Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

[Merged] Abortion and beliefs

atheist pro live abortion rights of the unborn

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#46    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

If you keep using an anti abortion site as your primary documentation, the less you should trust it's content. Abortion is a fact, there are plenty of environmental causal relationships to breast cancer I highly doubt abortion is any more a risk than other cause.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#47    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

why do you need two threads for one topic?

#48    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 26 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

most women go to great lengths to ensure that their own abortion remains a secret. Why is this so?
because quite frankly it's none of your business (or anyone else's for that matter)
there is no reason to believe that it's from guilt or shame. it bothers you a lot that women have this right obviously

#49    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

EternalSeer

• 4,092 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Women don't want to talk about it because it does traumatize them. Sure, they could've kept the child and given it up to adoption, but that would hurt as well. It really depends on the person, but the girls I've known won't talk about because they feel guilt over the loss of the child-even though they aborted it. It's a tragic experience. One lady I know still counts how old her child would be if she would've kept it.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#50    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I trust women to make their own decisions about abortion, not the federal government. And I have seen little, if any, dialogue, about prevention, which would be much more productive. Here are some statistics: In 2009, adolescents under 15 years obtained .05% of all abortions, but had the highest abortion ratio, 785 abortions for every 1,000 live births (CDC). In 2009, 85% of all abortions were performed on unmarried women (CDC). 54% of women having abortions used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Abortion is almost never the first choice, but sometimes, emotionally & economically, it seems to be the only viable choice. So here's the deal. Here in the US we want to reduce welfare benefits & the number of people receiving them which is almost overwhelmingly women & children, in fact, some despise welfare recipients, then we want to force them to have an unplanned/unwanted child without providing the mothers with the help they need, and we don't want to address equal pay so that these women could better afford to take care of their children, or see that they have health insurance, sheesh, the list goes on. As far as I know, Mr. Walker is the only one who has spent time & money helping care for pregnant mothers and their babies; we would be a better country all the way around if we emulated him.

#51    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Sorry Dohle, this feels like a whole anti abortion brainwashing scam. The one thing you need to remember is it's HER body and you need to keep your nose out of HER business. So, unless you want to adopt the child or fund it's education and buy it food,clothing and pay for the medical bills, stay out of it.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#52    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

There's no medical risks involved, the only risk is being ostracized by church fanatics and being **** shamed(why she hides it). Stop preaching this insane theory that abortion clinics are evil and suck out live babies and just throw them away. You're trying to take away women's rights, it's not your choice.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#53    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,800 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postmarkdohle, on 26 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

No matter what anyone believes about abortion in theory, no matter how adamantly a woman argues for abortion rights in public, most women go to great lengths to ensure that their own abortion remains a secret. Why is this so?
Perhaps it is because of people like you?

#54    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 27 November 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

Sorry Dohle, this feels like a whole anti abortion brainwashing scam. The one thing you need to remember is it's HER body and you need to keep your nose out of HER business. So, unless you want to adopt the child or fund it's education and buy it food,clothing and pay for the medical bills, stay out of it.
not to mention carry it and give birth to it

#55    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

FYI:
Excellent information on the US abortion issue and laws and state bans. Also abortion statistics and viability and what "danger to a women's health" means. This is not a Pro life site.

http://www.guttmache...s/spib_PLTA.pdf

http://www.guttmache.../6/gr010606.pdf

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#56    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostJGirl, on 27 November 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

why do you need two threads for one topic?

Actually it is three threads  on the same topic of abortion  .. This one, the Canada one, and this - http://www.unexplain...wtopic=238269   All about abortions

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 27 November 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#57    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,586 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

What do you want to do, brand them on their for head.  Everyone has a right to medical privacy.  This is an attack on women pure and simple, IMO.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#58    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I never knew  ( or heard of ) woman getting addicted to having abortions..  Until I read this..

American 'abortion addict' reveals she terminated 15 pregnancies in 17 years

A woman has admitted to being 'an abortion addict' after having 15 terminations over 17 years.
Irene Vilar said she had the abortions not from poverty or fear but as an extraordinary act of rebellion against her 'controlling' husband who did not want children.

In the beginning I was taking pills and I'd skip a day or two or give up one month,' she said in a television interview. 'I'd think I'll be better next time.
'But slowly, my days took on a balancing act and there was a specific high. I would get my period and be sad, then discover I was pregnant, being afraid, yet also so excited.'
She claimed she had the abortions so her husband wouldn't leave her although she failed to reveal whether he knew of the terminations.

Of course, this did not mean I wanted to do it again and again,' she said. 'A druggie also wants to stop every time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2DQRNTHX1

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 27 November 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#59    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,985 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

There's no medical risks involved, the only risk is being ostracized by church fanatics and being **** shamed(why she hides it). Stop preaching this insane theory that abortion clinics are evil and suck out live babies and just throw them away. You're trying to take away women's rights, it's not your choice.

I am not for the current law being resinded, it would only endanger women more.  However, abortions clincs are in it for the money.  Those who work there for a long time become hardened and lots of abuse does happen.  What bothers me is how people don't want to look at it.

Peace
Mark

#60    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,985 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 27 November 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

What do you want to do, brand them on their for head.  Everyone has a right to medical privacy.  This is an attack on women pure and simple, IMO.

Like I said, I deal with women who have had abortions.  Many had them over 30 years ago and are still suffering for the choice that they made.  Often forced into it by men who do not want to take any kind of responslibility for their actions.  It is again men who get the most benefit out of this law, many women carry the burden all the days of their lives.  I am not in branding, but into helping and healing.  We can adjust to anything, things will get worse, and we will adjust.  Until it is too late and they they come for you because you are old, in the way or a bother...you will have no say.

peace
mark

View PostZaraKitty, on 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Don't be silly, of course their are risk, there are for any medical prodecure.

peace
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users