Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ball of light watching me sleep?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

Once when I was younger, about 12 I think, I woke up in the middle of the night to a ball of light floating above me. When I opened my eyes it immediately took off around the corner. That was along time ago and I've never seen it again since. I was wandering if anyone has any ideas what this might have been or has had any similar experiences?

#2    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

I have the same thing only i started seeing the Orb of light last March and i see it on a weekly basis and in different colors at different times. I feel strongly that this is a guardian angel.Every time i try to communicate with it,it floats right up to me and then goes into the wall.I get the feeling that it's job is to watch over me...Just my feeling that i get from it.By the way..I wanted to make sure that it was not my eyes or something neurological,so i took a picture of it when i saw it and the picture came out exactly where i saw it and how i saw it..The same size and everything...I was pretty excited to catch it on film!!:D
Most Orbs in pictures are dust,but this one was seen with the naked eye,so i knew that this was the real deal :yes:
Hope my story helps youAttached File  SANY0001-6-1-1.jpg   12.51K   92 downloads

#3    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

OP - you were probably lucid or still half asleep, or your eyes may have been adjusting.

As far as orbs, you say you took a pic.  Was it a digital camera? Photo artifacts can happen in all sorts of cameras but digitial cameras are major orb culprits.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#4    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 17 January 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

OP - you were probably lucid or still half asleep, or your eyes may have been adjusting.

As far as orbs, you say you took a pic.  Was it a digital camera? Photo artifacts can happen in all sorts of cameras but digitial cameras are major orb culprits.

It was a digital camera,..but like i said...Most Orbs on film are dust..I know that...But i have been seeing this Orb with the naked eye and on a weekly basis.This particular one in the picture was bright yellow when i saw it,but started fading when i took the picture and only came up like it is in the pic.It was exactly where i saw it with the naked eye and exactly the same size and everything...This Orb comes right up to my face when i try to communicate with it.It has materialized infront of me looking like a feather type Koosh Koosh ball.The first time that i saw it ,it looked like a bubble that you blow with a bright yellow super ball in the middle that was materialized .I was thinking that it was my eyes and i needed to get them checked,..and then i thought maybe it was neurological,until i finally got the picture of it right where i saw it and how i saw it..Only like i said it was really yellow,but started to fade when i finally took the pic.I am not trying to convince anyone of anything,,,I was only trying to prove to myself that i was not crazy and the things that i have been seeing are in fact real.That was when i started to do research online and i found this forum. I am surprised to see that there are a lot of people who have seen these Orbs with the naked eye too...Weather it is paranormal or something else,..It's nice to know that i am not alone in seeing them.I will try to get more pics of it when i see it with the naked eye .I am a skeptic too and have to keep re proving it to myself that i'm not crazy!! LOL!! :P

#5    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

This is very odd to find this thread. I have had this problem, if this is a problem ... and recently. I woke up choking and as I was sitting up in bed I saw a small round light flitting across the wall. This is the middle of the night and I am backed onto woods. So this was all very odd and I wondered if the light was choking me, I wondered if it was just coincidence that I was choking. I would like to think that this thing wasnt trying to hurt me. I have a digital camera to hand and will try to get a photo of it if I see it again. Well Done PinupGirl for getting a photo of it. Your light looks just like the one that I saw. Are we being invaded by some life form ??

#6    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 19 January 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

This is very odd to find this thread. I have had this problem, if this is a problem ... and recently. I woke up choking and as I was sitting up in bed I saw a small round light flitting across the wall. This is the middle of the night and I am backed onto woods. So this was all very odd and I wondered if the light was choking me, I wondered if it was just coincidence that I was choking. I would like to think that this thing wasnt trying to hurt me. I have a digital camera to hand and will try to get a photo of it if I see it again. Well Done PinupGirl for getting a photo of it. Your light looks just like the one that I saw. Are we being invaded by some life form ??

Hahahaha!!!! :rofl:

If you were choking,maybe your Orb was a guardian trying to help you ?? Just a thought ..Definitely try to catch a photo of it if you see it again. I don't get any negative feeling at all from my Orb..I am hoping that you don't get a bad feeling from yours??

#7    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postpinupgirl, on 20 January 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Hahahaha!!!! :rofl:

If you were choking,maybe your Orb was a guardian trying to help you ?? Just a thought ..Definitely try to catch a photo of it if you see it again. I don't get any negative feeling at all from my Orb..I am hoping that you don't get a bad feeling from yours??

No I do not get a bad feeling from 'my' orb. I don't get anything negative from it at all. I wonder if it is a life form or if it is just some kind of building block of the universe. Do you think that yours is a life form that is trying to make contact with you?

#8    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'd place my bets on a dream, or sleep paralysis. They can be very real, and the imagination can also make wild things occur. :)

#9    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 20 January 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

No I do not get a bad feeling from 'my' orb. I don't get anything negative from it at all. I wonder if it is a life form or if it is just some kind of building block of the universe. Do you think that yours is a life form that is trying to make contact with you?

Well...since it seems to react when i try to communicate with it or it sees that i can see it..It moves right up to my face,i believe it's some sort of guardian .I always get the feeling from it that it's watching over me .I did ask several different psychics about my Orb.They all said the same thing,..It's a male and he watches over me.They seemed to verify what i had already felt about it. :)

One psychic told me not to try to communicate with it because it's my spirit guide and it's not supposed to communicate with me,only watch over me.If it communicates too much,i could lose that guide...That is just what one psychic told me.I can never be sure exactly what or who it is,i can only go by my gut feeling and that is that it's watching over me and definitely nothing negative.It's nice to know i am not alone and i find it comforting :)

Edited by pinupgirl, 20 January 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#10    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 17 January 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Although I'm not counting out a perfectly valid biological explanation, I've experienced lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, and other hallucinogenic states before, I'm fairly certain that I was fully conscience and not imagining the orb. I watched it as it took off around the corner pretty clearly and the whole experience got the adrenaline pumping pretty good so I was pretty awake.

#11    Jean8282

Jean8282

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

When I was about 6 or 7 I woke up in the middle if the night and I saw a ball of light floating at the end of my bed. Being a little kid I was scared and covered my head with the blankets until I fell asleep again. I told my father about it the next day and he said that he had seen one when he was a child and it had freaked him out. Fast forward a couple of years to when me and my father were talking to his sister when the subject was brought up and she said that she has also seen one when she was little. I have no idea what they could be but I think it is strange that we have all seen one at about the same age.

#12    Kyle98632

Kyle98632

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• A cat can have kittens in an oven but that doesn't make them biscuits.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I once had something like this happen to me as a child. I was 6 and my brother had just been born weeks before. I had fallen asleep in my moms bed and woke up in the middle of the night and saw a glowing ball hovering above my brother. I was very scared and kept trying to wake my mom by poking her but she wouldn't wake up. The more I looked at the light it looked like it was changing shape, and kinda looked like a baby lamb or something. It then moved very fast and went out the bedroom window. The second it had finally left I screamed lol and scared my mom probably more than I had been scared. For years we would always talk about the "round ghost".

But, I have serve sleep walking issues. They seem to be getting even worse from the time I was a kid to now. And I remember alot of what goes on when I sleep walk. Thinking people are there who arent, thinking things are in my house (I always shut my curtains at night not because Im scared that something is outside looking in but because too often when I sleepwalk I think things are and trust me my boyfriend doesn't appericate me running into bed lol). So I think for me personally, my experience as a child could have been a result of my sleep issues.

Not to say that you for sure didn't see anything, but I think there could be alot of answers, and alot of non paranormal.

#13    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

well weird thing happens to me sometimes when im trying to sleep. i sometimes think that i must be opening my eyes slightly cus i can see light between my lids, i then realise its night and there shouldnt be any light and i open my eyes. dont know if im half asleep and dreaming of that moment in the morning when im trying to sleep and the suns in my eyes.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users