Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN votes to recognize the state of Palestine

buckskin scout

Jews are an ethno-religious group. Believe it or not, there are people that are ethnically Jewish.

I know that, it why it proves that the extremists are worse than any other extremist as they actually believe they are a "superior race". Sound familiar?

I don't get it, why is this allowed to be said? Surely this isn't correct.

Jew = Religion

Arab = Race

How is this allowed?! YET if you said one for Christians and one for African Americans.... It would be racist and politically incorrect.

Coffey I think you get too excited over what is really a minor point. Over the centuries the term "Jew" has simply come to be recognized for both things in the English language. It isn't intended to incite as much as instruct. Technically speaking, "Jew" would be the name of descendants of the tribe of Judah only. Today's Israel has representatives of all 12 tribes of Israel's descendants. They have collectively just become referred to as Jews. JUDAISM=RELIGION, JEW=DESCENDANT of Israel. One need not be a descendant to be of the faith of Judaism.

Nice to see New Zealand voted yes.. :tu:

Sad to see Australia didn't have the dangly bits to vote either way.. :hmm:

I'm actually surprised that Australia didn't vote. Both major parties in Oz (Labour and specially the Liberals) have their political heads so far up the US' rear end they usually let them decide on their behalf.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil
  • Like 1

It's obvious that the intent of this vote was primarily to save Abbas' political career and to try to box Israel in - it has nothing to do with making peace. The Palestinians have decided that they can use world opinion to "acquire" their State without negotiating with the heavily armed people who currently control the land it will encompass. They will be successful only in causing new violence ultimately. Again, I point to the madness that seems to proliferate in the world concerning this issue. Because Israel needs public opinion on their side to prosper in the land they are forced to play this game with the Palestinians - whom they could easily destroy if needed. When the incentive of world opinion turns so thoroughly against them that it is no longer a restrainer, what do you suppose they will do?

A: Give in and pack their bags, leaving the land they have sworn to live or die on, or

B: Soundly defeat their enemies who are sworn to kill them all?

Why does Israel need public opinion on their side? The bottom line is that the world has spoken. The US and Israel are the ones that need to adapt to the idea, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Coffey I think you get too excited over what is really a minor point. Over the centuries the term "Jew" has simply come to be recognized for both things in the English language. It isn't intended to incite as much as instruct. Technically speaking, "Jew" would be the name of descendants of the tribe of Judah only. Today's Israel has representatives of all 12 tribes of Israel's descendants. They have collectively just become referred to as Jews. JUDAISM=RELIGION, JEW=DESCENDANT of Israel. One need not be a descendant to be of the faith of Judaism.

Baloney, any follower of Judaism (or descendent of a follower) no matter nationality or ethicity can be and usually is called a Jew.

I was hoping that Obama would had grown a pair and at least abstained in this vote. Especially after Netanyahu tried to screw him so royally during the recent elections.

This unfortunately only confirms the fact that the neo-con policies initiated by Bush and his cohorts of criminals is now official American foreign policy for both political parties.

Unfortunately I think within this decade there will be another great war. Against Israel and their puppet (U.S.A.)

Once the U.S.A. loses their superpower status, The U.K. and others will have no reason to fear opposing them so much.

China and India are rising......

explain?

how so?

According to some interpretations of the Bible/Torah the second coming is after the day when the whole world turns against Israel. Funnily I can't see that the whole world did.

China and India are rising......

Oh look, someone forgot to take the tinfoil off when they entered the forum.

First things first. Chine does not want to risk any lucrative profit making ventures it has invested in the US. That is pretty much the most idiotic thing any country could do was to risk billions of dollars worth of trade. Yes, China is rising........economically. It may have nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles but these are used as a deterrent to their neighbours not to try anything they might regret. And anyway, the Chinese government and military is content on bullying its Asian neighbours anyway. Has been for decades.

India on the other hand, is only interested in what benefits India. It has no gripes against the US, doesn't give a flying rat's **** what Israel and such does and is only interested in Pakistan and China, both of whom it has had wars and territorial disputes with. Again, India is rising economically and it also has nuclear weapons and again, these are for deterrence. India wouldn't use them offensively against any Western state because the West is partly the reason why India could develop such technologies in the first place.

So, tell me again why India and China have anything to do with a future war?

• Like 1

According to some interpretations of the Bible/Torah the second coming is after the day when the whole world turns against Israel. Funnily I can't see that the whole world did.

Kinda, but you left out alot of detail. It really isnt a matter of interpretation though. The bible directly speaks of the Israel palistinian conflict in these end days, and how every recognized leader of every single county in the world would have to choose whether or not to divide the land for "peace and saftey". With the division of Jerusalem at the very heart of the matter. Also, it isnt the second coming that this brings forth, but the revealing of the anti christ and the begining of the 7 year tribulation. Other things to be looking out for, now that the world has decided palistine is recognized, the complete and utter destruction of Damascus, Palistine, Lebanon. Also a terrible global depression on a scale never before seen. This brings the world to the brink of WW3, when the anti christ steps in with all the answers. He consolidates all economic power. And creates a one world government.

Great, want state hood now ,something the Palestinans should have did back in 1947, when the UN and the British offered, before all the wars and the lands were won over.Now the parties have to decide what lands to give back and divide to make that state, like thats really going to happen when it become a secutity risk to the state of Isreal.This is never going to be settle just more wars, unless people of real leadership come to their senses and divide that land in a proper way.

• Like 1

So, tell me again why India and China have anything to do with a future war?

They dont and wont.

I am saying they are becoming the world's super powers. The next U.S. if you will. Just a smarter neutral version that will grow and profit while steering clear of other nation's politics and foreign affairs (WAR) .... They have learned what not to do when being or soon-to-be a superpower by the historical facts of Babylon, Rome, and The U.S.A.

Karma will get you eventually when you nation-build and meddle in others business.

They dont and wont.

I am saying they are becoming the world's super powers. The next U.S. if you will. Just a smarter neutral version that will grow and profit while steering clear of other nation's politics and foreign affairs (WAR) .... They have learned what not to do when being or soon-to-be a superpower by the historical facts of Babylon, Rome, and The U.S.A.

Karma will get you eventually when you nation-build and meddle in others business.

You may be correct but I think that human nature is the ultimate decider of national policy. The fact that India and China seem not to follow the track the US has blazed may only indicate their problems with securing their own countries first. Massive populations take longer to "bring onboard" with such plans.

Kinda, but you left out alot of detail. It really isnt a matter of interpretation though. The bible directly speaks of the Israel palistinian conflict in these end days, and how every recognized leader of every single county in the world would have to choose whether or not to divide the land for "peace and saftey". With the division of Jerusalem at the very heart of the matter. Also, it isnt the second coming that this brings forth, but the revealing of the anti christ and the begining of the 7 year tribulation. Other things to be looking out for, now that the world has decided palistine is recognized, the complete and utter destruction of Damascus, Palistine, Lebanon. Also a terrible global depression on a scale never before seen. This brings the world to the brink of WW3, when the anti christ steps in with all the answers. He consolidates all economic power. And creates a one world government.

Can't remember the word Palestinian showing up anywhere...

And your one world government, should it ever happen, is centuries away. More likely that die to climate change about 4 billion humans die off first.

And your one world government, should it ever happen, is centuries away. More likely that die to climate change about 4 billion humans die off first.

I remember a old guy on TV in the 70's who had a religious program on Saturdays. He was wild eyed and pounded the table - and his Bible :) He was always predicting odd things that people laughed at. One of his favorites was that Europeans would dissolve their boundaries, not need passports to travel within Europe and would have one currency. He predicted they would become a US of Europe. He said America would be broken in the pride of it's power and had won it's last great war. He said Europe's central government would have a leader come to power who would make peace in the M.E. and attempt to rule the whole world. Crazy old sod......

I don't see why counties like Palau wish to deny self determination to those in Palestine. Perhaps they should lose their sovereignity, let Israel blockade them, and see how they feel.

Congrats Palestine on your birthday!!!! We have waited so long for this. Many even in the countries who voted 'no' actually disagree with that and agree with the general outcome of the vote.

• Like 1

Palistine, philistine, whatever, Its still the exact goe

geological location. With the government doing exactly to the tee what the bible said they'd do.

Well considering the bible as predicted with pin point accuracy everything concering Israel And there situation on the world stage, combined with several other prophecies also have been or are currently being fulfilled, forgive me if I take its word over yours. Like they say, never let a crisis go to waste.

We wont all die from climate change. The bible also predicted the rising temps. Said that if those days werent shortened, we would all die from it. But they will be shortened, so no worries there.

Edited by preacherman76

I remember a old guy on TV in the 70's who had a religious program on Saturdays. He was wild eyed and pounded the table - and his Bible :) He was always predicting odd things that people laughed at. One of his favorites was that Europeans would dissolve their boundaries, not need passports to travel within Europe and would have one currency. He predicted they would become a US of Europe. He said America would be broken in the pride of it's power and had won it's last great war. He said Europe's central government would have a leader come to power who would make peace in the M.E. and attempt to rule the whole world. Crazy old sod......

Last time i looked Europe wasn't that united,a group of member states with their own agenda,interpretation is key and you could read the Bible for the next ten years and basically mould World events to fit the text.

Personally i've got better things to do..

• Like 1

Last time i looked Europe wasn't that united,a group of member states with their own agenda,interpretation is key and you could read the Bible for the next ten years and basically mould World events to fit the text.

Personally i've got better things to do..

Europe IS united. The Euro may get replaced but you will see a US of Europe. And if you have better things to do....why are you spending time trashing my comments? :whistle::su
  • Like 1

Congrats to Palestine in their new status as a nation among the world's nations. Not surprising, the US and Israel vehemently oppose Palestinian sovereignity over the issue of Hamas in the Palestinian government continues to preach the destruction of Israel and border security issues pose a risk for Israel inable to recognize a new hostile neighboring nation.

Yesterday was the biggest biblicaly prophectic day in modern times. Its bigger then the rebirth of Israel its self. To my Christian brothers and sisters, get your house in order. Your redemption draws near. For those who might be on the fence, its time to choose.

Time to choose what? Obviously what is happening is the will of God, right? There is nothing for us for to as the Mayans are proven right about 12-21.2012, right? Well what do I know? The Greeks thought the gods were behind their wars, so why not believe the God of Abraham is behind the present conflict and the prediction of the end of one cycle and beginning of a new one.

Time to choose what? Obviously what is happening is the will of God, right? There is nothing for us for to as the Mayans are proven right about 12-21.2012, right? Well what do I know? The Greeks thought the gods were behind their wars, so why not believe the God of Abraham is behind the present conflict and the prediction of the end of one cycle and beginning of a new one.

Essentially that is what the book of Revelation is about. It is the revealing of the Person who will bring a new age for humanity. The leader and King who will rule and reign for the good of all humanity. It's not a message of doom and gloom even though a vast number of people will die. The truth is that "nothing for us to do" is a measure of frustration that humans cannot continue to have our own way even though we have proven countless times that we don't know the way of peace. So the near destruction of our species will be stopped and the remnant who remain will finally be teachable. I look forward to being in that remnant and I hope you are there too.

The way I looked at the whole situation in Isreal is everyday situation, about the two brothers of Abraham,the conquences of adultery fighting over their father`s land that each thought was promised to them. A conflict that can affect the whole world in blood shed, Jesus saw it and in the end his peace and love he taught will finally come, a new age.