Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Paranormal Journey

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi everyone, My Paranormal Journey is getting published. I am thrilled because it is a true story about my experiences from doors opening and closing to street lights going off when I asked. And my big obsession with evps. When I wrote my journey I was a reader on here. I hope you all will come and share my experiences with me when it gets published. Thanks to all the kind people on this wonderful site.

#2    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

If I was not supposed to post my story name please delete. Thank you. Just a little excited.

#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,591 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

So as a skeptic, what would make your book appealing to me?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#4    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi Brian. It has been a long time. When I first started out I was a skeptic. Then at the same time I was gullable to everything. I went out every night for years try to research. My first experience with the door opening up got me hooked. Things took time to develop an understanding of what I was doing and how I was doing it. I laughed at paranormal psychics because they sounded so cheesy and fake. But through my research I found out they were telling the truth. Because the audio recording that I believed in and devoted years to under standing  them proved what they said was being proved on my audio. I did many tests on evps and with video cameras. When someone tried to debunk I tried to reinact the story. I just did not let it end there. When I got walking on the audio and there was no one there I video taped the recorder and played flour down to see if anything would show up. And sure enough the walking was still there. Like I staid tried to debunk and it would still happen I could not explain it. I have many stories that happen to me. And most I moved on and lost interest when I proved it was a bird or the wind. I can talk all day because it happen to me. Thanks

#5    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostRick Waid, on 29 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Hi everyone, My Paranormal Journey is getting published. I am thrilled because it is a true story about my experiences from doors opening and closing to street lights going off when I asked.

I Think that you have a pretty selective memory, you are fooling yourself.....meaning, you remember the hits and forget the misses. Wishful thinking my friend. Do this like it should be done, with skeptical viewers, a controlled experiment, and your "superpowers" are gone.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

That is incorrect my friend. I have been tested in a controlled inviroment and passed. I have challenged skeptics with my reads and satisfied 4 out of 5.

#7    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostRick Waid, on 02 July 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

That is incorrect my friend. I have been tested in a controlled inviroment and passed. I have challenged skeptics with my reads and satisfied 4 out of 5.

If that is true then you shouldnt have any problem cashing in on the One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge offered by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF), which will pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria.

Over a thousand people have applied to take the challenge, but none has yet been successful. If you can pass someting like that, a real scientific investigation and challange,... maby then the rest of us will take your claims seriously. Until then, not so much.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Hazzard, 02 July 2013 - 03:58 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#8    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Maybe I am actually using more of my brain. I have had people grab a book off their bookshelf and let me hold and I will pick up stuff about the author. In this one case I was told his favorite movie. They looked it up and I was correct. We can be a believer or a skeptic and you know what I am. Plus more came to me I saw valley's and door locks and he was an artist that most of his pictures were hills and valleys. Plus many doors were drawn with nice big locks on them.

#9    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Everyone brings this challenge up. I can not find a missing person and I have tried. I have been on psychic teams and
no one I know can do it. I have read over a thousand people did I hit all the time no. I have been challenged with objects hidden behind a black cloth and failed. But I know that people can be proved. I read a past life for this lady and told her she was Annie Oakley and she took a picture and sent it to me a huge portrait in her room of Annie she was obsessed over her and she was excellent with a gun. If your a skeptic tell me how I got  that info.

#10    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,418 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostRick Waid, on 02 July 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Maybe I am actually using more of my brain. I have had people grab a book off their bookshelf and let me hold and I will pick up stuff about the author. In this one case I was told his favorite movie. They looked it up and I was correct. We can be a believer or a skeptic and you know what I am. Plus more came to me I saw valley's and door locks and he was an artist that most of his pictures were hills and valleys. Plus many doors were drawn with nice big locks on them.
Yet I recall when you attempted test on this forum (which I partook in) to have people post pictures of the paranormal or scenes of crimes or tragic incidents and you would tell us what you picked up from the pictures, the results were less than impressive to say the least. One hit (a place where people were hung), one vague hit (something about what you said was vaguely similar to what the poster described) and several misses from what I remember.

Edited by JesseCuster, 02 July 2013 - 06:30 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#11    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

On the other hand,  self-deception may not always be a flaw and may even be beneficial at times. If we were too brutally honest and objective about our own abilities and about life in general, we might become debilitated by depression.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#12    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I have no problem with my abilities. My biggest is reading on two many sites. You all talk but do you actually work with someone and test someone. Show me a true test that you all can come up with. Give me the benefit of the doubt. I rarely read anymore. I am here to learn to. My wife thinks I am nuts. Show me your willing to work with me. I would love for you all to tear all my reads apart and tell me what is chance and what is real. No one will put the time in. I am tired of testing. So except my challenge and prove to me it is in my head.

#13    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

I actually think psychic powers are relatively easy to test.

To believe in these claims I would require three things:

* Rigorously controlled trials: very careful double blinding, careful documentation of all methods, no trials redone or data thrown away on an ad-hoc basis, etc. Ideally should be overseen by a professional magician to spot deceptions or tricks the experimenters may be unaware of
* Significant results: I don't mean p>0.05, I mean effect sizes of actual importance. Tiny effect sizes, even if statistically significant, are not sufficient for claims of this degree of implausibility because even tiny biases in the experimental setup can be sufficient to generate such tiny effects
* Multiple independent replication: this means that different people must replicate the experiment, ideally using exactly the same protocols, and find comparable results. Preferably this would include replication by a team of skeptical researchers who do not believe in the claim
If I saw this sort of evidence, I would begin to take psychic powers very seriously.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#14    Rick Waid

Rick Waid

Psychic Spy

• 1,142 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

OK so how do we get it started. I am game. I would love to be part of a true experiment.

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,591 posts

• “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostRick Waid, on 01 July 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Hi Brian. It has been a long time. When I first started out I was a skeptic. Then at the same time I was gullable to everything. I went out every night for years try to research. My first experience with the door opening up got me hooked. Things took time to develop an understanding of what I was doing and how I was doing it. I laughed at paranormal psychics because they sounded so cheesy and fake. But through my research I found out they were telling the truth. Because the audio recording that I believed in and devoted years to under standing  them proved what they said was being proved on my audio. I did many tests on evps and with video cameras. When someone tried to debunk I tried to reinact the story. I just did not let it end there. When I got walking on the audio and there was no one there I video taped the recorder and played flour down to see if anything would show up. And sure enough the walking was still there. Like I staid tried to debunk and it would still happen I could not explain it. I have many stories that happen to me. And most I moved on and lost interest when I proved it was a bird or the wind. I can talk all day because it happen to me. Thanks

Sorry but you didn't answer my question, you gave me a summary of your life.

This was i expecting:
1. Topics of the paranormal, are you focusing on your abilities or paranormal or your journey as a skeptic as a believer. Or is this a biography?
2. Did you do research or you experimented on your own with your new found powers.
3. Did you have yourself tested on your powers
etc

Offtopic: As a heavy visitor of this site, i have read of your topics and to be blunt, they were vague and one sided. infact i gave you a murder photo but you were completely off course, You saw the things in the picture and was completely off the mark compared to what really happened. I think you hit one person out of 8.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users