment...

It plays on your fears, and the fear is what causes it to escalate. I think I can safely say I've never witnessed red eyes, however; when I think I do see things and start to you know.. get that feeling like a horde of phantoms are chasing behind you about to strike at any second.. I tend to get obsessive over the fear and start thinking I see thing when in hindsight I usually don't.

• 1 year later...

when i was 7 i have seen the same thing but instead of seeing the set of eyes out the window they would be in my bedroom there would be like 7 sets or more surrounding my bed and when i stayed at a friends house i would see them in the ceiling vents and behind me n my friends dad when he took us for a ride to go see the stars on his four wheeler. but the thing is with the first encounter when i woke up that same day i didnt remeber how i fell asleep n i walked out of the bedroom and my mom would ask what happened to my back and i told her i dont know there is nothing in my room at the time for me to scratch my back with if i was sleep walking. but also i used to have some kind of entidy named scary i would talk to when i was young and then about 2 years later my sister was born and about 3 years later she started seeing the same entity i had and no one ever talked about it.

• 2 months later...

As a child around 3 or 4 I had also experienced seeing three sets of red eyes outside my bedroom window. I remember throwing my blanket over myself because I was frightened. It was not a good household, physical abuse, neglect, sexual abuse, incest. Maybe it does have something to do with negative energy?