Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military trained dolphins go AWOL

Still Waters

Three military-trained dolphins have gone AWOL from the Ukrainian Navy - apparently in search of love.

The marine mammals, who can attack enemies using guns and knives strapped to their head, failed to return after a training exercise near the port of Sevastopol in the Black Sea.

But Yury Plyachenko, a former Soviet naval anti-sabotage officer, said he believes they have probably left to find a mate and will soon return.

http://www.dailymail...earch-mate.html

RUN BOYS RUN... I hope they don't go back.

If they are smart they won't come back to be used and abused.

I hope they did not go to Japan...

I read earlier, sorry no link, that this had been debunked...at least the important bit....the ARMED part.

It was just on the news here,showing a dolphin holding a mig *rolling laughing*

The Russians have done some wwweeiiirdd stuff with dolphins ,so.....more to this than meets the eye ;)

• Like 1

Apparently the dolphins are military trained (from what I read anyway) the OP is the first time I have heard of them being armed also....

• Like 1

Apparently the US has used sea mammals for 40 plus years. Mainly for mine detection. Also the story I read is that they were not armed and it was not unusual for them to run off during mating season and return a few weeks later.

Apparently the US has used sea mammals for 40 plus years. Mainly for mine detection. Also the story I read is that they were not armed and it was not unusual for them to run off during mating season and return a few weeks later.

Seals and dolphins. This happened in the Ukraine actually ,and they're blaming the story on the Russians .

Unless the dolphins suddenly develop opposable thumbs I don't think we need to worry about the guns and knives.

• Like 2

Dolphins with guns and knives, we're screwed.

• Like 2

Unless the dolphins suddenly develop opposable thumbs I don't think we need to worry about the guns and knives.

The US already succesfully armed dolphins....... I'd hate to be a shark nowadays.

• Like 2

Dolphins have a lot more to teach us than we do them.

jumping through burning rings?
  • Like 2

And all I can think of is.............. Double 0 Dolphin

• Like 2

They were heard to whistle as they swam to freedom "Thanks for all the fish!"

Another fine idea weoponize Dolphins what more more bright ideas can the military dream up thanks jerks