Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 10 Wackiest Conspiracy Theories

Hazzard

An oddball, crackpot, Woo Woo or kook, yes its i the dictionary, is someone who has a position on reality/science/society/individuals that is humorous and, most importantly, completely ridiculous.

They usually hold some belief which the vast majority of his contemporaries would consider counterfactual,

clings to this belief in the face of all counterarguments or evidence presented to him.

Here is a checklist intended to diagnose the Crank before they, you, get borderline.

1.Cranks vastly overestimate their own knowledge and ability, and vastly underestimate that of acknowledged experts.

2.Cranks insist that their alleged discoveries are urgently important.

3.Cranks rarely if ever acknowledge any error, no matter how trivial.

4.Cranks love to talk about their own beliefs, often in inappropriate social situations, but they tend to be very, very bad listeners, and often appear to be utterly uninterested in anyone else's experience or opinions.

Seems familiar ?

OK ! How many do you believe in?

Top 10 Wackiest Conspiracy Theories.

http://www.2spare.com/item_43133.aspx

Edited by hazzard

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovelynice

• Space Commander Travis

• Unlimited

• TK0001

how many do you believe hazzard?....is this meant to be serious?...

Yes, this is serious.

Believe it or not, there are people out there that believe in one, or God forbid two or more, of these silly theories.

Edited by hazzard

Believe it or not, there are people out there that believe in one, or God forbid two or more, of these silly theories.

So would it be fair to say you don't believe any of the 10 theories presented has any merit?

So would it be fair to say you don't believe any of the 10 theories presented has any merit?

I'd say so.

I like the one about KFC making black men impotent. It's nice to see a conspiracy theory that isn't trying to hide its hard-core racism.

--Jaylemurph

Yes, all these CT are silly.

I agree. I'm also a little bewildered that JFK, the death of Lady Diana and absurd notion that God exists don't rank amongst the top ten wacky conspiracy theories.

I agree that all of these theories are ridiculous.

Did n't we actually have some threads about the reptilian overlords?

Edited by Affliction

I agree. I'm also a little bewildered that JFK, the death of Lady Diana and absurd notion that God exists don't rank amongst the top ten wacky conspiracy theories.

JFK and LD sure is up there on 11 or 12. As far as God exists or not, well, that is FAITH talking. Not science.

As far as God exists or not, well, that is FAITH talking. Not science.

When science has shown these cranky 9/11 CTs to be wrong time and time again, it's blind faith that keeps them wedded to their delusions. Similarly, the absence of any evidence supporting the preposterous notion that God exists, forces believers to wave their hands in the air and talk about faith in order to justify their weakmindedness.

Edited by coughymachine

JFK and LD sure is up there on 11 or 12. As far as God exists or not, well, that is FAITH talking. Not science.

I think most conspiracies are the bunk but the JFK assassination (and Bobby Kennedy alike) there is mounds of evidence which suggests that Oswald was not the lone gunman.

I totally belive in all of them. I was just waiting for someone to see it my way. lol

((Jk)) =P

those 911 conspiracy theories are pretty wacky. I've viewed alot of those obviously edited clips where they messed with the footage a bit and those crazy websites run by guys that live in their parents basement. Did anyone watch that episode of Southpark where they make fun of 911 conspiracy theorists? it was a classic episode.

I read the first post.. this caught my eye..

They usually hold some belief which the vast majority of his contemporaries would consider counterfactual,

clings to this belief in the face of all counterarguments or evidence presented to him.

you are describing CT's? ..do you not see how the same standards you describe can also be applied to 'Diehard Skeptics'

..if i said to you 'the best lie is a half-truth' and asked you to take a quick glance at the present state of the world.. would you say things are not as they seem, or merely as they ARE?!?

i stopped taking it serious at this stage.. eg: Unlimited > "how many do you believe hazzard?....is this meant to be serious?..."

..what's your axe to grind, hazzard?

If it's all (CT) nonsense then please educate us impotent unwashed KFC eating masses, stop posting crank material and delve into something substantial.. or are you unable?

They are not just out there, they post to this board.

The bit about overestimating their abilities has a name in metacognitive theory - the Dunning-Kruger effect:

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Seems a bit of a broad-brush approach to describe them all as "wacky". "Aliens at Area 51", surely, is pretty mainstream, to say nothing of all the very very many 9/11 theories.

Seems a bit of a broad-brush approach to describe them all as "wacky".

Nah, 'wacky' sounds about right. As I said earlier: 9/11, KFC, JFK, Lady Diana, and the existence of God - all 'wacky' theories, which could only possibly reside in 'wacky' minds.

The world is pretty much how we're told it is. There's very little we don't know.

I read the first post.. this caught my eye..

you are describing CT's? ..do you not see how the same standards you describe can also be applied to 'Diehard Skeptics'

..if i said to you 'the best lie is a half-truth' and asked you to take a quick glance at the present state of the world.. would you say things are not as they seem, or merely as they ARE?!?

i stopped taking it serious at this stage.. eg: Unlimited > "how many do you believe hazzard?....is this meant to be serious?..."

..what's your axe to grind, hazzard?

If it's all (CT) nonsense then please educate us impotent unwashed KFC eating masses, stop posting crank material and delve into something substantial.. or are you unable?

He is pointing out the sillines with most CT's.

Nah, 'wacky' sounds about right. As I said earlier: 9/11, KFC, JFK, Lady Diana, and the existence of God - all 'wacky' theories, which could only possibly reside in 'wacky' minds.

The world is pretty much how we're told it is. There's very little we don't know.

Finally you agree with the rest of us. :rolleyes::innocent:

It seems like about once a month or so that someone resorts to posting this sort of equative argument rather than something of substance. The op is a thinly disgused attempt to discredit alternative 911 theories by equating them to tainted buckets of fried chicken. Its about as clever as refuting the existance of chickens with the the logic that a chicken cannot exist with out an egg, and an egg cannot exist without a chicken.

Conspiracies exist, its a historical fact. To assume every conspiracy have been exposed or accepted into public knowledge is very nieve.

Btw, there are some "wacky" CTs that put most on that list to shame.

Well the one conspiracy that I believe is not on the list.

The idea of a global shadow government never made the list, I suspect this is likely due to the large amount of evidence supporting the existence of one.

This being said 9/11, KFC impotence, NAzi moon bases etc are pretty silly. It's amazing how people can twist circumstantial evidence and turn it into a full blown conspiracy.

Some conspiracy theories do in way make sense and some have been proven true over the years for example CIA mind control and Watergate.

Some conspiracy theories do in way make sense and some have been proven true over the years for example CIA mind control and Watergate.

And all those that are now known to be true would have been on a similar list before being being outed.

Still, you're right, 9/11 conspiracies and Area 51, as well as those that inexplicably didn't make the list, such as JFK and the most ridiculous of all, the existence of God - all crackpot theories, without foundation. The product of undiluted weakmindedness for sure.

And all those that are now known to be true would have been on a similar list before being being outed.

Still, you're right, 9/11 conspiracies and Area 51, as well as those that inexplicably didn't make the list, such as JFK and the most ridiculous of all, the existence of God - all crackpot theories, without foundation. The product of undiluted weakmindedness for sure.

A few years back I became interested in various conspiracy theories when a colleague of mine was talking about them at the university.

The NWO conspiracy theory is supported by political scientists and other scholars as well.

What makes this conspiracy valid is the documentation that these secretive groups release, their plans are public and they hide in plain sight. After a few years of endless reading I have concluded that there is only one possible logical conclusion. This conspiracy didn't make the list as I said due to the evidence available.

The world really does work like a pyramid, we are at the bottom and they are at the top... Politicians sit at about mid level, corporate titans just above them and international banks are situated at the top.

By hiding in plain sight while at the same time manipulating people to laugh at the mere mention of the word 'conspiracy' they will remain hidden from the general public.

I will be starting a thread soon describing their inner working to give people a better idea of how the plan for global domination is not only working but how they are making it work.