Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious plume detected in New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    cyclopes500

cyclopes500

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

I think its time someone did detonate another nuke above ground. Pacific. Fifteen megatons. Night detonation. Warhead packed out with modern up to date technology. Toss in some old ships and some expendable protestors and fishermen to test the affects of the blast and radiation, the party will be better than Guy Fawkes night.

#32    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

I'm confused as to why it's news? Plume of smoke at a missle testing site, It doesn't really seem out of the ordinary :S Don't missles usually create smoke when they blow? Testing a bigger missle as a nuclear alternative? I'm confused :S.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#33    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

• It's better to stand and fight. If you run, you will only die tired.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Storm.  Not the mutant super-hero, but the natural phenomenon.

There is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOAB

But even that doesn't produce a radar hit that big.  So, once again: a storm.

Viking and Pagan at heart.  Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

#34    ProfessorPurple

ProfessorPurple

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• To be or not to be?
    What was the question again?

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Probably 'just' another missile test. The US are too concerned with complaining about NorthKorea's tests while pretending to be all innocent. They are unlikely to announce that they have made or will be making any new tests.

#35    Thorvir Hrothgaard

Thorvir Hrothgaard

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

• It's better to stand and fight. If you run, you will only die tired.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostProfessorPurple, on 29 March 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Probably 'just' another missile test. The US are too concerned with complaining about NorthKorea's tests while pretending to be all innocent. They are unlikely to announce that they have made or will be making any new tests.

Huh?  Difference is the United States isn't a threat to it's neighbors, North Korea is.  We can test all the missiles we want to.

Geez, the woodwork is full of the crazies right now, and they're flooding all of the forums I am part of!!!

Viking and Pagan at heart.  Drink Mead and Hold Your Heathen Hammer High!

#36    PowerPC

PowerPC

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Conventional weapons can cause a plume...It does not have to be a nuclear detonation to cause the effect reported. The only thing is that this occurred over a three hour period. It would only take a few minutes for a non-nuclear explosion to create a plume. I think that this is some type of atmospheric anomaly. I do not think any kind of explosion is the cause.

#37    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,116 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostPowerPC, on 30 March 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Conventional weapons can cause a plume...It does not have to be a nuclear detonation to cause the effect reported. The only thing is that this occurred over a three hour period. It would only take a few minutes for a non-nuclear explosion to create a plume. I think that this is some type of atmospheric anomaly. I do not think any kind of explosion is the cause.

We used to drop 2,000 Lb dumb bombs form my aircraft and that thing looked like a mini-nuke had gone off.  Drop four in a string and it is pretty impressive.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users