Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

I keep seeing orbs

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,021 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostCoolTeenNC, on 19 September 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Why are you even on here? It is obvious we have views so different and of course I believe I am 100 percent right and you believe you are 100 percent right since you politely put down my faith in God and told me my sightings are dust which somehow appear on camera, which is possible, and with my eyes, which I have never heard of before. Please dont call me son either because it sound like you are saying you have more knowledge and experience than me which I believe you dont. People like you commenting is just a way of causing anger which I wont stand for. I am open minded, but only to other open minded people. Of course you never said you were open minded, but if your not, why be on here?

Are you always so rude to people like this? You're 18 years old for goodness' sake! How could you possibly believe you have more knowledge or experience than anyone here? A better question is not why JGirl is on here, but why you are on here. We're all members here for a variety of reasons. I don't think it's wise for  you, a brand new member, to question why someone who has been here far longer why they are here.

And setting aside all else, your final statement in your OP would put me off everything about you.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#17    CoolTeenNC

CoolTeenNC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I didnt read single post that had anything to do with my above debate at the beginning, I skimmed two and realized it was a pointless stupid argument which I know I handled correctly and was correct as with what I was saying, so the rest of you good bye. To the others who posted about my situation Thank You. I read and will do further research of my own. And no the spec is exactly how I see them with my eyes and they were Huge orbs at the time I got my eyes checked and the doctor said I was fine.

#18    CoolTeenNC

CoolTeenNC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Also at my now dead great grandmas house where all the dreams take place, my family took pictures of an orb going up and down a hill beside the house. I believe it was blue. If this is an Angel, why do Angels hang around abandoned houses and stuff?

#19    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I didnt read single post that had anything to do with my above debate at the beginning, I skimmed two and realized it was a pointless stupid argument which I know I handled correctly and was correct as with what I was saying, so the rest of you good bye.

this is just a lot of nonsense at this point.
not to mention that you have a serious problem with communication skills.
i'm willing to bet we don't see much  more of you in these forums, so goodbye to you

#20    CoolTeenNC

CoolTeenNC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 AM

How insignificant was that Jgirl? I had already ended our "conversation", yet you felt the urge to get the last word. Im glad you said goodbye because I dont appreciate you jumping in biased to a conversation you werent involved in. I understand this is an open blog but the most you should do is comment on the threads topic, when you step in and say stuff for others who can defend on their own, it turns the thread into something its not and becomes a waste of space. You said your last words here and lets keep it that way. Goodbye to you too

#21    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,265 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostCoolTeenNC, on 20 September 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

I didnt read single post that had anything to do with my above debate at the beginning, I skimmed two and realized it was a pointless stupid argument which I know I handled correctly and was correct as with what I was saying, so the rest of you good bye. To the others who posted about my situation Thank You. I read and will do further research of my own. And no the spec is exactly how I see them with my eyes and they were Huge orbs at the time I got my eyes checked and the doctor said I was fine.

You know the saying "seeing is believing"? Uh-huh. To be fair, some of these kinds of stories sound absolutely unbelievable, even to me, even my own stories. I used to engage in quite a bit of eye rolling, and more than a little skepticism, until I had some experiences of my own, and met people who who had the same kinds of things happen, and even some close, old friends who had some confessions of their own after I opened up and shared my experiences. It's an amazing, wonderful, intricate world with live in, layers upon layers of different realities. Someone else's reality, thought it be different than mine, is just as valid for them as mine is for me.

#22    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostCoolTeenNC, on 21 September 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

How insignificant was that Jgirl? I had already ended our "conversation", yet you felt the urge to get the last word. Im glad you said goodbye because I dont appreciate you jumping in biased to a conversation you werent involved in. I understand this is an open blog but the most you should do is comment on the threads topic, when you step in and say stuff for others who can defend on their own, it turns the thread into something its not and becomes a waste of space. You said your last words here and lets keep it that way. Goodbye to you too
you don't have much experience in discussion forums obviously. when you make a thread such as this one you are going to get a very large cross section of people with their own ideas about the topic on hand. so you don't like what people are saying, that's too bad for you. you don't get to decide who posts and who doesn't. no one was rude to you and no one bashed your beliefs.
you chose to see it that way. you chose to disregard and negate anyone who doesn't agree with your fantasy.
so be it.
what i posted was well within the topic - you just didn't understand it, just like you still do not.
ps i will post where i please when i please and you really don't have much to say about it either way. you can always put me on ignore if you don't want to see what i have to say.

#23    Blue Star

Blue Star

Telekinetic

• 7,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

firstly, it's OK....These orbs are not dust particles as some have described but I think you know that don't you?
I know exactly what you are seeing, as I see them myself. It's really not worth arguing the toss with the blind, really.
The blue ones do seem to be the most prevalent to my vision too but I have seen every colour, form and hue in the spectrum...I have still not drawn any firm conclusions as to what exactly they are.
Having said that, they do seem to be in line with seeing the aura and the vision spectrum of seeing the aura as sometimes they are inside ones own aura, sometimes within others auras and some, most if I am honest seem to just live in the in between so called unseen worlds, atmosphere, realms, planes. Some of us are able to see a wider spectrum than others. They are not anything weird unless that is you are not used to them but it sounds like you are.
You are not alone in seeing them as someone previously has stated. They are common place to people like you and me. There really are lots of us out here who can see what most can not....or refuse to acknowledge.
So,
Breathe, it really is OK. :tu:
You've had your eyes tested so you know your retina is in tacked and there's nothing wrong there.
Good. Now how else may I help?

Edited by Blue Star, 21 September 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#24    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostBlue Star, on 21 September 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

You've had your eyes tested so you know your retina is in tacked and there's nothing wrong there.
Good. Now how else may I help?

Thats excellent advice but I had to read the last sentence several times.
You must mean...
"...your retina is intact"   :whistle:

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#25    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,265 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm with Blue Star on this one. If the universe is multi-dimensional as quantum physicists are starting to believe, would those dimensions be as full of life as this one or empty? I haven't always seen this kind of phenomena, but all at once, in a matter of a day, everything opened up for me, or I opened up to it, not sure which. My kids have the same capabilities, and granddkids, so maybe it's a genetic thing; whatever causes it or allows it to happen, I suspect there's a physical component to is, like how respiration & brain waves changes during deep meditation. I don't think any of this is necessarily spiritual in nature as much as physical.

#26    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Orbs are retroreflections from a light source and a lens at the same point of origin.  The advent of the digital camera (especially considering automatic built-in flashes) has caused the epidemic of orb sightings.

When I was five years old I started seeing floaters on my ceiling for the first time, which I called "cells".   It took about a year for my family to figure out what in the world I was talking about.   I actually believed for months that I had a special talent nobody else did.   Now that I've had Lasik, I see "halos" but I don't feel any holier about it.  ;)

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#27    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,265 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

I don't feel any holier than anyone, let alone thou, but I've been out in the jungle at night and watched balls of light in different sizes, move around, from the ground level up to the tree tops.(With my eyes, not a camera.) They're considered a natural phenomena in the island culture I was a part of; the indigenous people were just surprised that a non-native like me could see them. Here, tell someone you've seen an orb and people go into overdrive trying to invalidate the experience. It's the difference between two cultures, I guess, and having lived there 6 years, I have a foot in both places. If you want a paradigm shift, try crossing cultures.

#28    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,095 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostBeany, on 22 September 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I don't feel any holier than anyone, let alone thou, but I've been out in the jungle at night and watched balls of light in different sizes, move around, from the ground level up to the tree tops.(With my eyes, not a camera.) They're considered a natural phenomena in the island culture I was a part of; the indigenous people were just surprised that a non-native like me could see them. Here, tell someone you've seen an orb and people go into overdrive trying to invalidate the experience. It's the difference between two cultures, I guess, and having lived there 6 years, I have a foot in both places. If you want a paradigm shift, try crossing cultures.

So this is a frequent phenomena?  Is there some reason why you wouldn't like to try to see if there is an explanation?

I am politely asking that before I start making some suggestions on how you could go about doing that.. :D

I note you used the words:

people go into overdrive trying to invalidate the experience
Invalidate it???  In what way did they do that?  Were they rude or insensitive? (If so why would you entertain their opinions?)  Or would just asking questions about it and/or trying to investigate it, in some way invalidate it?  I'm intrigued as to the mechanism by which that happens.

Wouldn't it be in your interest (and the readers) if the known phenomena, like out-of-focus lit up dust particles (that applies to both camera and eye by the way), fireflies, sparks from a  fire, etc were discussed and perhaps ruled out, and that some evidence of it be collected and presented?

Just FTR, I've spent significant periods living with indigenous folk of similar cultures and beliefs...  more about that later as necessary - let's just say you might be surprised as to what direction I am coming from..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#29    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Great, another rude weirdo...

Don't worry about these 'orbs' you are apparently seeing (most likely eye floaters or dusty eyes), worry about your attitude, and fix it.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#30    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,081 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size.  I have seen these while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.  However, in contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media.  As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect in either the eye or the optic nerve.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users