Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If I died tomorrow....

Sakari

Not sure if this is the correct section, and not sure why I am sitting here thinking about this....

Ok, does not matter if you are religious, or not....Believe, or not....

If you were to die tomorrow, could you say you are happy with how you lived your life?......Happy with how your loved ones ( anyone for that matter ) saw you last?

Just something for all of us to think about with decisions and conversations we make / have on a daily basis....... :tu:

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

No. At this current point in life I couldn't say I lived how I wanted too. Mainly cause I'm just getting into the age where the oppurtunity's come along to try and archieve what I always wanted.

Ask me again 10 years and I'm sure I will have succeeded, and I'll be happy.

I think I'd be disappointed whenever I die, I'm too much of a dreamer of tomorrows.

I am perfectly happy to die this very instant. Not that I want to...I certainly do not. But, Death is part of Life...they are inseparable. We are always 1/2 a breath away from death. Live life today as if it were your last day on Earth...live every moment as if it were your last moment on Earth.

Love yourself. Above all else...love yourself.

• Like 2

No I can't say my life was happy, when I was young,DAD"OR should I say sperm doner" was a DRUNK and Beat me when ever he was drinking.moved out and on my own at 15 with no place to live.Joined the millitary at 18,Killed my first man at 19,saw the gulf war in 91,killed more than my share,Funny how one can sleep at night after that.wa shonorably Discharged due to Diabeties,I wanted to be a lifer,Diabeties is killing me and I'm trying to fight it.Yes there were a lot of good times but the bad outweigh the good.Actually I am ready for death,I'm tired,cant hear as good as i did,eye sight starting to go,and my anger is off the charts but I keep it under controll with Paxil C R,Yes I think I'm ready,My kids are grown and are going to college and are happy,When I do go I know they will be in good hands.Im just tired of this life.

Not sure if this is the correct section, and not sure why I am sitting here thinking about this....

Ok, does not matter if you are religious, or not....Believe, or not....

If you were to die tomorrow, could you say you are happy with how you lived your life?......Happy with how your loved ones ( anyone for that matter ) saw you last?

Just something for all of us to think about with decisions and conversations we make / have on a daily basis....... :tu:

at this point in my life i could say yes.

Yes, I think I would be content. I am ok with dying at any time as I believe that fate has already predetermined the time of death, so there is no point in fighting your destiny.

Good advice! Thank you.

Over all I guess I did all right. You always have things in hindsight you would have done different, but there is no point in worrying about things you can't change. Smiling and waving good bye is cool. I don't think about Grandma on her death bed, I think about how she would stand at the door and wave as we pulled out of the driveway.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 1

A resounding yes. I've made mistakes - corrected some, others I can't. I just turned 44 this past weekend and I have to honestly say I am enjoying life more now than at any point. I am debt free and make more than enough money to satisfy my needs. I have no girlfriend, and although I am lonely at times, I really don't want one right now (I enjoy being alone a lot of the time). I am extremely happy in both of my jobs (work IT at a university and teach college part time at night). I have friends that have stuck by my side in rough times (and I through theirs). I have a family that loves and supports me (although they call me weird). If I were to die to today I would stand before God/Jesus and simply say, "Thank you for giving me that time on Earth. I loved. I lived. I learned."

One of the reasons people think I'm weird is that I actually look forward to death. Not that I'm going to take my own life or anything like that, but I do look forward to it. There will be no more bills, no more work, no more stress, no more anger, no more of anything negative. There will only be peace, happiness and contentment. I get to hang out with my friends and family that have gone on before me not to mention the Big G and J (God and Jesus in case you couldn't figure it out). Plus I know that perhaps in a couple hundred years, maybe some of my friends and I will come back and do something different.

A resounding yes for me. I would be terribly dissapointed that I did not get to see my kids grow up, but other than that I live and have lived a magical life.

I have been blessed in so many ways it's rediculouse. I am maried to a woman that is half philipina half Spanish. She is absolutely the image of my dream girl. Long black hair, pateite but athletic frame, Spanish mouth with an Asian and islander face. She runs marathons and after blessing me with 3 heathy active boys, she is more beuatifiul than when we met. oh and intelligence??? She works for Intel :)

I own a business that I have designed to give me freedom when I want it. I opened it right out of college when I was 23 It was successful within 6 months of opening 10 years ago and is more than a business. It's way of life.. I actually only work about 20 hours a week in the evenings. I get to volunteer at my kids schools , and I don't do anything at all ( work wise) two days a week. I spend a lot of that time perfecting my permaculture garden, training, or screwing around on my iPhone ( mostly on um).

I have acomished so many of the things I have set out to do, I have hunted bear with a bow and arrow, I have been a world champion, competed on international levels, I have trained world champions, completed weeks of solitary wilderness travel, and have pretty much crossed most things off my bucet list. Even my spiritual life is complete.

My final goal in life is to raise my boys to be strong thoughtful and free men. And I think my next adventure is to become a consultant on permaculture and sustainability. I worry about future generations and I am confident my children will have the skills to navigate the changeing and dangerous world of the future, but I have to at least try move it to do something.

If I make my final journey to the spirit world today I am completely content that I lived a good life, I would just be terrible disappointed that I did not finish my most important role as a father.

I find as I grow older I become happier with how I see myself and less concerned with what others see or claim to see. When you filter through other people's opinions and views you find more and more that they are designed to ensure you play by their rules for their benefit - not being cynical, I like people and enjoy their company and thoughts but in our youth we tend to hang in packs that resemble "birds of a feather", who we are is defined by our groups, later in life - who we are is defined by ourselves.

Not sure if I'd be content to die tomorrow, still so much to explore and learn. But then I can't imagine one lifetime encompassing all the things I wish to see and know so I can say what I have so far has had it's bitter and sweet moments and I'm good with that, content even.

• Like 1

sure is a nice topic, i always wanted to play piano,

even after i die, i would haunt music schools and learn it

but family and friends...... i am grateful for my family

unfortunately i can't say this about my friends.

but i wouldn't die just yet, i still have a lot to discover, still haven't been in Japan

so i wouldn't be truly disappointed but i couldn't say that i would be happy either.......

There are two elements to this. First the past. i have no regrets about the past Ive lived life as I chose to, had a lot of fun and happiness, but mostly lived in all things with an absolutely clear conscience. So; no guilt, no grief, no worries.

But I would/will, miss the future. Sounds a bit silly at 61, but Ive always been more interested in the future than the past. I can know and study the past with a fair degree of accuracy, but i have to live the future to experience and know it. So even if i live to 101 I wiil still regret missing what comes next.

Luckily there is a lot of great factual scientific extrapolation and excellent science based science fiction, being written about our likely future, so I read all of that which I can.

Ps when I was a teenager i wrote a long list of all the things I wanted to do before i died. I' d completed that list by the time i was 30, and wrote a longer one. By 50 I 'd done all these things too, with the exception of having children. Now i just grab opportunities for growth, learning and development, as they come along. One challenge this year has been teaching chinese to year 8 s. (13 year olds) I didnt know a word of chinese when i started, but with the help of an open access teacher who does, and modern technology, we are making slow progress.

I am also doing a cognitive therapy programme with the australian national university.

Edited by Mr Walker

Yeah I'm quite content with my life with what I did so far. I'd only regret leaving life before I could accomplish some of the things I wanted to do oh and not seeing what will happen will bite me on the rear as well. Always been too curious for my own good, and the future is one thing that makes me curious.

If you were to die tomorrow, could you say you are happy with how you lived your life?

I really do not think of my life in those terms. I just don't care so long as I haven't harmed anyone then I don't care about how "happy" I am supposed to be. Death is death, it doesn't discriminate against anyone.

I find as I grow older I become happier with how I see myself and less concerned with what others see or claim to see...

Me too, I am far less concerned about what other people think of me(if it's in a negative, pushy sense and I had done nothing wrong)

When I was younger, I was way too sensitive as to how other's perceived me(speaking only for myself)

Now, as long as I act decent, I don't care!!!! What a relief from my earlier years.

I do wish I could have accomplished more in my life, but I have not, and am growing much more content with that as I reach a potential end-of-life.

• Like 1

I'm okay with it and I'll be on a new plane of existence anyway. :su