Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Great Pyramid Coffer Dimensions Solved

great pyramid coffer

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,214 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

View PostHarte, on 26 August 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

As long as the chains stayed near the same temperature during the drawing, that wouldn't matter.

Harte

In the survey across India the chains used by the surveyor were kept under thatched roofs so that the chains could not change length while the survey work was in progress. So a long measurement meant first constructing a long thatched covering.

http://en.wikipedia....nometric_Survey

#32    Bennu

Bennu

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

View Poststereologist, on 26 August 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

Harte's method introduces a square root without purposely trying to create a square root.

I think the other possible square roots are chance. If the AE were building to 4 digits of precision then you'd think that the possible square roots would be to 4 digits as well.

If the AE were into pi then they should have it close than the approximation of 22/7.

It IS closer than 22/7, which would mean a height of 280 and sides of 440. The sides aren't 440 though. They're almost exactly the theoretical length for a perfect 280 cubit high pi pyramid, which would be 439.82 cubits. If they were 440 cubits I would accept that it was a simple 22/7 pyramid, but they're not. Therefore, I have no choice but to accept that it's a pi pyramid.

Also, we know that they did use ropes for marking things out on the ground. For a right angle they would use a rope with knots on it marking 12 equal intervals, thereby allowing them to have three people hold the appropriate knots to make it into a 3,4,5 triangle.

Edited by Bennu, 26 August 2014 - 10:52 PM.

Also tagged with great pyramid, coffer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users