Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment

BiffSplitkins

A 6-year-old boy was suspended from school in Canon City, Colo., on Monday for sexual harassment after he kissed a female classmate on the hand.

Hunter Yelton’s mother, Jennifer Saunders, said her son and the girl are boyfriend and girlfriend — by first-grader terms, KRDO-TV reported.

“She was fine with it, they are ‘boyfriend and girlfriend,’ she told the station. “The other children saw it and went to the music teacher. That was the day I had the meeting with the principal, where she first said ‘sexual harassment.’”

“It was during class, yeah,” the boy said. “We were doing reading group and I leaned over and kissed her on the hand. That’s what happened. … They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/10/6-year-old-boy-suspended-sexual-harassment-over-ki/#ixzz2nB7XOqH0

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Unbelievable! At 6 years old, EVERYTHING makes a difference. This school principal and the school board should be sued for the years of counseling this child is going to need.

For the rest of his life this kid is going to have feelings of negativity every time he goes to kiss someone.

• Like 2

Well I reckon he'll wear his suspension badge with pride and grow up to be a successful seducer of women. (First thing on his CV is "Suspended for stealing a kiss." How can he fail?)

• Like 6

Well I reckon he'll wear his suspension badge with pride and grow up to be a successful seducer of women. (First thing on his CV is "Suspended for stealing a kiss." How can he fail?)

That's how we as adults would like to think of it, but I'm pretty sure this is going to damage this kid somehow.

• Like 3

Wow, poor kid. Don't even know what sex is and already learning it's a bad thing that he gets punished for.

And wow, stupid adults. I can understand telling the kid not to do that, but suspensions and sexual harassment on his record?

• Like 1

Back in the day, when I was at a rather "swanky" prep school in England, one was taught that it was perfectly acceptable to kiss a maiden on the hand as a prelude to social discourse, but ONLY if the Lady did not withdraw her hand first.

If the kiss was "stolen" i.e. the Lady did not have time to withdraw her hand, then it was considered frightfully wrong and the gentleman concerned would be ostracised by his fellows. This was reality when I went to school and continued when I went "up" to Winchester College (yes I am a Wykhamist).

In my own sphere of reference (limited as it may be) the Lady consented, and no further actions should have been predicated on this innocent act

• Like 5

Awww, he's so cute!

Those little snitches. :td:

• Like 3

*sigh*

So much I could say, but I will refrain.

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 1

The boy is six years old. A six year old is not really capable of understanding the concept of "sexual harassment". However, the school officials are not six years old. These adults really should be capable of understanding the concept of "sexual harassment". Since the school officials obviously could not properly grasp the concept, I'm forced to conclude that they are stupid.

• Like 6