Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piazza St Peter Geometry

piazza st peter

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 24 September 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is it important that St Peters Square is not even in the Vatican??

According to the theory of this gentleman it would be...  but maybe the pope wanted to enslave the Romans with help of the devil?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

HI GS1,

You might find this of some interest:

Under the Pope's Nose by Robert G. Bauval.

And this...

The Axis and the Heretic by Scott Creighton and Gary Osborn.

The above articles make reference to the geometry of St. Peter's Piazza at the Vatican.

Regards,

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 24 September 2012 - 09:15 PM.

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

#18    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 24 September 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is it important that St Peters Square is not even in the Vatican??

No, not in the least.

#19    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

I think Bauval was correct that the orbit of the earth around the sun is part of the Piazza design. Bernini also designed a medal with an oval shape and a sun at the center. When overlaid on the Piazza with the sun at the same size as the central circle of the Piazza it appears that the two fountains represent the earth at two points in its orbit.

Posted Image

medal image from Visible Spirit The Art of Gianlorenzo Bernini Vol. I Irving Lavin

Posted Image

Edited by GS1, 26 September 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#20    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

I just found something which puts a very interesting slant on this. It's in a YouTube video.

The oval shape of the square matches up perfectly with the length of the sun's shadows cast by the obelisk at various key times of the year. That's why it's oval. Shadows are longer at certain times. The small inner circle, which perfectly fits inside a pentagram, is the length of the shadow on the longest day of the year. The fact that the sun's shadows correspond so precisely with a purely geometric construct as I showed is amazing. Is the Vatican the only place that it works like that? I don't know. I guess it would have to be a place at that latitude.

Interestingly, the road from the square leading eastward is not due East, It's 88.2 degrees. The sun rose at that angle on March 22. I guess they just used March 22 as Easter in those days or something. In Egypt the sun would have been on the "cross" of the equinox and then 3 days later would rise from its tomb.

Edited by GS1, 26 September 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#21    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi GS1,

Personally i would like to see a pink condom on the Vatican Obelisk on World Aids Day like what happened in Buenos Aires, obviously as condoms are not favoured by Popes, ha ha!  Link below:-

https://images.nonex...a-giant-condom/

It would seem that many popes have been using Egyptian alignments to the gods, please read below:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10705808

The date of the Vatican Obelisk is mentioned on link below, being 28th September 1586:-

http://www.lindahall...l/vatican.shtml

On that day in Rome, Egyptian sunrise day marker was chosen, as sun rose, the tip of obelisk was pointing to the middle of the sky and SIRIUS/ISIS, astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3502&mode=view

#22    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

The Inquisition date of constitution is "Licet Ab Initio" on 21st July 1542, a few years later the Jesuits had Final Constitution being "Exposcit Debitum" on 21st July 1550, both these dates will show same alignment in Rome, so i will only show one, links below:-

http://en.wikipedia....ne_of_the_Faith

http://en.wikipedia....xposcit_debitum

I'm a good astronomer, so don't start telling me about Delta T, i know how to apply it!

Interesting, as Sirius rises with the Sun on dates at location in Rome, astronomy graph on link below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3546&mode=view

Christopher Clavius was the main architect of the Gregorian Calendar, he also was a Jesuit, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....stopher_Clavius

I could explain in detail if you wish how Sirius brings in New Year, link below:-

http://earthsky.org/...of-the-new-year

#23    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thanks, ER, I'll check out some of those links when I have time. Of course the weirdest thing about the Vatican is that it was built over a Mithras temple. Maybe the Mithras followers chose a spot at that precise latitude because that's where the sun marked out a perfect ellipse with the shadow of a vertical pole as the year progressed. Seems like quite a coincidence otherwise. Or to be more precise, it traces out the figure of a hexagram/pentagram/3 circles.

Edited by GS1, 29 September 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#24    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi GS1,

Yes i'm interested in Sacred Geometry, however mostly with fractals/phi/golden ratio/fibonacci numbers and mandelbrot set, please scroll down to thread section #110 on page below and then on:-

http://www.unexplain...c=233403&st=105

Artwork included on links.

Sadly i'm searching for some of my own work that has been filed wrongly at the moment, but i will get back to you in time, indeed most renaissance religious catholic orders have alignments to Egyptian stars (Osiris/Isis).   This would include Capuchins, Ursulines, Theatines, Discalced Carmelites, and Barnabites....i have already shown Jesuits, also i can go back further to Dominicans, so is interesting!

#25    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

England and some colonies that includes U.S. at that time, changed over to the Gregorian Calendar on 14th September 1752, the location for switch was London and was applied at midnight, funny isn't it that Alnilam, Centre star of Belt of Orion was rising at location and time, isn't it?  Astronomy graph on link below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3832&mode=view

#26    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Oi oi oi. Pentagrams are nothing, absolutely nothing to do with any magic or satanism. There are no satanists, there never were any satanists. I do not even bother to give that name a capital s because it is all total, utter nonsense. All is a mix of religious propaganda down the years and the madness of late 19th century fools.
And yes, St Peter's Square is NOT part of Vatican State. From above the only symbol is that of a version of the cross, as would be expected infront of a Christan church. I think many of the Popes were simply after money and power, like Julius II. Some were probably not better than common crimminals, various Borgias etc. But it is stretching reality to say any worshipped the non-existant satan. Though it does not stop them worshipping their non-existant god :)

The Obelisk has nothing to do with St Peter's. It was set up as simply an ornament on center of the spina of the Circus Vaticanus. St Peter's was built on the site of a nearby existing pagan burial ground, and I have been into the necropolis under the church to see with my own eyes, because St Paul was buried amongst the pagans. Over time many Christians chose to be buried near him. Never saw any temple of Mithras there.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 29 September 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#27    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 29 September 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

England and some colonies that includes U.S. at that time, changed over to the Gregorian Calendar on 14th September 1752, the location for switch was London and was applied at midnight, funny isn't it that Alnilam, Centre star of Belt of Orion was rising at location and time, isn't it?  Astronomy graph on link below:-

http://2012forum.com...=3832&mode=view

Close, Alnilam rose at 12:49:58 AM. Bellatrix, right shoulder of Orion, rose at 12:00:23 AM. Jupiter; 12:04:05 AM.

#28    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 29 September 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Oi oi oi. Pentagrams are nothing, absolutely nothing to do with any magic or satanism. There are no satanists, there never were any satanists. I do not even bother to give that name a capital s because it is all total, utter nonsense. All is a mix of religious propaganda down the years and the madness of late 19th century fools.
And yes, St Peter's Square is NOT part of Vatican State. From above the only symbol is that of a version of the cross, as would be expected infront of a Christan church. I think many of the Popes were simply after money and power, like Julius II. Some were probably not better than common crimminals, various Borgias etc. But it is stretching reality to say any worshipped the non-existant satan. Though it does not stop them worshipping their non-existant god :)

The Obelisk has nothing to do with St Peter's. It was set up as simply an ornament on center of the spina of the Circus Vaticanus. St Peter's was built on the site of a nearby existing pagan burial ground, and I have been into the necropolis under the church to see with my own eyes, because St Paul was buried amongst the pagans. Over time many Christians chose to be buried near him. Never saw any temple of Mithras there.

I was joking about Satan. Obviously Satan never existed. Get a sense of humour, willya. However, the hexagram and also the pentagram were used in Wicca as magical talismans, which is where the term "hex" came from, and also by the Masons and other secret societies. Presumably, they represent Mercury and Venus, mercury making a hexagram with its solar conjunctions and Venus making a pentagram. Do Christians worship the planets? Venus was Lucifer, the light bringer, the Morning Star. Lucifer is actually called that in the Bible. There is no obvious reason to have either in front of a Christian basilica.

The obelisk is in Vatican City, is it not? What do you consider to be "the Vatican"?

You didn't see a temple of Mithras there? That might be because the Vatican was built over the remains of the Mithras temple. Can't imagine why the Catholic Church wouldn't have signs saying "this way to the Mithras temple", but what can you do?

Edited by GS1, 29 September 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#29    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,474 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

"Wicca" wasn't even invented until the 1950's by one of Crowley's followers.
And that's not where the word "hex" comes from at all.

WORD HISTORY   The word hex is a good example of the sort of borrowing from other languages that occurred in the English-speaking former colonies of Great Britain. German and Swiss immigrants who settled in Pennsylvania in the late 17th and 18th centuries spoke a dialect of German known as Pennsylvania Dutch. In this dialect hexe was the equivalent of the German verb hexen, "to practice sorcery." The English verb hex, first recorded in the sense "to practice witchcraft" in an 1830 work called Annals of Philadelphia, is borrowed from Pennsylvania Dutch, as is the noun.

Read more: http://www.answers.c...x#ixzz27takawdX

It has nothing to do with hexagrams or pentagrams.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 29 September 2012 - 09:18 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#30    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Fine , whatever. Why is there a hexagram and a pentagram out front of St Peter's Basilica? Did Jesus like those figures?

Edited by GS1, 29 September 2012 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users