Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Obamacare website problems

Rafterman

The hits just keep getting better. Everyone knows that your age is a key factor in determining your healthcare costs, right? Apparently not. Healthcare.gov thought it would be a good idea to let folks get estimates based on multi-decade age ranges instead of specific birthdates.

So folks using the browse feature get quoted a rate that is sometimes hundreds of dollars off of the actual costs of the plan.

Video at link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57608843/healthcare.gov-pricing-feature-can-be-off-the-mark/

HealthCare.gov pricing feature can be off the mark

(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov. It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."

And according to a guy in CA whose company helped design the California marketplace:

Chini Krishnan is the chief executive officer of GetInsured.com. His company helped design California's new health-care-exchange website. It requires people to enter their birthdays to get a real price quote. Krishnan said, "It's important that the users have a proper, trustworthy, honest brand experience when they interact with HealthCare.gov, and I think providing accurate prices is an integral component of that."

So I have to ask, has the Obama Administration implemented a system that meets those goals?

Of course if you want to put on your conspiracy hat, you might say that this "mistake" was completely intentional as it makes the insurance companies look like the bad guys - "but, but Obama said my insurance would only cost $100!!! why is the big evil insurance company charging me $400?!?"

• Like 2

The hits just keep getting better. Everyone knows that your age is a key factor in determining your healthcare costs, right? Apparently not. Healthcare.gov thought it would be a good idea to let folks get estimates based on multi-decade age ranges instead of specific birthdates.

So folks using the browse feature get quoted a rate that is sometimes hundreds of dollars off of the actual costs of the plan.

Video at link.

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-off-the-mark/

(CBS News) CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov. It stems from the Obama administration's efforts to improve its health care website. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."

And according to a guy in CA whose company helped design the California marketplace:

Chini Krishnan is the chief executive officer of GetInsured.com. His company helped design California's new health-care-exchange website. It requires people to enter their birthdays to get a real price quote. Krishnan said, "It's important that the users have a proper, trustworthy, honest brand experience when they interact with HealthCare.gov, and I think providing accurate prices is an integral component of that."

So I have to ask, has the Obama Administration implemented a system that meets those goals?

Of course if you want to put on your conspiracy hat, you might say that this "mistake" was completely intentional as it makes the insurance companies look like the bad guys - "but, but Obama said my insurance would only cost $100!!! why is the big evil insurance company charging me $400?!?"

We will hear even more horror stories about ObamaCare for the rest of the week.

Senator Marco Rubio will introduce a bill next Monday to Delay ObamaCare for 1 Year. By Monday, i think democrats in the U.S. Senate will

cry uncle and say okay.

Video at link.

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-off-the-mark/

Good grief...Tell me this isn't a government operation.... :unsure2:

• Like 1

With all of the attention and heat that Obamacare brought, how could they let this happen? You would think if they were serious about the only thing this administration will be remembered for, you would think they would have made sure it was flawless. I don't get it.

With all of the attention and heat that Obamacare brought, how could they let this happen? You would think if they were serious about the only thing this administration will be remembered for, you would think they would have made sure it was flawless. I don't get it.

Guess they are happy enough with being the administration under which the Tea Party committed suicide :innocent:

• Like 1

Guess they are happy enough with being the administration under which the Tea Party committed suicide :innocent:

If only that were true. :P

Obama and his extremists buddies want ObamaCare to implode so they can step forward with an alternate solution : Canadian Public Option

In the meantime, they will throw $$$ Millions at :

- CGI Federal

- QSSI : Quality Software Services, Inc. - Maryland Based Company

- Booz Allen Hamilton

BTW, the Canadian Health Care System ain't working out very well. - Band-Aid.....applied....Medical Tourism...Fly to Texas for surgery.

And that's really my point in bringing all of this up - Obamacare is THE program that he wants to be remembered for 100 years from now. If it were me, I would have brought in the best and brightest, set them all down in a room, and said, "Look folks, this HAS TO WORK FLAWLESSLY 3 years from now. Here's $1 trillion dollars. Make it happen."

And that's really my point in bringing all of this up - Obamacare is THE program that he wants to be remembered for 100 years from now. If it were me, I would have brought in the best and brightest, set them all down in a room, and said, "Look folks, this HAS TO WORK FLAWLESSLY 3 years from now. Here's $1 trillion dollars. Make it happen."

Big Picture: Obama WANTS ObamaCare to fail so he can bring the Canadian Public Option down here to the USA.

I thought the Tea Party was established by a bunch of rednecks in 2009 in response to the first African American president? :whistle:

I thought the Tea Party was established by a bunch of rednecks in 2009 in response to the first African American president?

The Tea Party was established to throw Nancy Pelosi out of her office. - Mission Accomplished -

Speaker John Boehner has the Power of the Purse. :tu: