Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young Mom Puts 2 Year Old In Dryer

BiffSplitkins

A 17-year-old mother is accused of turning on a clothes dryer while her two-year-old was inside. Another resident pulled the boy out.

The child's mother is Jasmine Brown. She was taken to the Monroe County Jail. Her bail is set at $50,000.

READ MORE

• Like 3

Well she need to mother of the year award. NOT. What in the hell was thinking about if she was thinking. Some people don't need to be parents.

• Like 3

Well she need to mother of the year award. NOT. What in the hell was thinking about if she was thinking. Some people don't need to be parents.

Some people should not be allowed to breed.

• Like 6

This is why kids shouldn't be having kids. They aren't ready for the responsibility. Which this one may never be.

• Like 6

This is why kids shouldn't be having kids. They aren't ready for the responsibility. Which this one may never be.

Unfortunately, it's not just 'kids' having kids that I worry about.

I think the government should offer anyone willing to get sterilized $1,000 each. That would eventually cut down on the stupid population.

• Like 3

This is a perfect example on why some people should be sterilized.. She should be subjected to the same treatment.

• Like 1

What in the hell was thinking about if she was thinking.

The problem is, she wasn't thinking.

• Like 2

The saddest thing here is that this young woman (if she wasn't high) probably didn't even realize the danger. I hope this child is placed in a loving home.

• Like 1

Wanting to control reproductive abilities of others as an opinion held by males is rather disgusting. A thousand dollars as an incentive is still manipulation.

Wow!Yeah sterilization is a much needed tool now days!Maybe she was just so dumb she saw an old episode of beavis and butthead where they got in a dryer and thought it would be good entertainment :whistle:

• Like 1

Wanting to control reproductive abilities of others as an opinion held by males is rather disgusting. A thousand dollars as an incentive is still manipulation.

Not anymore disgusting than what most of these moronic "parents" subject their children to throughout their lives!Not anymore disgusting than people not being responsible enough not to get pregnant in the first place,then pay a few bucks to commit murder under the disguise as a womans right to choose!No sterilization should be an option for the gov to use on the people they raise and feed.Just my opinion

• Like 3

Yes right.. Poor misunderstood young mother.. it was probably the babies fault.

She is nothing but pond life, she doesnt deserve the title of mother, let alone the option to have children.

• Like 3

I'm very much a woman and I agree with what they said. I just didn't feel the need to echo it a fourth or fifth time. Parenting abilities are already controlled by the government when they decide who can adopt and who cannot.

• Like 3

But WHY that's what I want to know. Was she aware of it? She looks like she could have a meth problem.

• Like 2

She was in the The St. Joseph's Villa Teen Mother and Infant/Toddler Program group home when it happened.

Becoming a Lay Guardian Ad Litem might change your mind.

Based on the number of children you produce...offering more food stamps, a better free place to live and free medical as an incentive isn't manipulation??? :unsure2:

• Like 3

In the mother's defence, he was filthy and no amount of scrubbing could remove the dirt.

• Like 2

The title is misleading.

She didn't put the child inside herself, she allowed him to climb inside then she turned it on.

However it matters not whether it was on for 'less than 30 seconds' or not. The boy could've been seriously injured and it is her responsibility to make sure he is safe before turning on the machine.

When you are a parent, you cannot afford to make 'mistakes' like she did. It isn't something that can be laughed off or dismissed with flippant comments (not referring to anyone here, just in general).

A few seconds of ignorance and inattentiveness can spell a lifetime of consequences...or a loss of a life...

• Like 1

Very true, Ryu. :(

I'll ground myself for the whole weekend as punishment and I promise not to be flippant ever again.

Very true, Ryu. :(

I'll ground myself for the whole weekend as punishment and I promise not to be flippant ever again.

Oh..I am sorry, I really wasn't intending to say anything about you so if I upset you that wasn't my intention. :blush:

What I meant was that some people that comment on news sites either say something totally vicious or they make jokes about the situation..maybe for some it is a way to mask their anger.

At any rate the mother needs to learn about being responsible and she should be glad someone was watching out for her child...maybe she was tired or something but still....a lesson is to be learned. Make sure your little one is where you can see them before you operate machinery of any sort.

• Like 1

Jail guards:

Hey lady, now that youve taken your shower, we don't use towels anymore. Please crawl into this dryer.

Don't worry. We'll through in an anti-static sheet for you.

What a stupid thing to do,when i was a kid i use to hide in the dryer

1010.jpg
  • Like 1