Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Is Not To Trust? Why Ted Cruz Is Right

Kowalski

Really great article here. Would like to see more politicians like this....

WHO IS NOT TO TRUST? WHY TED CRUZ IS RIGHT

So Ted Cruz doesn’t trust the Republicans. Imagine that.

“Let me be clear” he said on the Senate floor the other day. “I don’t trust the Republicans, and I don’t trust the Democrats.” And why not? The last four years have given us all ample reason not to trust the Democrats, as $1 trillion deficits have become the new normal and the national debt has zoomed toward $17 trillion, all under the Obama-Pelosi-Reid team’s watch.

But what about the Republicans, who so often claim to be the party of limited government? The truth is, the GOP’s record is seldom as grand as its rhetoric. Aside from a few Tea Party stalwarts, plenty of Republican senators are ready to throw in the towel on the debt ceiling, let it go up, and get a few scraps from the Democrats in return.

“Here is the dirty little secret about some of those on the right side of the aisle,” Cruz wasquoted in the New York Times. “There are some who would very much like to cast a symbolic vote against raising the debt ceiling and nonetheless allow our friends on the left side of the aisle to raise the debt ceiling. That, to some Republicans, is the ideal outcome.”

He is right about that. Senior Republican staffers in Congress tell me that members of the Republican Leadership in both houses of Congress are terrified of not raising the debt ceiling, having been convinced that calamity will ensue if we don’t. But the alternative? Senate Majority Leader McConnell would, I am told, be happy to see the debt ceiling raised with no Republican votes. Then Republicans can beat up Democrats for raising it, while knowing that the economy won’t explode as Paul Krugman has warned it would.

And if House Speaker John Boehner had to choose between a clean debt ceiling increase (one with no limits, allowing Obama to keep raising it ad nauseum) and no debt ceiling increase at all, I am told he would take the former by conservatives in the House of Representatives.

So the establishment Republican mind-set says, ”More debt is better than a melt-down, but at least get something in return, even if it doesn’t mean much, we have something to run against the Democrats with.” What do they want in return? They know they don’t have the votes to get much in the way of budget cuts, so they can at least keep the base happy with talk about “economic growth.”

When Cruz, who is anything but your traditional freshman back-bench Senator, said he didn’t trust Republicans, the party establishment, led by John McCain, howled in response. But where is the Republican leadership’s credibility? When they last held real power, these Republicans goosed up domestic discretionary spending faster than it rose under Bill Clinton and piled on the debt.

Taken from: http://www.breitbart...d-cruz-is-right

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

So far I like what this guy is doing and how he is approaching his new job. Him, Rand Paul and a few other new "republicans" are giving me a little hope for the future of the GOP, or at least for conservatives anyway.

Since the Old GOP seems not to like these guys, maybe they can start their own party one day...

The WACKO-BIRD Party!!!

96762427-mccain-and-rand-paul-wacko-bird.jpg

• Like 3

So far I like what this guy is doing and how he is approaching his new job. Him, Rand Paul and a few other new "republicans" are giving me a little hope for the future of the GOP, or at least for conservatives anyway.

Since the Old GOP seems not to like these guys, maybe they can start their own party one day...

The WACKO-BIRD Party!!!

That's pretty funny.... :tu:

Lets face it both parties are messed up. They are more interested in hurting each other than helping the American people and this economy. Passing some law with something stupid attached that usually hurts the people even more and only helps big corporations.

One day they will wake up and realize neither one is in power anymore.

• Like 1

It is the age of pull. no party cares about princple it is all about power and who has it. They fight for power nonething more. Every company union political action groups and big charities are all about pull. They trade in favors and power.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Lets face it both parties are messed up. They are more interested in hurting each other than helping the American people and this economy. Passing some law with something stupid attached that usually hurts the people even more and only helps big corporations.

One day they will wake up and realize neither one is in power anymore.

It is the age of pull. no party cares about princple it is all about power and who has it. They fight for power nonething more. Every company union political action groups and big charities are all about pull. They trade in favors and power.

I agree with both of you. :tu:

It doesn't matter if it's a Democrat or Republican, they are both part of the same problem! They keep us divided with race, political, and class bias. It's sickening.

difference_between_republican_and_democratic_parties_is_ow_they_handle_corporations_ralph_nader.jpg

Edited by Kowalski