Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

bye,bye blink 182

neo cloud 8900

the well known band blink 182 is officially broken up. they have stated that they would like to spend more time with loved ones. but im not really a big fan but it is still sad.

Edited by neo cloud 8900

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• star_child

• whoa182

• Walken

• JackBauer

Good.

They really sucked.

499698[/snapback]

I concur.

btw, I think these mental defective lackwits have broken up more times than KISS and Guns N Roses combined.

I used to like Blink but my tastes have moved on... But I still enjoy the odd Blink song... It's not exactly a great loss to the music world though...

They ruined 2003 for my friend.

She was going to see them in concert, then did. They played for 45 minutes (badly) then just left.

Shows how much they worked for there British fans.

Good albums though.

Good ridance... Now if only the rest of their Pop Punk clones would follow suit.

And neither Kiss or GnR have ever broken up! laugh.gif

Thank God... they may of been one of my guilty pleasures, but I still had immense hatred towards them.... haha

I seen them 3 times in 2004, 2 times in london and 1 in my city Cardiff... Cardiff was 1 of their last shows and their BEST ive ever seen them play live, They were really funny too!

Travis was speaking on the radio the other day, THey are just taking a break and will DEFINITLY be back to make another record, but no date planned.

THey have been touring for over 10 years, I think they deserve a break as they have wives and kids now too!.

But they will be back

Good.

They really sucked.

499698[/snapback]

I concur.

btw, I think these mental defective lackwits have broken up more times than KISS and Guns N Roses combined.

499715[/snapback]

What? wacko.gif

Thats not true

Way to kill the mood.

If you want real music, turn to the sixties and SOME modern music, like Fountains of Wayne.

Good ridance... Now if only the rest of their Pop Punk clones would follow suit.

And neither Kiss or GnR have ever broken up!  laugh.gif

499790[/snapback]

Whats your problem?

Its better to have pop-punk bands on music tv and radio than some crappy boy bands like backstreet boys!

I am into all types of music that have branched off of rock music, Its better to hear live bands that some fake crap!.

Edited by whoa182

I'd rather have boybands than pop punk, because at least the boybands KNOW that they're boybands. Bands like Busted and Blink182 think they're a rock revoloution all over again.

Bands like Fountains of Wayne take music back to its routes. And might I add Mr. Collingwoods undoubtable talent, seeing as he fluently plays Lead Guitar, Drums, Saxaphone, Violin, Chelo, Trumpet, Piano, Base, ect.

Man, what fantastic news!

That really brightens my day!

One less pathetic angst-riddled turd to have to bare with.

Theres a big difference between Busted music and blink music

Have you even listened to All of Blinks music? Or just the singles?

The majority of blinks music is fast Guitar driven energetic music, Punk rock.

Maybe you missed their earlier stuff, I dont know... even on their last album they had more dark and harder tracks

Blink will be back thumbsup.gif

They have been around over 10 years, They deserved to get big because they worked hard for it for years before they even got known around the world.

So Shush lol disgust.gif

Edited by whoa182

Actually, I owned 3 of Blinks album, includeing the most recent one, which many Blink fans dont own.

Blink never impressed me beyond a 3. They represent an age which is now dieing.

And how dare you say they worked hard for it and desevred to get big?! Walken is not amused!

Joc works hard on his music, me and my band work hard, FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE, work hard. None of which are big. They made it because they're pop culture friendly, not because they worked hard.

Ummm... if Fountains of Wayne is the same band that released 'Stacey's Mom', they're not really any better thank Blink. In my opinion.

I agree with what was stated above, that boy bands are less irritating than these pop-punk gutter bands that have been coming out lately. A boy band is aware of it's conformity, pop-punkers aren't. Which makes me just that much more irritated.

Now, I'm looking forward to Good Charlotte and Simple Plan to fall off the face of the earth.

Literally.

And neither Kiss or GnR have ever broken up!  laugh.gif

499790[/snapback]

Whats your problem?

Its better to have pop-punk bands on music tv and radio than some crappy boy bands like backstreet boys!

I am into all types of music that have branched off of rock music, Its better to hear live bands that some fake crap!.

499836[/snapback]

No, it's better to have boy bands who admit being pop, then it is to have boy bands posing as punk bands, who do everything the boy bands do, including kissing MTV's butt on TRL, but think that playing a guitar, having a tattoo, and making fun of Britney Spears, makes them Punk. The name Pop-Punk itself is an abomination, and a slap in the face to what the music of the REAL Punk bands stood for... Blink, and their clones, are as Punk as Bon Jovi, and their clones, were Metal.

Edited by Loaded_Revolver

Yes they are, but if you judge them b y that song your way off, especially since they're mainly an acoustic band. Download prome theme or cant get it out of my head if you dont trust me on that one.

In fact, download any of there songs other than that one and you'll find that your oppinion about FoW is formed with little evidence.

After all, they've had 3 five star albums and FoW is there ONLY single.

You cant judge them on one song. On top of which, its one of their worst.

Simple Pla, Good Charlotte, Busted and Mcfly =Ewwwww......

Dis....I have seen many interviews, and I myself have never seen Blink 82 claim to be non-conformist.

Labelling someone as a punk rock wanna be just because they have a tattoo and a piercing in itself is niave..... I have a piercing, and Im sure I will one day have a tattoo. If I join a band that plays similarly type music to Blink 182 would I be labelled as a wanna be, or is the fact I wanted to look that way, regardless of music and image, not a factor?

Labelling is a dangerous thing. Technically you can label Star Wars...and the Tv show Alf as science fiction if you want to..... Doesn't mean they are the same and should be judged as such.

The thing I hate about bands is that many of them seem to think that they need to have a message, something that they seemingly know better then the common man that they need to put into their music. SOme think that they know so much we should get behind every word they say, and when not taken seriously they get upset...... Blink 182 never went out and told me what to think. They wrote songs they wanted to, and played them..... with a majority of them appealing to their own sense of humour. I wish many people could do what they do for fun, rather then think they should do what's popular......

Have Blink 182 hurt anybody? No. Have they done what they wanted to do? Yes. Are they talented musicians? Certainly not..... But if they are doing what they want, and enjoying themselves.....and their is an audience who embrace it...... How is that a bad thing.

Freedom of choice has been a major issue over the years, if you dont like it...dont listen to it. many people listen to the music around nowdays and say how crap it is, and how music is turning in a bad direction..... Newsflash...My grandparents and many others of that era had the same thing to say about Elvis and The Beatles all those many years ago. That generation never got passed Glenn Miller. My point is that Music changes, but it never dies. You have the choice to listen to what you want to listen to, whichever style and era you choose...you have the freedom of choice to listen to your own interests.....

While I can understand criticism of musicians on the quality of the music (as I stated.... none of Blink 182 are what you call....that good... on their instruments, which is why they fit in to the style so well).... criticising bands on an image and labeling them isnt far removed from prejudice.

I wish I could enjoy myself as much as they have, and have many others share in my enjoyment.

Wow, I didn't like them one bit at all. I still don't have satisfaction that they've broken up, there must be more! Someone pass me the obituaries pls.

Blink, block your ears too.