Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

WHEN it comes to Tasmanian tiger tales, Michael Moss is a true believer.

The world-renowned thylacine hunter has spent the last 20 years searching for the mysterious marsupial everywhere from Cranbourne South to Wilsons Promontory.

Footage he captured of a doglike animal scampering across a hillside in the Strzelecki Ranges 15 years ago reignited debate about whether the Tasmanian tiger was, in fact, extinct.

Now the former Cranbourne South resident, together with Hampton Park man David Chinn, have been interviewed for an as-yet-unnamed, international documentary on the tiger, expected to air globally in coming months.

http://www.heraldsun...m-1227431009385

• Like 3

Well unless a female and male survived, chances are yep..they are extinct.

But if it turns out they are not, maybe its best keep their existence quiet from the human race....it could only bring out the hunters again to rid them off this planet.

• Like 2

Well unless a female and male survived, chances are yep..they are extinct.

But if it turns out they are not, maybe its best keep their existence quiet from the human race....it could only bring out the hunters again to rid them off this planet.

Probably not in too much danger from sport hunters, or any hunters unless the Chinese take it into their heads that thylacene nuts are an aphrodisiac.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock
  • Like 4

We can hope they are out there.

• Like 1

Probably not in too much danger from sport hunters, or any hunters unless the Chinese take it into their heads that thylacene nuts are an aphrodisiac.

maybe someone should spread the word that Chinese nuts are an aphrodisiac

• Like 5

Or an ashtray!

The world-renowned thylacine hunter has spent the last 20 years searching for the mysterious marsupial everywhere from Cranbourne South to Wilsons Promontory.

Amazing how people can be famous for not getting any results.

• Like 1

I do hope that happens for what they are doing to dogs, cats, horses, etc. Totally horrific.

The thylacine has always held a special place in my heart, and I would love for them to find a breeding pair in the wild! Hopefully they will be smart enough not to do anything that would cause its extinction once it was found. Still, I have always been of the opinion, if you find one, you will probably find others. Really looking forward to the documentary! :tu:

• Like 2

Does anyone know the proposed range of the thylacine? I would say Australia's a rather large continent but if the thylacine was restricted to only Tasmania, I'd be surprised if it was still around and simply hadn't been sighted.

I do hope that happens for what they are doing to dogs, cats, horses, etc. Totally horrific.

You mean deep frying then coating in sweet&sour sauce?

Nothing wrong with being a cryptozoologist, as long as it is a hobby and not what you are trying to do for a living. Those who seem to try to making a living of it... I'm looking at you Rick Dyer.... are most often on the criminal/slimy/scammer end of things.

I'd like the Thylicines to still be alive, but I really suspect that they are gone, or we should have seen some much more often.

Didn't I read an article a while ago that thylicines were one of the most likely animals for being made un-extinct by DNA cloning??

• Like 1

We had 'em here in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales up until about 50-60 years ago. My grandmother has some photos of her mother and father holding their corpses on a photo, since back then they were seen as pests and vermin for stealing sheep. But that was sometime after they were supposed to be extinct, its a real pity but people will be people. lol

Those who seem to try to making a living of it... I'm looking at you Rick Dyer.... are most often on the criminal/slimy/scammer end of things.

Dyer is a piece of ****. When I debunked him he photoshopped me into news reports of bestiality and circulated them around the internet to try to ruin my career.

Edited by Reilly.
  • Like 1

We had 'em here in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales up until about 50-60 years ago. My grandmother has some photos of her mother and father holding their corpses on a photo, since back then they were seen as pests and vermin for stealing sheep. But that was sometime after they were supposed to be extinct, its a real pity but people will be people. lol

Dyer is a piece of ****. When I debunked him he photoshopped me into news reports of bestiality and circulated them around the internet to try to ruin my career.

The last known thylacine died in a zoo in 1933. If you have photos that can be verified to have been from after that fact, you should submit them to Australian conservation officials. That would be quite the find.

• Like 3

The last known thylacine died in a zoo in 1933. If you have photos that can be verified to have been from after that fact, you should submit them to Australian conservation officials. That would be quite the find.

I will when my grandmother passes away.

I will when my grandmother passes away.

Why wait? Does she have some kind of issue with you submitting photos that can prove the thylacine was still alive and kicking after it's supposed extinction?

• Like 1

Why wait? Does she have some kind of issue with you submitting photos that can prove the thylacine was still alive and kicking after it's supposed extinction?

Probably if the picture is of her or her family having poached them.

• Like 1

Being the last known person to put a entire species into extinction might be a bit of a family albatross......

Still, I'd like to see the pictures. :tu:

For Rick Dyer....

PhotoFunia-ccd1d45.jpg

Being the last known person to put a entire species into extinction might be a bit of a family albatross......

I don't think that is the case, I'm pretty sure there are other people. These were just photos of her folks from the old farm. I just know that Nan didn't want to give up the original photos because she only has like 3 photos of her rents and she'd have to give up the originals. The way her and my pop tell it, they were pretty common back then, but they're certainly not going to be here now. lol

There is a dairy farmer who is now very ill and is in his 80's.

He lives on his 3rd generation dairy farm in the Nanup area or thereabouts in WA.

This elderly gentleman has dedicated portion of his life to the thylacine.

He has his own museum on the farm, and its totally free to visit.

I have met him and also stayed on the farm, a wonderful family.

He has seen the thylacine quite a few times from his youth till present

Even a dead one on the local road in the late 50's.... in those days they thought

nothing of it.

He has a low set brick house, which has a mound of earth at the back. one morning he

woke to find a thylacine on his roof. it simply jumped across to the earth mound,

then started hopping like a roo for a couple of yards, then went down on all fours and ran away.

Scoff as much as you like, but I believe this old gentleman, and so do many locals.

There is a dairy farmer who is now very ill and is in his 80's.

He lives on his 3rd generation dairy farm in the Nanup area or thereabouts in WA.

This elderly gentleman has dedicated portion of his life to the thylacine.

He has his own museum on the farm, and its totally free to visit.

I have met him and also stayed on the farm, a wonderful family.

He has seen the thylacine quite a few times from his youth till present

Even a dead one on the local road in the late 50's.... in those days they thought

nothing of it.

He has a low set brick house, which has a mound of earth at the back. one morning he

woke to find a thylacine on his roof. it simply jumped across to the earth mound,

then started hopping like a roo for a couple of yards, then went down on all fours and ran away.

Scoff as much as you like, but I believe this old gentleman, and so do many locals.

sounds like a dingo

I don't think that is the case, I'm pretty sure there are other people. These were just photos of her folks from the old farm. I just know that Nan didn't want to give up the original photos because she only has like 3 photos of her rents and she'd have to give up the originals. The way her and my pop tell it, they were pretty common back then, but they're certainly not going to be here now. lol

Still an investigation will be conducted by thyclaine hunters now that you have said these things

Still an investigation will be conducted by thyclaine hunters now that you have said these things

Are there many.... thylacine hunters?

Now that is funny. Sick, but funny. Over a billion people and they're worried about men getting it up? Seriously? I think they're not having any trouble with that at all.