Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Strange Career of Gordon Novel

TheMacGuffin

Who was Gordon Novel? I have decided to look more into the career of this peculiar character, who was born in 1938 and died this year.

Was he a CIA agent or at least associated with the Agency? Was he a disinformation agent or hoaxer? He claimed to have had information about UFOs, reverse engineering, a secret space program, missions to Mars and many other subjects.

He was linked to the CIA, the secret war against Cubs, Jack Ruby and the Kennedy assassination by New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison, and was later involved with Charles Colson and the White House "Plumbers" during Watergate.

JFKnovel.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=XpYhEx4oHSF9jM:&imgrefurl=http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKnovel.htm&docid=e-X-ECRRsmoSzM&imgurl=http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKnovel.jpg&w=169&h=264&ei=vDKbUK_9EIOE8ASY0oGwBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=169&vpy=139&dur=232&hovh=211&hovw=135&tx=69&ty=141&sig=114704889851551226570&page=1&tbnh=130&tbnw=86&start=0&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:78

One website had this to say about him:

Gordon Novel was born in New Orleans in 1938. According to Alan J. Weberman: "In his youth, Gordon Novel belonged to a neo-Nazi group and was arrested and charged with bombing a Metairie, Louisiana, theater that admitted blacks". In the early 1960s Novel ran an electronics firm which specialized in selling equipment used for bugging.

It was claimed by Jim Garrison that Novel was formerly a member of theCentral Intelligence Agency and was an associate of Sergio Arcacha Smith,David Ferrie and Guy Banister. It was also reported that Novel worked with the Cuban Revolutionary Front during the Bay of Pigs operation via the CIA proprietary, the Evergreen Advertising Agency.

According to William Torbitt Novel had been seen by a Dallas attorney having meetings with Jack Ruby and William Seymour in the Carousel Club during October and November, 1963. Another author, Paris Flammonde (The Kennedy Conspiracy), claims that Novel was questioned on five separate occasions following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Jim Garrison discovered that Sergio Arcacha Smith, David Ferrie and Guy Banister had been involved in aCIA operation to pick up "war material" for the Bay of Pigs attack at from the Schlumberger Well Company. Garrison subpoenaed Novel but he fled to Ohio. However, the James Rhodes, the Governor of Ohio, refused to extradite him unless Garrison agreed not to question him on the assassination.

A few weeks after Novel fled from New Orleans a woman cleaning his old apartment found a penciled draft of a letter wedged under a plastic cover alongside the kitchen. The letter was addressed to a Mr. Weiss. This letter was passed to Jim Garrison who concluded that it was a letter to Novel's CIA contact. "I took the liberty of writing you direct and apprising you of current situation, expecting you to forward this through appropriate channels. Our connection and activity of that period involves individuals presently about to be indicted as conspirators in Garrison's investigation."

Novel also said in the letter: "We have temporarily avoided one subpoena not to reveal Double Chek activities or associate them with this mess. We want out of this thing before Thursday 3/67. Our attorneys have been told to expect another subpoena to appear and testify on this matter. The fifth amendment and/or immunity (and) legal tactics will not suffice." Alan J. Weberman has pointed out that E. Howard Hunt worked for Double Chek in Miami.

In an article in Ramparts Magazine, William Turner claims that Novel admitted that the pick up at the Schlumberger Well Company was one of "the most patriotic burglaries in history." Novel is also said to have confessed that on the day the munitions were picked up, he "was called by his CIA contact and told to join a group which was ordered to transport munitions from the bunker to New Orleans."

In 1974 Jack Anderson reported that as a result of Watergate break-in, Charles Colson asked Novel to build a "degaussing gun" to erase tapes stored at the CIA and the White House that would incriminate Richard Nixon.

In an interview in 2006 Novel rejected the claims that he was a CIA agent: "I’m not a CIA agent. I’m affiliated, I work with, and we have a mutual admiration society based upon my relationship with the individuals I work with.... The CIA has multiple sides but it’s been my experience over the years that they’re basically the only good guys in the entire United States government. They’re really patriots. Most of ‘em are patriots and I’ve never known... I personally have never known them to do anything criminal, ever. And they didn’t kill John Kennedy and they didn’t kill a lot of people that they’ve been accused of causing the death of but I don’t know that to be true. So I can tell you that my experience with ‘em has been like dealing with Eagle Scouts."

Gordon Novel died on 4th October, 2012.

gordon_novel_lg.jpg

Reality Uncovered has a very negative view of Novel. As for myself, I'm merely curious and am going to spend some time looking into his history, but I haven't reached any real conclusions about him one way or the other:

"I sent the following email to Gordon Novel on February 5th, 2010. I’ve heard some rumors of grandstanding by Ed Komarek, a hard-core believer/Exopolitics type who doesn’t understand any of what’s going on – but has a strong desire for the limelight.

Of course, I’ve also heard about some random observations by Dan Smith – Ron’s go-to mouthpiece when he needs to distribute something quickly in order to distract the believers. But I’ve yet to hear another peep from Gordon Novel regarding the specific issues covered in these questions. The questions are fairly lengthy, so he could be working diligently on them. I was hoping to publish his answers to the following questions at least this week on RealityUncovered – but it looks like it may be next week.

THE FEEDBACK FROM SENDING OUT THE QUESTIONS

The questions below created quite a ripple in the days after I sent them out. First, Gordon tacked on a long list of individuals who needed to approve the interview before he would answer them (for the record – Kit Green immediately emailed his approval).

The second thing that happened is that Ron immediately emailed me and scorned my “police interrogation-like interview approach.” He said that I should let Gordon define the relationship between himself and Gordon rather than my implying the relationship in the question. I responded that the email exchanges we have in hand stand as evidence to the true relationship.

Subsequently, Ron then attempted to distract and change the subject of this discussion in his follow-up conversations with Dan Smith, by sending Dan Smith on a wild goose chase regarding his new main squeeze from Kashmir who he now refers to as “princess.” Ron told Dan that I take the scams too seriously. Of course, to Ron, it’s all a joke.

THE STANDING QUESTIONS – STILL UNANSWERED

Without further ado – here is the question list I sent to Gordon. Five days later, I’ve received nothing. Are we to assume no comment? The following is copyrighted RealityUncovered.net – if any of the information below is used or copied anywhere else, a link-back to this particular blog entry is required."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CGkQFjAK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.realityuncovered.net%2Fblog%2F2010%2F02%2Fthe-questions-that-gordon-novel-wont-answer%2F&ei=AzebUMzSG4vq8gSb8ICAAQ&usg=AFQjCNFUwjWnPv-YeC2z7qyAICuJomybhw&sig2=9J5dX9mIEI3CmAfOm5zC6w

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 01:33:51 -0500

To: Gordon Novel

Subject: Interview Questions

Hi Gordon – here are the questions and topics that I was hoping to discuss with you on the phone in a recorded interview format. As you requested, I am sending them first to your son, Jim Marrs and Ron. I’ve also cc’d Steve as he is co-owner of RealityUncovered where we would like to publish this interview with you.

Here are the questions:

1. The FOIA CIA Security File on Gordon Novel

According to CIA Security Record number 104-10305-10000, throughout the years you repeatedly claimed affiliation with the CIA. On page 4 the CIA memo states:

“Sergeant Haas was advised that a Gordon Novel, believed to be identical to the Gordon Novel of interest to Fort Lauderdale’s Organized Crime Division, is not now nor has he ever been an employee or employed in any capacity with the CIA. The undersigned added that since the late 60’s, Gordon Novel has periodically claimed employment with the CIA.”

Question: Can you confirm or deny the statement on this CIA document that alleges that you’d been claiming CIA employment since the 60′s?

Page 7 of this official CIA file reads:

“Subject advised that he had an economic formula which would solve the world dollar dumping crisis – IR – 9 February 1973″

Question: Can you confirm or deny this claim?

Page 10 from the CIA file notes the following from 1980:

“…and in the ensuing conversation Novel indicated that he was involved in a ‘commercial venture’ and felt that the results might be of interest to “ONI”. He indicated, in essence, that his project involved outfitting a “fast patrol craft” with various means of testing defense systems (NFI).”

Question: Is it true that you approached ONI with such a commercial venture in 1980? Did ONI pursue it?

2. Kingdom’s Come Film Project

As late as 2008, you were working on funding a film project called “Kingdom’s Come.”

Question: What ever became of the project?

According to our sources, in 2008 you attempted to create a pitch for Dan Smith to give Jim Marrs a $6000 retainer in order to put together two powerpoint presentations – one for RAM (formerly RAAM) and one for Kingdom’s Come.

Question: Can you confirm or deny, and did Dan ever provide the money to Marrs?

Question: Did Jim Marrs ever put together the script for Kingdom’s Come?

4. RAM Conferences and Final Breakdown

Question: In 2008, is it true that you charged about $11,000 to your credit cards to put together the conference for SARA that year?

Question: When you requested Ron’s help with that debt, did he assist you or did he leave you hanging with that debt?

Question: Since Paul Murad and Morgan Boardman are now collaborating directly, and have bypassed you and RAM completely, do you have plans to pursue legal action against Murad for defaulting on the NDA that he signed with you?

Question: If so, is RAM (or your company that’s listed as a party on the NDA) an officially registered business name in the state where you live?

6. Hal Puthoff’s Role

In 2007, Ron Pandolfi made a statement via email regarding Hal’s involvement in Baker’s “Gravity Wave” research. In an email response, Hal denied involvement, and downplayed his interest and involvement with you (and with RAM) in comparison when he wrote:

“Yes, Eric is listed on Bob Baker’s website as being part of the “Grav Wave Team,” but it’s just like I’m listed as being Gordon Novel’s chief scientist because I answer questions when he calls me (my answers not usually to his liking, I might add!).”

Yet – in your recent report, you clearly detail how involved Hal actually was in communicating with you regarding RAM:

Page 20: “Hal Puthoff, whose intellect is truly without peer, once let me read a deep black unpublished paper of his that explained how he thought the zero-point field (ZPF) caused gravity.”

Page 68: “…it is possible to have fluctuations beyond unity in which the Second Law is violated, or so I am told by Hal.”

Page 90: “…Were it not for being privileged to know the good Doctor (Puthoff) and his wonderful family, I seriously doubt that I would have continued my high interest in the ARV/UFO matter, much less be writing this case treatise for his critical scrutiny.”

Page 90: “A paper Dr. Puthoff furnished me when we met is extremely relevant to the How-To function of the ARV system.”

Page 143: “About that same time (1995), Hal Puthoff sent me a very informative paper in response to my query on the rest mass voltage…”

Page 179: “…as Dr. Puthoff will confirm from discussions we had in 1994 and some CAD/CAM graphics that I sent him in 1995.”

Page 230: “Further, the statements of UFO contactees and abductees, the crash report of Rennie Beicker (according to Hal Puthoff)…”

Question: Your descriptions seem to extend beyond Hal’s description of simple phone calls. Could you offer your response to Hal’s statement above to Ron, downplaying his involvement with you regarding RAM?

Those are all of the non-engineering questions, but I suppose that’s more than enough for now, for an interesting recorded interview that covers all of the major points. Let me know when you’re ready.

Thanks Gordon,

-Ryan

And in this video, Novel talks about his involvement with the "Aviary", a diverse group that provided information and disinformation about ETs and UFOs.

• Like 1

That's enough to get started. There's a lot of material about Gordon Novel floating around the Internet and I will look around for some more tomorrow.

I've heard of him now and again over the years, but don't have any definite opinions or conclusions. Anyone else who has information or ideas on this man, feel free to join in.

And here is another discussion of Novel's involvement in stealing munitions to supply to the anti-Castro Cubans, which is the type of activity that brought him to Jim Garrison's attention. Was it an "official" CIA operation or just something that had been arranged to look like a robbery?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.realityuncovered.net%2Fblog%2F2009%2F10%2Fwho-exactly-is-gordon-novel-and-what-is-ram%2F&ei=T0KbUISVPJLu8ASR6IDIDw&usg=AFQjCNFaamY-MOGCDh-G3sdYhm-KhrFJ7w&sig2=FvSmVXcp5WKF3PkoNC_Kzw

Later, young Novel went to work for Garrison, but he was also informing on him to NBC journalist Walter Sheridan.

gnovel-237x300.jpg

Walter Sheridan claimed to be a friend of Robert Kennedy, who had asked him to get the real story on Garrison and this weird group in New Orleans like David Ferrie, Guy Bannister, Clay Shaw and the rest, Robert Kennedy did not know that Sheridan was playing a double game as well, and was a CIA "asset". His job was to help discredit Garrison's investigation and tell the Kennedy family that there was nothing to it.

See what I mean about it being hard to tell all the players without a scorecard?

Then in later years, Novel started talking about the secret space program, secret missions to Mars, alien technology and all that. It's enough to make your head spin.

This website has more information about Novel, who fled from New Orleans in 1967 after Garrison learned about his contacts with Walter Sheridan, the FBI and the CIA.

The Double-Chek company was a CIA front in Miami, associated with Operation Mongoose, the JM-Wave station and the covert war against Castro.

http://www.google.co...9QEwAg&dur=2290

After fleeing New Orleans in March, 1967, a note was found in his apartment:

""Dear Mr. Weiss: This letter is to inform you that District [sic] Jim Garrison has subpoenaed myself and an associate to testify before this Grand Jury on matters which may be classified Top Secret. Actions of individuals connected with Double Chek Corporation in Miami in first quarter of 1961. Our connection and activity of that period involves individuals presently about to be indicted as conspirators in Mr. Garrison's investigation. We have temporarily avoided one subpoena...we want out of this thing before Thursday, March 1967...

I have been questioned extensively by local FBI recently as to whether or not I was involved with Double Chek's parent holding corporation at the time. My reply on five queries was negative... Our attorneys and others are in possession of complete sealed files containing all information concerning matter. In the event of our sudden departure, either accidental or otherwise, they are instructed to simultaneously release same for public scrutiny..." (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 24 - Page 22)

• "In 1970 Gordon Novel was arrested on a charge of illegal interstate transportation of an eavesdropping device, and was subsequently convicted."

• "In May 1967 Gordon Novel staged an assassination attempt on himself which was reported to Raymond Rocca."

• "In 1968, after a fight with his in-laws, Gordon Novel exhibited CIA credentials to the arresting officers."

• "In 1974 Jack Anderson reported that Charles Colson asked Gordon Novel to help him build a giant degaussing gun to erase tapes that incriminated NIXON, stored at a CIA site."

• "The FBI stated that Gordon Novel was involved with Morningstar Associates, 'an organization with supposed connections to the CIA and Department of Defense."

• "In the Summer of 1976 Gordon Novel and his partner, John Langford, were charged with possession of an incendiary device and aggravated arson. The men were involved an alleged plot to firebomb some property in the New Orleans Central Business District on Mardi Gras day, 1976, after attempts to purchase the property for $70 million had failed. Gordon Novel hired an undercover Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent who later admitted CIA ties to do the job. Jim Garrison represented Gordon Novel."

• "At his trial Gordon Novel testified the Agency was after him because of international arms dealing. The trial, covered extensively by Spotlight, ended in a hung jury. On October 30, 1976, the judge declared a mistrial." (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 24 - Page 23)

• "In 1976, Novel lived with arms dealer Mitch Werbell."

• "On January 17, 1977, when Gordon Novel was arrested for arson, Mitch Werbell bailed him out." (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 21 - Page 79)

• "Gordon Novel had been hired by Aubrey Young to install electronic debugging equipment in the office of Governor John J. McKeithen." Young was McKeithen's aide, and was reportedly tied to mobster Carlos Marcello (see source info for details) (Weberman, AJ; Nodule 27 - Page 91)

• Reportedly, Novel claims to have been hired by Nixon aide Chuck Colson to degauss the Watergate tapes.

• Later, he worked with John Z. DeLorean, whose coke dealing, money laundering, and intelligence connections are too complicated to go into here.

• Recently, Novel has been involved in the UFO research community.
    After physicist Bob Lazar went public with his claims of having back engineered flying saucers at Area 51, Novel showed up at Las Vegas, eager to meet with Lazar. Novel was interested in the mechanics of alleged anti-gravity devices. He had written a JFK researcher a letter from prison in 1978 describing his work in the field. Evidently, Lazar met with Novel once, before being warned off by researcher Lars Hansson.
    ("An Interview with Lars Hansson", Steamshovel Press, #8, Summer 1993. Reprinted in Thomas, Kenn, Popular Alienation, Iluminet Press, 1995, pg 156-9) (for more information on Bob Lazar's intelligence connections, see my article, Nuclear Dreamland and Hansson, Lars, "UFO's, Aliens and 'Ex'-intelligence Agents: Who's Fooling Whom The Inside Story of John Lear, Bill Cooper and 'The Greatest Cover-Up in Human History'", 7/18/91)

• He has also been accused of threatening UFOlogist Bill Moore and writer Jim DiEugenio. Novel's friend John Alexander had once allegedly used Novel's reputation to threaten researcher Martin Cannon.

• Novel is reportedly involved with Robert Bigelow and his National Institute of Discovery Science. (What's New at Area 51 and Ufomind: 9/96 Part I) (What's New at Area 51 and Ufomind : 9/96 Part II)

• Novel worked as an investigator for former Attorney General Ramsey Clark in a civil trial following the Branch Davidian siege. (Moore, Carol, Excerpt from The Davidian Massacre)

• Novel has since become a conspiracy theorist in his own right. His claims reportedly include the idea that President Bill Clinton cracked down on the Branch Davidians to show the Bosnians how serious he was, and that former CIA director William Colby was murdered because he intended to come forward with this information.

• He also claims that fake terrorist attacks will be used to usher in a UN controlled New World Order.

• He has also investigated the TWA 800 crash. (Puzzle Pieces)

Edited by TheMacGuffin

If this isn't confusing enough yet, Novel was also associated with the mysterious Dr. Ron Pandolfi, another member of the "Aviary" who did indeed arrange for lectures on UFOS and similar subjects. For all I know, he still does.

Like I said, it's hard to sort out all the players in this strange game even with a scorecard. LOL

"Pandolphi is a PhD in physics and works at the Rocket and Missile section of the Office of the Deputy Director of Science and Technology, CIA."
, codename: Pelican

(Victorian, Armen,
, Lobster Magazine, 6/93)

In 1987, Pandolfi invited UFOlogist Bruce Maccabee "to give a general lecture to [CIA] employees on UFOs and MJ-12". (Maccabee's response to AIR)

Pandolfi had tried unsuccesfully for years to gain access to the DIA's remote viewing program. He was thwarted by Dale Graff and Jack Verona, who kept him off the clearance list in fears that Pandolfi wnted to shut the program down. (Schnabel, Jim, Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies, Dell, 1997, pg 347)

Reportedly friends with John Alexander. Executive Director of TACP -Technology Assisted Counter Poaching Network (1911 N. Fort Myer Drive, Suite 408, Arlington, VA 22209. Voice: 703-243-6613, Fax: 703-243-6619, Web site, ronsp@iodine.ucia.gov). "Dr. Ron Pandolfi is a senior project director with broad expertise on the most advanced surveillance technologies supporting law enforcement and national security issues." TACP utilizes ground-sensor technology to detect poachers.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/hambone_info/People2_archivos/clairbornepell.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/hambone_info/people1.html&h=253&w=207&sz=16&tbnid=CmFNQ8l0WoLV1M:&tbnh=100&tbnw=82&zoom=1&usg=__db8jkRccvdobH6g8KtyVzdRF-k8=&docid=BTXLD3BRuHEHGM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=CUibUNfEBonc8ATch4HgBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ9QEwAg&dur=2290

Anyway, Novel's name keeps cropping up with the whole group that was interested in remote viewing, MK-Ultra-type experiments, alternative energy, UFOs, reverse engineering of ET technology and all that, among them the network that has been doing some informal disclosure of ET and UFO information.

Here's a picture of Ron Pandolfi, of the CIA, DIA and God knows what else.

RonPandolfi%20598x300.jpg

"Pandolfi first hit mainstream news pages in the late 1990s, following an investigation of unauthorized technology transfers from American defense contractors to the People's Republic of China.

Ken Timmerman, writing for the American Spectator, claimed that "Ronald Pandolfi was the CIA's highest ranking scientist when he visited the headquarters of Hughes Space and Communications in El Segundo, California in 1996."

Congressional Research Service Reports state that:

"A CIA analyst, Ronald Pandolfi, briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee on what he had found in 1995 about Hughes' review of the explosion of a Long March rocket in January 1995. The CIA then allegedly alerted Hughes about Pandolfi's briefing, reportedly according to an internal CIA cable dated September 23, 1998. The committee then asked Attorney General Janet Reno for a criminal investigation into whether the CIA improperly obstructed a Senate investigation."

According to Timmerman, "After Pandolfi testified in closed session before Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), he was removed from the China division and put to work on developing alternative energy sources."

Some believe the "alternative energy sources" include exotic spacecraft propulsion systems with capabilities associated with intelligently controlled extraterrestrial flying objects."

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=S4fPoWYYdC-XEM:&imgrefurl=http://www.starpod.org/news/1001151.htm&docid=kwqQpv14F-roPM&imgurl=http://www.starpod.org/images/RonPandolfi%252520598x300.jpg&w=598&h=300&ei=MEybUP36FpDK9gS_zIGQDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=389&vpy=170&dur=7727&hovh=159&hovw=317&tx=126&ty=91&sig=114704889851551226570&page=1&tbnh=140&tbnw=279&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:84

SSIC%20SG%20briefing.gif

"I also knew, based upon thousands of pages of declassified government documents -- covering a period from the 1960s to the mid-1990s -- that the entire US intelligence community had been enthralled with the use of psychic intelligence. The files proved that government interest in the use of the paranormal had extended all the way to the Joint Chiefs, where Drake had, as a Naval officer, analyzed intelligence for the Pentagon.

I had files on proposed covert psychic intelligence programs, lists of names and research facilities, once classified scientific reports from top defense contractors, thousands of pages blackened by redactions of sensitive information -- but one question lingered in my mind:

Was the post-9/11 US intelligence community back in the business of using psychic intelligence?

Author Jon Ronson seemed to think so, but his book -- The Men Who State at Goats -- seemed at best a superficial, if immensely entertaining investigation.

I had obtained CIA's STAR GATE files -- roughly 89,000 pages of government documentation -- and had managed to network with various researchers and government officials and consultants who were familiar with the old programs.

One of my contacts, the author Gus Russo, provided us with a source on NSA use of psychic intelligence. Russo's source confirmed that NSA had not only been in the psychic spying business, they had continued their research program following 9/11.

Russo's source told us the program was covert and compartmentalized -- a so-called Special Access Program -- deep inside NSA Signals Intelligence."

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=vmxkN4hhBs5V9M:&imgrefurl=http://www.starpod.org/news/1105251.htm&docid=RwpXrToZFX4-wM&imgurl=http://www.starpod.org/images/SSIC%252520SG%252520briefing.gif&w=600&h=300&ei=MEybUP36FpDK9gS_zIGQDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=485&vpy=40&dur=2052&hovh=159&hovw=318&tx=232&ty=80&sig=114704889851551226570&page=3&tbnh=127&tbnw=254&start=71&ndsp=38&ved=1t:429,r:72,s:20,i:357

Way too much reading for a post, lol. "Sorry, can you repeat all that again? I missed it."

I'm not sure I can explain it. It's really is hard to sort out all the players without a scorecard when it comes to these matters.

Maybe other people will have more information as well.

thanks TMG......I saw the Project Camelot video interview a while back and through Kerry Cassidy's web site knew he had died.

Apart from that I hadn't paid any attention to him. But he is an interesting character from all the extra info you have put about him.

He strikes me as a bit of a maverick.....maybe....

Making his income and having adventures as an agent, and double agent (even triple / quadruple if there is such a thing... :) )

• Like 1

And in this video, Novel talks about his involvement with the "Aviary", a diverse group that provided information and disinformation about ETs and UFOs.

[media=]

[/media]

that was a good short video...cheers. And his body language was interesting.

After physicist Bob Lazar went public with his claims of having back engineered flying saucers at Area 51, Novel showed up at Las Vegas, eager to meet with Lazar. Novel was interested in the mechanics of alleged anti-gravity devices. He had written a JFK researcher a letter from prison in 1978 describing his work in the field. Evidently, Lazar met with Novel once, before being warned off by researcher Lars Hansson.

("An Interview with Lars Hansson", Steamshovel Press, #8, Summer 1993. Reprinted in Thomas, Kenn, Popular Alienation, Iluminet Press, 1995, pg 156-9) (for more information on Bob Lazar's intelligence connections, see my article, Nuclear Dreamland and Hansson, Lars, "UFO's, Aliens and 'Ex'-intelligence Agents: Who's Fooling Whom The Inside Story of John Lear, Bill Cooper and 'The Greatest Cover-Up in Human History'", 7/18/91)

I was disappointed when the last two links for this didn't work any more....but not surprised because anything to do with Lazar

seems to be a hot potato.

I will have a look for them elsewhere...but I don't really hold out much hope of finding them....although I could be wrong.

that was a good short video...cheers. And his body language was interesting.

I was disappointed when the last two links for this didn't work any more....but not surprised because anything to do with Lazar

seems to be a hot potato.

I will have a look for them elsewhere...but I don't really hold out much hope of finding them....although I could be wrong.

Yes, he was a very weird character, going back to the time when he was affiliated with the CIA and its war against Castro.

I don't think he believed Bob Lazar, but he always claimed to have some real information about UFOs and how they had been back-engineered for a secret space program. He also seemed to have some links to that whole "Aviary" group that occasionally leaks information about UFOs.

I saw one video where Gordon Novel was showing these pictures, claiming they were authentic examples of artificial structures on Mars and that the American secret space program had set up bases there.

1-096-m0400291-1.jpg

Reflections.jpg

But then others will say that the "tubes" are really sand dunes.

'

marstub02.jpg

marstub01.jpg

The feature is totally identical to sand dunes pictures seen in many MOC picture of the surface of Mars. The particularity of the alleged "glass tube" feature is that the dunes were shaped inside a narrow canyon, and thus have been shaped in an elongated feature, whereas on flat plains you can see more obviously as what they really are: dunes.

The notion of "glass" is totally irrelevant. There is absolutely no reason to see glass in the feature.

http://ufologie.patrickgross.org/htm/marstub01.htm

• Like 1

This same program interviewed former astronaut Brian O'Leary, who also thought that UFOs were ET. He also thought that there could have been a secret space program that sent manned missions to Mars.

This was the video that the Project Camelot people did about the alleged secret mission to Mars. They interviewed Gordon Novel and Brian O'Leary on this one, and also some people even further out there, like the guy who said Star Gates were real and he had been beamed to Mars a few times.

Most dramatically in this video, they showed up at a secret base somewhere and got in a confrontation with the security men, who forced them to shut off their cameras and leave the area. They did identify Novel as one of the "Aviary", though.

• Like 1

thanks TMG......I saw the Project Camelot video interview a while back and through Kerry Cassidy's web site knew he had died.

Apart from that I hadn't paid any attention to him. But he is an interesting character from all the extra info you have put about him.

He strikes me as a bit of a maverick.....maybe....

Making his income and having adventures as an agent, and double agent (even triple / quadruple if there is such a thing... :) )

It does sound like he often played both ends against the middle, which is yet another indication of how hard it truly is to sort out all the players in the UFO field.

It does sound like he often played both ends against the middle, which is yet another indication of how hard it truly is to sort out all the players in the UFO field.

so I am learning.....:)

and all the Mars stuff....it's nigh on impossible to get a real handle on what's going on with all the conflicting info.....

Especially as key people in the Alternative Media scene will obviously be targetted by Intelligence Service employees...

posing as Insiders who are revealing this that and the other.

thanks for the latest videos you've posted, I watched them last night. There was a flurry of activity on Bill Ryan's forum re. the Kerry and Bill video

going on the telly because they didn't know it was on the schedule until a member happen to see it in a TV listing four days ago...

• Like 1

so I am learning..... :)

and all the Mars stuff....it's nigh on impossible to get a real handle on what's going on with all the conflicting info.....

Especially as key people in the Alternative Media scene will obviously be targetted by Intelligence Service employees...

posing as Insiders who are revealing this that and the other.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Gordon Novel really was some kind of CIA "asset" or at least available to be hired by the intelligence community as needed, and that these connections went all the way back to the 1950s.

He popped up during Watergate and during the Jim Garrison investigation of the JFK assassination. We now now the he was being paid by NBC "journalist" Walter Sheridan to gather intelligence on Garrison, and that when this was discovered, Sheridan gave him money to leave town. We also know that Sheridan was a CIA employee going back to at least 1955, and that he was somehow hired by NBC even though he had no previous journalism training or experience. His job was to run stories that discredited Garrison's investigation in any way possible, and they did do a great deal of damage to his reputation.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEcQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ctka.net%2Fnbc_cia.html&ei=43OeUJTuC4W29QTai4GoBw&usg=AFQjCNFHT-ZBs_UgqgUhHyF7GQ3eCn9icw&sig2=yxVlfv2i5Y1WIzX71pWfiA

Then this same Gordon Novel pops up again, claiming to have all kinds of information about UFOs, secret Mars missions, alternative energy, etc, etc. He says he knows about spaceship crashes and back engineering, but given his background we should seriously question how much of this is bogus or distorted information.