Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychology for Dummies (in 293 words)

behavioralist

Obtuseness is absolute when the mind does not crave a Science of itself.

When there is someone in ones head, living becomes something one did before this someone took up residence there.

So if this "person" or self in ones head is evicted or aborted, then one begins living again (leaving an interim of not having lived);

and thus one has a life at the beginning of the lifespan and also at the end, with a piece of not having lived in between them.

Picture it, if you will, as a white length of string stained along a stretch in the middle.

If one has no life at the end of the lifespan (closer to death than the beginning, but hopefully nowhere near death),

then one never discovers that living is something authority resolves to deprive one of surreptitiously, by providing one with an illusion of living (also called "authority" so that with no authority one is still alive).

Consider the statement, "I am someone to you!". Now factor in the circumstance that I mean this as a deception. I am not the person I mean for you to accept me for.

There we have one false person, meaning for one true person to accept it as a true person. This can't happen! The false person, "me" (as I want you to "see" me), must evoke a false person "you", before it is truly accepted by you, thus by "you" (meaning that you have left "the building").

You don't fully accept this false "me", to the point of occluding (eclipsing, obscuring) the real me, until you are conceiving of exploiting this "me"!

That's the moment of taking the bait!

And that's the death of you, and the rise of "you", which rises inside your head.

Edited by behavioralist

okay sure ! o_O why dont you go and watch DR Phill ... i hate that guy ! he is misleading everyone !

okay sure ! o_O why dont you go and watch DR Phill ... i hate that guy ! he is misleading everyone !

You posted that comment before I posted the piece! That's what I call "speed-reading"!

Are you calling me a dummy? :passifier:

He's calling everyone here who doesn't "get" his approach to philosophy a dummy I think - but I really AM one so don't take my word for it :w00t:
  • Like 1

Maybe I am stupid but I did not understand the essay.

Are you saying that if one doesn't accept an afterlife that they are then not really existing?

Phsychology can be summed up by watching Bugs Bunny cartoons. Bugs Bunny is the greatest psychologist that ever was.

bugs910212121.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1347319815478

• Like 1

I watched a lot of bugs bunny until well into adult hood, I'm perfectly balanced.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

Maybe I am stupid but I did not understand the essay.

Are you saying that if one doesn't accept an afterlife that they are then not really existing?

Science, even 4 dummies, has to be read with more care than required to just getting an impression of it. UM is so much about the fun of making impressions, as if the unexplained is best if it remains that way.

Studying psychology seriously is a question of good and evil. Are you drawn to intelligence or to self-aggrandizement? The self-aggrandizing try to confuse the issue by taking credit for the products of intelligence, so it's hard to know which.

If you are drawn to intelligence it's your mentorship-compass, and you feel that you just have to study what is too intelligent for you, because you feel lost without acquiring that intelligence. Nothing is more intelligent than to feel lost where everyone disingenuously swears that you should be feeling at home.

So, the above was not saying what it impressed you as saying. It was saying that authority denies that you have life, swearing that life is it's gift to you if you will just follow your leaders.

That's how your leaders put their version of you into your head, where it takes charge, obediently blind to their intent to make you their machine. That you have a life is transient, meaning it only lasts until the leaders have gotten their way. "I don't want to grow up!" is a smart kid, and I generate the science that saves him from it.

Edited by behavioralist

I kind of got to confused half way through and probably don't understand what you're talking about. But, I've really deeply been question "what/who am I" lately. Is that what you're talking about?

I kind of got to confused half way through and probably don't understand what you're talking about. But, I've really deeply been question "what/who am I" lately. Is that what you're talking about?

The trouble with deeply questioning ones own conditioning is that it is the conditioning that questions it.

Conditioning sets parameters that are impossible to escape once there is a self inside these parameters, a self in the head.

It is like going to algebra class after having learned simple daily-applicable math, when you have the option to leave! Why do the "impossible"? ---if you can just walk away from it?

If you want to escape the parameters set for the convenience of everyone intent on beating your time

(are the bullies from the schoolyard always going to have more money than you, for example: pure violence=money? V=$$$)

then you actually have to ask a person or book that is "impossible" for you to understand. You actually have to continue fighting to get it past that guy inside your head, and into the mind-proper, just as you would do if you had to ace algebra and dif calc and dif geo honestly.

• 4 weeks later...

Psychology ..sum it up in three words.. don't try it at home.. don't try it..anywhere. lol

Observation serves to cross the street, so you can learn it by rote. Relationships are either opportunistic, the opportunism being dissembled (disguised as something less scary), or they are "innocent", which only Children together are. It is a traffic problem just the same, but the science of exposing ones exploiters and their exploiters is COMPLICATED. The same Point rules: don't get run over; don't become a cripple; don't get dragged down the pavement on your nose; don't end up counting on drugs and nursemaids to get you through.