Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man imprisons mentally ill children for 20yrs

Still Waters

HEBRON, West Bank (Reuters) - A Palestinian man imprisoned his two mentally ill children for more than 20 years in a dungeon he dug under his house because he was ashamed of them, Palestinian police said on Tuesday.

Police officers found the brother and his sister, in their 30s, in an unlit and unventilated dungeon during a raid against arms and drug dealers in the West Bank village of Beit Awa.

The father told police he has imprisoned his children because he did not want people to laugh at him for bringing "abnormal children to this world".

Police said the father had been arrested and the children were sent to a psychiatric hospital.

The children's mother died years ago and their father remarried. He has two children from his second marriage.

Police declined to give his name or other details

Link

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• ASOP

• DoctorHyme

• snapple

In Japan al the sick people get send to special kamps where they live outside the Japanese society.

What is so cruel about this story it's in a lot of countries that this happens!

This is just a kick against Palastinia...

TAKE YOUR PROPAGANDA ELSEWERE!!! PLEASE!

THANK YOU!!!

Edited by DoctorHyme

TAKE YOUR PROPAGANDA SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! PLEASE!

THANK YOU!!!

Is that remark aimed at me?

about 50% of the popuation becomes mentay ill in their life

alot of women suffer depression sometime in their ife espeically around middle age or teen year

most mental ilnesses dont mean your crazy but people treat mentally ill peope horrible. they lock them away from culture

Still Waters

Is that remark aimed at me?

First: Yes, for you posted the story here.

Second: To the media that published it!

Edited by DoctorHyme

That's sad to hear. :no: I hope the two siblings get the help they needed. That's just wrong.

Dr. H: He has every right to post the story here. Thank you very much.

First my painful humor…All them that are not cool with sick twisted humor down into the basement or close your eyes…

Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues…

Just had to do that, they say you can tell a lot about by a society in regards to how they treat their animals, I say this Palestine society has slipped even deeper into subhuman culture than many others, and I blame not them, but the lack of care and love and help from the world, it’s a world global tribal state of affairs a eye sour for many, and for those that have no sore eyes but numb or rather cold hearts it is as out of sight out of mind for more, but for us all it can become a pandemic, this lack of care, it has…

Does the World turn away or embrace them all as it's very own open arms and hearts?

Pavot

Ahem.

I've just had to remove and edit Several Posts from this thread.

Could members posting here please ensure that they are familiar with the Forums Terms and Conditions, especially:

3a. Racism or hatred: Do not post racist or hate-driven material or views which express hatred towards or discriminate against any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Also - DoctorHyme - I see nothing in the OP, a news report from Reuters, that breaks the Forum's rules. In future, if you believe a post does, please use the report button, so a member of the moderation team can make that decision.

Thanks in advance,

Tiggs

Forum Mod Team]

It doesn't matter where it happened only that it happened! Really does it make any less wrong that is done in more than that one place?

Well at least the police will give him the chance to experience what it is like to be imprisoned.

In Japan al the sick people get send to special kamps where they live outside the Japanese society.

What is so cruel about this story it's in a lot of countries that this happens!

This is just a kick against Palastinia...

TAKE YOUR PROPAGANDA ELSEWERE!!! PLEASE!

THANK YOU!!!

Dare not post a crime coming from anywhere or it's propagaaaaaaaanda.. PFFT!!!!

This story is VERY CRUEL!! You don't shove your kids in a basement for 20 years and act as though they were never born because you are ashamed- I don't care what country you're from, thats ****ed up!

Edited by Shankpin

That is such a cruel thing to do to one's own children, I don't know how these people have the heart to do such a thing :no: I don't think i can live knowing that my children are locked up in an underground dungeon no matter their mental stability...

I am beyond words but I can quote Keanu Reeves from a movie called "Parenthood" "You have to have a license to have a dog, you have to have a license to catch a fish but they let any butt reeming as**ole become a parent" I believe I have that quote right or at least the spirit of the quote correct. It is so true...

To be honest I've been reluctant to come back into this thread, but I see today it has some new responces. So for the members who are interested I have posted another link which gives more details about the case.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080828/twl-...-3cd7efd_1.html

btw The father has since been charged and put in jail......it was on Yahoo but I can't find it now to post the link!

That's so sad. Mentally disabled or not, they are still people and should be treated as such.