Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steven King on US Politics

Bella-Angelique

Steven King vents his fury and frustration over the current political situation in the USA involving the wealth gap and taxes of the 1%.

Warns of apocalyptic scenario if the situation is not addressed correctly.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/stephen-king-tax-me-for-f-s-sake.html

I like a man that points out the obvious.

Finally, somebody has the guts to say it!

I want you to go to Stephen King's house, stand outside his gate, and don't leave until you get the whole 50% he owes! :angry:

• Like 1

Finally, somebody has the guts to say it!

I want you to go to Stephen King's house, stand outside his gate, and don't leave until you get the whole 50% he owes! :angry:

50% is a little exteme but he has a point about rich people.

• Like 1

Until all these Liberal blowhards give all but the amount necessary to keep them above the poverty line to the US government I will continue to blissfully disregard their stupid rants.

The government only cares that you pay the MINIMUM you owe, if you want to send them more they will happily accept it, but yet, all of those Hollyweird idiots live in gated communities, ride around in gas-guzzling SUVs and limousines, eat at exclusive rstaurants, and hire teams of accountants to make sure they don't pay one penny more than the absolute minimum.

• Like 1

Until all these Liberal blowhards give all but the amount necessary to keep them above the poverty line to the US government I will continue to blissfully disregard their stupid rants.

The government only cares that you pay the MINIMUM you owe, if you want to send them more they will happily accept it, but yet, all of those Hollyweird idiots live in gated communities, ride around in gas-guzzling SUVs and limousines, eat at exclusive rstaurants, and hire teams of accountants to make sure they don't pay one penny more than the absolute minimum.

Yeah, good point...their point is worthless unless they themselves live in damn near poverty. Curse those liberals and their education!

THIS is why I think FairTax is a great idea.

• Like 1

We have a government that spends and owes more money then we could ever hope to pay, even if they took every single cent from the rich, middle class and the poor. And people are dumb enough to think the problem can be solved by raising the taxes on the rich (who already pay a absurd amount of taxes). Its like putting a bandaid on a tumor. The only way outta this mess is to cut spending in a massive way. The amount of money people pay in taxes isnt the problem. Our government thinking we can provide a blank check for them is the problem.

Edited by preacherman76

We have a government that spends and owes more money then we could ever hope to pay, even if they took every single cent from the rich, middle class and the poor. And people are dumb enough to think the problem can be solved by raising the taxes on the rich (who already pay a absurd amount of taxes). Its like putting a bandaid on a tumor. The only way outta this mess is to cut spending in a massive way. The amount of money people pay in taxes isnt the problem. Our government thinking we can provide a blank check for them is the problem.

The problem is that American really does not care what its debt is. The U.S. spends more on their military than like the next top 5 countries combined. I see the convo going like this...

China: Hey America, we want the money you owe us.

U.S.: Okay...

China: You owe us trillions!

U.S.: Do something about it...

This will not change until there is some type of pressure put on the U.S.

Edited by HuttonEtAl

The fair share crap has never been about fixing the problem because it can't. It's straight up class warfare. Plain and simple. Does anyone here really believe it is anything but? If so, what problem will it fix besides sticking it to the man? Which btw is an absurdly un-American value. Confiscate all the wealthys wealth and a small temporary dent is made in the national debt. What happens after that?

Edited by Is it for real
  • Like 1

Yeah, good point...their point is worthless unless they themselves live in damn near poverty. Curse those liberals and their education!

It's not their "education" that;s the problem, it's their hypocrisy and sense of entitlement.

• Like 1

It's not their "education" that;s the problem, it's their hypocrisy and sense of entitlement.

You sir, have a sense of entitlement defined by hypocrisy...

The problem is that American really does not care what its debt is. The U.S. spends more on their military than like the next top 5 countries combined. I see the convo going like this...

Actually the conversation has been going like this for the last 70 years.

World: "U.S., we have been blissfully ignoring the danger building around us and now are incapable of defending ourselves."

U.S.: "Here let me lend you equipment and funds so you can."

World: "Thank you, U.S.!"

World: "Hey, U.S. can you please forgive the debt? We need to reconstruct."

U.S.: "OK, we want democracy to succeed so we will do this."

World: "Hey, U.S. can you fund the majority of an organization which will serve to bring democracy to the world?"

U.S.: "Sure, I will even provide a headquarters building in New York!"

World: "Hey, U.S. you know all that damage you caused while getting our butts out of the sling we put it in? Well, you need to pay up for that!"

Sometime soon I hope we will finally say, "Hey, world, here's the bill for policing your messes for the last 70 years... and oh, yeah, you have 24 hours to vacate New York."

You sir, have a sense of entitlement defined by hypocrisy...

:lol:

Give me a break.

Actually the conversation has been going like this for the last 70 years.

World: "U.S., we have been blissfully ignoring the danger building around us and now are incapable of defending ourselves."

U.S.: "Here let me lend you equipment and funds so you can."

World: "Thank you, U.S.!"

World: "Hey, U.S. can you please forgive the debt? We need to reconstruct."

U.S.: "OK, we want democracy to succeed so we will do this."

World: "Hey, U.S. can you fund the majority of an organization which will serve to bring democracy to the world?"

U.S.: "Sure, I will even provide a headquarters building in New York!"

World: "Hey, U.S. you know all that damage you caused while getting our butts out of the sling we put it in? Well, you need to pay up for that!"

Sometime soon I hope we will finally say, "Hey, world, here's the bill for policing your messes for the last 70 years... and oh, yeah, you have 24 hours to vacate New York."

:lol:

Give me a break.

You do a good job of turning the argument into something else. Why do you think for one second that I support funding other countries war debts, or that I even agree with the philosophy of the U.S. government? If you think I feel democracy is superior, you know nothing about me.

Continue to laugh. Check out my response to you in my blog post. You think you are brilliant, you are not. You know nothing about the majority of the people in this country or this world, but you have all of the answers. I mean you reject evolution, which is a scientific fact. I strongly question your ability to reason through something because to deny evolution is to deny the fact that the earth revolves around the sun. I mean I have never personally seen it happen, but I accept the evidence…

Edited by HuttonEtAl

You do a good job of turning the argument into something else. Why do you think for one second that I support funding other countries war debts, or that I even agree with the philosophy of the U.S. government? If you think I feel democracy is superior, you know nothing about me.

Continue to laugh. Check out my response to you in my blog post. You think you are brilliant, you are not. You know nothing about the majority of the people in this country or this world, but you have all of the answers. I mean you reject evolution, which is a scientific fact. I strongly question your ability to reason through something because to deny evolution is to deny the fact that the earth revolves around the sun. I mean I have never personally seen it happen, but I accept the evidence…

Ahh, ad hominem: "A debater commits the Ad Hominem Fallacy when he introduces irrelevant personal premisses about his opponent. Such red herrings may successfully distract the opponent or the audience from the topic of the debate."

I made no suggestion regarding your feelings about democracy, your blog makes it palin you believe a strong government with powerless victims for citizens is the way to go.

I understand that it's significantly easier to attempt to disparage my intellect or reasoning abilities than it is to develop a logical counterargument.

Enjoy your fantasy.

Ahh, ad hominem: "A debater commits the Ad Hominem Fallacy when he introduces irrelevant personal premisses about his opponent. Such red herrings may successfully distract the opponent or the audience from the topic of the debate."

I made no suggestion regarding your feelings about democracy, your blog makes it palin you believe a strong government with powerless victims for citizens is the way to go.

I understand that it's significantly easier to attempt to disparage my intellect or reasoning abilities than it is to develop a logical counterargument.

Enjoy your fantasy.

Lol, I am impressed with the logical fallacies…You are taking a note out of the atheist’s book. You think I know nothing about you but, as BM learned, we have PMed in the past. I know more about you than you think. You think my comment has no relevance but I would argue it does. Your promoted belief (as expressed in your quote, and our personal discussions,) leads me to strong question your ability to understand philosophical logic and science. You can point out logical fallacies but if your logic is flawed, your claims of logical fallacies do not stand up and I think that is key to our debate.

Why should I develop a logical counterargument? I agree with you…did you not read?

Why do you think for one second that I support funding other countries war debts, or that I even agree with the philosophy of the U.S. government?

I agree that we should not be funding or supporting those things. The point is that your point has nothing to do with my original point, which is “we have a stronger military, so **** you.” Explain to me why I need a counterargument if I agree? Maybe you should make an argument instead of pointing out alleged logical fallacies…

Even if Stephen King pays more though, how does that help people in lower income brackets? It doesn't ease the tax burden. The government will just keep taking what it took before from lower income brackets, and take more from Stephen King. And then where does it go? Lost in a bottomless pit of bureacracy.

A better solution would be for Stephen King to just hand out money to people who are having trouble paying their taxes. Maybe the Santa Claus guy can start a sponsorship program, for the price of a cup of coffee, you can help someone pay their taxes.

To the average observer it would appear you are correct. It seems that the government just doesnt care how much debt we get into. Im affraid thier intentions are much more insidious then that though. This is a controled economic demolition. Its meant to weaken the economy to the point where other nations abandon the dollar as the reserve currency, and bring us into a horrible global depression. Then they will consolidate all economic power to the IMF, and create a global currency, and present it to us as the answer to our starvation. By then we will let them do what ever they want if it means we get to eat again.

• Like 1

nothing more annoying than a cross over celebrity/politician

you write books, go do that.

• Like 1

Oh man this is so good, and imo so true...