Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Debunking chemtrails and chemclouds

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,015 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Funny - I didn't think this was a game of cards?  I guess I'm a bit strange, but i don't put much weight on unsupported anecdotes..

View PostFrazzill, on 28 May 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I actually OBSERVE way more than most people
Yes, of course you do.  We will, naturally, just take your word for it, as a superior mortal.  It's not (oh no..) that you suddenly became such a good observer *after* you saw your first chemtrail conspiracy site..

Me, just because I used to manage a marine research centre (that included a met station).. well that means nuthin' - I am in your view a very poor observer and couldn't possibly match your expertise, and who could argue with that?   And who would care what meteorological reports say, or the fact that you haven't shown us (yet) your huge gallery of dripping cloud photos, or your documentation of your observations.  Do feel free, though.  Also, post some links to all the web reports that back up your obs - I mean, surely it's not just you noticing...

answer this if you can, how come the dripping clouds have only been around RECENTLY?
Well, how can I put this delicately...?  The fact (if it is one) that you have only noticed these as yet unknown 'dripping cloud' thingies recently could be for any reason including .. local weather or climate.  But more likely it's because you have been reading conspiracy websites, and your brain has fixed up all your memories to match what you wish to believe.  Brains are very, very good at that.

Did you know that the first thing a good observer learns, is just how incredibly flawed and unreliable human perceptions are, and how memories are fluid, surreal and changeable?  That's why documentation and proof is so important.  Anyway, I keep forgetting I am talking to an excellent observer, so you would know all that.  Sorry.

Anyway, as you would also know - contrails most often form at high altitudes, and even when they do grow into cirrus cloud banks, they very rarely show high level precipitation effects (I'm presuming that's what 'dripping' means..).  If you have lots of 'dripping clouds' (a picture would help, as that name isn't a standard met term...), perhaps it is just your weather.  But weather :) it is or not, your say so isn't worth anything without evidence.  Photos, dates, times, met obs..?

I'm happy to provide lots of well-documented information about contrail formation, how much it has increased over the years due to increased air-traffic (and also engine design..), how to tell what the weather is doing at high altitude, etc, etc, but that is the mainstream view.  I'm not making the wild claims, so the burden of proof is not mine.

Oh, and do feel free to link these clouds with aircraft - you MUST have photos of low level trails to back this up.  Surely?

same goes for the toxic looking rainbow colored clouds that are not rainbows???
Gee, I find rainbow colours PRETTY, not toxic.  Guess it depends on your outlook on life.  What, specifically, makes them 'toxic looking'?  Again, pictures, locations, directions?

I have had to travel for the last 25 years daily 150 - 300 miles a DAY!
Golly!  Let's have a competition - I don't travel that far daily (only 'bout 70 total per day) but I regularly travel a route of about 2300 km (that's ~1400 miles) about 4 times each year (there and back, so multiply that by two) - and in a rather busy 2 year period about 3 years back, I did that trip 22 times.  Each trip (from western South Australia to Brisbane, Queensland) was driven by me, alone, over a period of between 2.5 and 4 days each time, and I had nothing to do except drive, eat, sleep, and enjoy the environment.  I take lots of pictures, btw.. including a few of contrails, mostly out over desert areas..  I'll dig them out and post some of them if you like..

So, I am speaking from what I've viewed DAILY driving most of the day in the daylight hours.
I'm as impressed by that as you no doubt are with my anecdote...

If YOU did a little more research you would find out more yourself.
Thing is, I have.  As you would realise if you researched - try Googling 'contrails CHRLZ'...  Yep, that's me at all them other forums too..

No website can replace what I've seen with my OWN eyes over the years-
And no unsupported claims on a website are worth anything much to anyone else.

It's a tough old world.

Anyway, let's see all the evidence!  Or is it to be just more words?

Edited by Chrlzs, 28 May 2012 - 01:24 PM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#17    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,447 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

A belief in chemtrails is totally baed in ignorance and misunderstanding of the world around us - after ready years of these chemtrail debates arond here, there's really no other explanation.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#18    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,015 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Here's another typical day in Brisbane, Australia.
Posted Image

As we have very few high altitude flight paths overhead in this region, contrails are quite rare even on a perfect day for them like this one..  Happy to post *many* more examples, but I don't want to needlessly clutter the thread.  It's 'chemtrails', contrails and 'dripping clouds' we want to see...

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#19    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,293 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Can remember seeing the skies criss-crossed often as a child.  In fact.. we asked our teacher what they were and he said jets.  What kind of jets we asked.  I don't know said he, but I believe they are from the RAF or USAF.  Why don't you write them and ask.  So we did, as a class.

We got a reason, "training exercises" and also awesome posters of jets, pens, pencils and badges from both.

Those were the days!

:)

#20    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,015 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostEldorado, on 28 May 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Can remember seeing the skies criss-crossed often as a child.  In fact.. we asked our teacher what they were and he said jets.  What kind of jets we asked.  I don't know said he, but I believe they are from the RAF or USAF.  Why don't you write them and ask.  So we did, as a class.

We got a reason, "training exercises" and also awesome posters of jets, pens, pencils and badges from both.

Those were the days!

:)

I remember those days too!  So, did you succumb to the propaganda and become a pilot? :D  I would have killed to become an RAAF pilot, but alas, I have slight colorblindness and they wouldn't take me - damn you, DNA!  I could have been flying F-111's:
Posted Image..an F-111 doing its party trick - afterburner 'dump and burn'

I try not to think about it..{sob}

BTW - note the wingtip trails, with a slight rainbow tinge...

___

#21    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Below is a pic of  dripping clouds :)

Attached Files

Edited by Englishgent, 29 May 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#22    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Below is a pic of toxic looking rainbow clouds that are not rainbows :)

Attached Files

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,098 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostFrazzill, on 28 May 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

25 years trumps 6 years

In this case: quality trumps quantity.

Edited by Abramelin, 30 May 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#24    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,442 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 30 May 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

In this case: quality trumps quantity.

In my experience it does every time. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#25    M0TH

M0TH

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Chemtrails debunked?  FINALLY!!!!... :tu:

Edited by M0TH, 04 October 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#26    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,966 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Someone "observing" the sky while they drive is NOT someone I want to ride in the car with.  OR be on the road beside in another car...

Clouds are awesome. The best one I saw a few weeks ago I tried to photograph, but it was dusk and my semi-intelligent phone couldn't handle it. It was a big cloud (turned out it was a storm cloud brewing iirc) with a hole punched through the centre that the sun was shining through. Pretty awesome! :tu:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#27    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

CHEMTRAILS DEBUNKED!
i see a topic like this and almost laugh my head off..

if you're really concerned, do what i did, make some contacts in the right places and ask them questions..
then, don't go on message boards and repeat what they told you.. rather, just suggest that people go looking for themselves.

..i'll bet noone else here has done that, have they? but they've all somehow got so much to say? ..so i went and did it myself, and i'm not really saying anything, am i? ;)

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#28    M0TH

M0TH

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

View Postunit, on 05 October 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

CHEMTRAILS DEBUNKED!
i see a topic like this and almost laugh my head off..

if you're really concerned, do what i did, make some contacts in the right places and ask them questions..
then, don't go on message boards and repeat what they told you.. rather, just suggest that people go looking for themselves.

..i'll bet noone else here has done that, have they? but they've all somehow got so much to say? ..so i went and did it myself, and i'm not really saying anything, am i? ;)

go and have a lie down... warm blanket... you'll feel better.

I read the forum rules so I cant accurately explain the nature of the people that believe the governmenet is systematically gassing us with chemtrails, shame.

I have looked into it myself... cant believe I was even suckered in that much to actually look into it myself... but thats from hanging around with chemtrail "enthusiats" I suppose... tell me ... short of chasing around a boeing with a microlite and catching the trails in a jar... how would you conclusively relate barium to the trail and not other sources?... Oh sorry... you may not have an answer for this as you assumed no one looked into this stuff... :td:

#29    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,015 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postunit, on 05 October 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

...i'm not really saying anything, am i? ;)
No, you certainly aren't.  So I guess you achieved your goal.

Let me explain - this is a DISCUSSION forum.   Maybe you should look that word up.  It's name is Unexplained Mysteries, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it's all about documenting and possible EXPLAINING mysteries.  So, the idea is this.  Rather than silly handwaving and vague inferences, you BRING YOUR KNOWLEDGE and INFORMATION HERE, so it can be discussed and properly debated.  That way the truth comes out.

You've decided not to do that.  That tells me that very likely it's because you don't have the required knowledge or understanding of the topic to debate it, and you know that you will lose.  No shame in that - it's why I don't post my ignorance at neurosurgery forums.  I'm not sufficiently educated on that topic and I realise that.

There are two ways to deal with one's own ignorance - one can do real research, ask questions and talk to learned people in public forums like this one and LEARN.  Or, if you prefer, you can only go to tinfoilhat websites and guillibly accept what they say and stay uninformed.

If you take the latter approach, then please don't come to forums pretending to know stuff that other's don't, as you will be called to PROVE IT.

Back to you, unit.  Feel free to prove your knowledge.  You can start by telling everyone here exactly which of the facts about contrails I've posted above, that you dispute.  If you TRULY have looked into this and are confident with your knowledge, why would you not do that?

___

#30    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,283 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Chrizs,

I concur with everything you've said (the chemtrail conspiracy is a +10 on the woo woo scale).

I just ask that perhaps you could please, stop 'Capslocking'.

I know that you're free to do whatever you want, but it's usually the people that are on the woo woo scale, that continuously 'Capslock'.

I just think that you are a smart individual and you don't have to 'YELL', to make your usual well informed and researched observation.

This is, of course, just my personal observation, and you could take it, or leave it as you will.

:) LG

*edit* P.S.: On second thought, post at will. Who am I to say? You've provided me with a lot of debate ammunition towards a certain 'chemtrail conspiracy theorist anti-zionist libertarian' that I know. -peace.

Edited by Likely Guy, 06 October 2012 - 03:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users