Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Blown Ghost Hunters Episode

JackalnChainz

I watched the TAPS team do the Moore Theater tonight, and was once again thoroughly disappointed. The proprietors have not allowed any paranormal teams in previously, and then invited the Ghost Hunters to check the place out. Right in the middle of evp gathering, Jason says "It's gettin' late. Time to wrap it up" just like he always does. He never bothers to see if anyone is making any progress before he pulls the plug. And then, during the evidence analysis, there is a creepy looking "something" on the FLIR (forward looking infrared) thermal image cam, and Jason looks at it and says, "that could be a reflection. Whatelse ya got?" and that was it. Just completely disregards the video. The others immediately had a weird reaction to his brashness, and it was evident on their faces.

This just reinforces my former thread regarding debunking. Just because you may have found a normal cause for the phenomenon, doesn't mean it is the right or actual cause. And it makes no difference either way if you're just going to blow it off everytime there's other explanations. What kind of investigative strategy is that? All avenues should be explored. I'm going to quit watching if this persists. Jason is a serious impediment to a serious investigation. ~Jackal

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackalnChainz

• NoahJaymes

• Regency

• emberlake

Now that's specifically why I like TAPS, they don't take every little thing and class it as paranormal like they do over here in Most Haunted. I'm new to this show but I find their approach really refreshing, I feel I can trust when they say they've found something interesting, that it really is out of the ordinary and that's the whole point of watching this type of show to me. I just don't watch Most Haunted anymore, because they do fabricate evidence and jump on every little sound.

Maybe when Jason sees something that there is an explanation for, he thinks there's no point in wasting time on it because it genuinely could be a persons reflection?

I'm sorry you were disappointed Jackal. If they ever head down my way, I'll be sure to cut two eyes out of my bedsheet and race past their camera ;) to be fair, I think they know that most people want more than just small specks of lights, or flashes on the infrared (almost every time they catch a figure on the infrared it turns out to be themselves - they recreate it and get the same result). If I were in his positon, I'd probably be sick of not getting anything substantial on tape. EVPs aside, I can only think of two episodes throughout the entire 2 and a half seasons where they've managed to really peak my interest with something caught on camera. I'd say three, but in that third episode they seemed to lean more towards elves/fairies/goblins, so my interest was lost. They also spend upwards of 7+ hours in each place they investigate - that's alot of footage to get through.

As a skeptic, I can tell you, I actually find their investigations do more to lesson my doubts. The fact that they rarely find something substantial means that when they finally do, I'm all eyes and ears. If they found something every episode, then I would doubt anything they came up with. It's like when you're constantly bombared with fake ghost images. If a real one is mixed up amongst them, you're less inclined to believe it's actually real.

Evidence to them, is something they can take to a skeptic and have them ponder over for more than 5 minutes. He works with thermal imaging nonstop on his investigations and seen enough of reflections, etc to know what is a reflection and what isn't.

As far as the show is concerned, it is edited to fill that half hour slot per investigation, each episode is about 2 investigations. Hard to say what really goes on during the clips that weren't aired to say what goes on and what doesn't. Their Command Station has two way radios and each team has one, so who is to say he doesn't give them a heads up and him saying, alright time to wrap up isn't for the show. If they were in the middle of something, I am sure he would be well aware of it and they can always say, well I think we may have something here and Jason would give them more time.

I have seen times where they accept podunk evidence as well. No matter what TAPS does, they will always be under scrutiny because someone doesn't approve of their methods or how they go about evidence, or this is for show, or this isn't blah blah.

I think people expect so much more from them and ppl fail to realize these are everyday joe schmoes who got lucky and got to be on TV doing something they love. These aren't actors who read from scripts, who have to tell a story, we all know what to expect hence the shows name, Ghost Hunters.

I really want to see some of these shows (even the rubbish ones would do). If I am going to buy some DVDs, which are the best paranormal investigation teams to watch?

Now that's specifically why I like TAPS, they don't take every little thing and class it as paranormal like they do over here in Most Haunted. I'm new to this show but I find their approach really refreshing, I feel I can trust when they say they've found something interesting, that it really is out of the ordinary and that's the whole point of watching this type of show to me. I just don't watch Most Haunted anymore, because they do fabricate evidence and jump on every little sound.

Maybe when Jason sees something that there is an explanation for, he thinks there's no point in wasting time on it because it genuinely could be a persons reflection?

The point Reg, is what if it's not? There is such a thing as going to far, and ignoring the obvious because there is another possibility. Most Haunted is one extreme. Ghost Hunters is another. There are five more shows coming out by January. Maybe one of them will consider both ends of the spectrum.

I'm sorry you were disappointed Jackal. If they ever head down my way, I'll be sure to cut two eyes out of my bedsheet and race past their camera ;) to be fair, I think they know that most people want more than just small specks of lights, or flashes on the infrared (almost every time they catch a figure on the infrared it turns out to be themselves - they recreate it and get the same result). If I were in his positon, I'd probably be sick of not getting anything substantial on tape. EVPs aside, I can only think of two episodes throughout the entire 2 and a half seasons where they've managed to really peak my interest with something caught on camera. I'd say three, but in that third episode they seemed to lean more towards elves/fairies/goblins, so my interest was lost. They also spend upwards of 7+ hours in each place they investigate - that's alot of footage to get through.

As a skeptic, I can tell you, I actually find their investigations do more to lesson my doubts. The fact that they rarely find something substantial means that when they finally do, I'm all eyes and ears. If they found something every episode, then I would doubt anything they came up with. It's like when you're constantly bombared with fake ghost images. If a real one is mixed up amongst them, you're less inclined to believe it's actually real.

I am astounded that YOU do not see my point. Moderation. Moderation. But one end or the other, and you miss something. Complete disregard for evidence on either side is just as depremental to the investigation...oh hell, I"m done explaining the obvious.

Evidence to them, is something they can take to a skeptic and have them ponder over for more than 5 minutes. He works with thermal imaging nonstop on his investigations and seen enough of reflections, etc to know what is a reflection and what isn't.

As far as the show is concerned, it is edited to fill that half hour slot per investigation, each episode is about 2 investigations. Hard to say what really goes on during the clips that weren't aired to say what goes on and what doesn't. Their Command Station has two way radios and each team has one, so who is to say he doesn't give them a heads up and him saying, alright time to wrap up isn't for the show. If they were in the middle of something, I am sure he would be well aware of it and they can always say, well I think we may have something here and Jason would give them more time.

I have seen times where they accept podunk evidence as well. No matter what TAPS does, they will always be under scrutiny because someone doesn't approve of their methods or how they go about evidence, or this is for show, or this isn't blah blah.

I think people expect so much more from them and ppl fail to realize these are everyday joe schmoes who got lucky and got to be on TV doing something they love. These aren't actors who read from scripts, who have to tell a story, we all know what to expect hence the shows name, Ghost Hunters.

Well I will at least agree with this post. There probably is alot going on in production, including analysis. It was then some producers misdirection to leave an obvious blunder like that in. What is puzzling is that they also left the suprized looks from the rest of the taps team, at Jasons quick and rash decision.

It may well have been a reflection. But I always appreciated the fact that they tested their theory, instead of just trashing the evidence.

I have never seen them accept podunk evidence. I've always found that they are fairly hard to convince of a haunting, which is good. Jason even brags about it.

I really want to see some of these shows (even the rubbish ones would do). If I am going to buy some DVDs, which are the best paranormal investigation teams to watch?

Betsy, you can watch almost every episode on You Tube. They are usually in 8-10 segments of 10 minutes or so apiece, but that are commercial free that way. I always watch "A Haunting" on You Tube. Every episode of it is on there as well. As a matter of fact, I'm watching "A Haunting in Connecticutt" as I type this. :)

But you are trying to explain your views on a tv show in which are your opinions. Peoples views are different. I can understand if you are disappointed in the outcome of an investigation but thats life man. You have to understand, what you may think is valuable evidence, some will not. Just like groups accept Orbs as evidence, others do not. TAPS has been doing this since what 91'. They have an astounding reputation for their professionalism and their methods which was brought forth due to the show. If you don't like it, nobody is stopping you from hitting channel + or off. That wasn't meant to be rude btw....

Have you ever watched an episode and watch them show a piece of evidence to the family or business and you are screaming, WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, maybe not in the same effect, but semi-close. I forget the episode, but it was fairly recent, it was on last night infact. The one where the family takes in the daughter who's mother just died. Steve is sitting on the couch, someone yells to him from the stairs and he gets up and the camera catches what appeared to be a shadow person of sorts stand up.

At first I was like holy crap that is freaking ama-za-zing. Then the more I watched it the more I was like dude that is Kris. The bottom half of the apparition if you will, you can clearly see brightness on her arms, the figure matched Kris to the DNA strands in her body. That is one piece of evidence I will not accept from them. :D

There are supposed to be some other good shows out soon. Ghost Hunters has two spin offs coming, Then there is Monster Quest and Paranormal "something" coming this month. I can't wait. The only ones on TAPS I like is Steve and Donna. And Chris (of course! WhoooHooo!) :devil: ~Jackal

Paranormal State, looks good. I watched Monsters quest the other night, the one with Bigfoot, loved it.

I love UFOs and all that other Paranormal related hooplah but my ability to post with knowledge is lack there of. Otherwise I'd have close to 6000 posts lol

But you are trying to explain your views on a tv show in which are your opinions. Peoples views are different. I can understand if you are disappointed in the outcome of an investigation but thats life man. You have to understand, what you may think is valuable evidence, some will not. Just like groups accept Orbs as evidence, others do not. TAPS has been doing this since what 91'. They have an astounding reputation for their professionalism and their methods which was brought forth due to the show. If you don't like it, nobody is stopping you from hitting channel + or off. That wasn't meant to be rude btw....

Well it sounded that way. Do I need to bring out little Noah again? Hmmmm? lol. I am perfectly aware I am expressing my opinion of a tv show. Duh! lol. But you seem to be missing the point. None of it is valuable evidence until it has been scrutinized properly. Then it becomes valuable. Just assuming something is one way OR THE OTHER without a real look is terrible lab technique, and wouldn't be tolerated by any science department I know of. I can't believe that people that favor a balanced investigation are defending this obvious disregard for evidence (valuable or not...we will never know).

Paranormal State, looks good. I watched Monsters quest the other night, the one with Bigfoot, loved it.

I love UFOs and all that other Paranormal related hooplah but my ability to post with knowledge is lack there of. Otherwise I'd have close to 6000 posts lol

Yeah That's it. It does look good. Ive done the trailer a couple times on You Tube. I was pretty impressed with both sasquatch episodes. I found the investigation thorough, and the evidence was compentently handled. And the show was kinda creepy too! I like that! lol.

Have you ever watched an episode and watch them show a piece of evidence to the family or business and you are screaming, WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, maybe not in the same effect, but semi-close. I forget the episode, but it was fairly recent, it was on last night infact. The one where the family takes in the daughter who's mother just died. Steve is sitting on the couch, someone yells to him from the stairs and he gets up and the camera catches what appeared to be a shadow person of sorts stand up.

At first I was like holy crap that is freaking ama-za-zing. Then the more I watched it the more I was like dude that is Kris. The bottom half of the apparition if you will, you can clearly see brightness on her arms, the figure matched Kris to the DNA strands in her body. That is one piece of evidence I will not accept from them. :D

lol. That one was replayed tonight actually. I didn't know what to think of it...I was getting ready for work. But I saw that black thing stand up and I said "Holy Crap!" Then I slapped on about a quart of shaving cream. Where I'm at, on Wednesday nights, you get 3 to 4 hours of Ghost hunters.

Edited by JackalnChainz

I am astounded that YOU do not see my point. Moderation. Moderation. But one end or the other, and you miss something. Complete disregard for evidence on either side is just as depremental to the investigation...oh hell, I"m done explaining the obvious.

:rolleyes: I get what you're saying Jackal. You're saying the same thing you said in the other thread. That just because people say it's one thing, doesn't mean that's actually what it is. That what Jason dismissed could have potentially been something paranormal. But like Enjay said, what some people see as evidence, other people don't. They've been doing this for a long time, I'm sure they're familiar with their equipment. They've recording reflections plenty of times, and they've also recorded strange anomalies. I prefer when they capture full-body figures moving, but maybe that's just me.

Lol, leave the picture out of this !!!

You also have to realize that all materials are reviewed for hours on end, thats not the part....once they get the evidence they show that evidence to Jason and Grant. Once they show it to Jason and Grant, of course they are going to say...well that is this, and this is that. Just like if my team showed me something, granted I would test it out for myself, if I wasn't certain, I'd show and tell the family ya know we just want to bring this by you, we aren't saying this is paranormal, but we aren't saying its not. A good method to bring forth to someone, No, probably not, but I'm not going to sit on evidence if I'm on the fence about it. I trust my judgement, if I didn't, I shouldn't be the team leader.

The evidence they get, the evp clips, video clips, thermal clips, they are all properly stored and if they question something, they review it at a later date. They have came across something they found later and set up another investigation. I once questioned this very same thing until I emailed them with a question I had last year about file storage of evidence.

Oh yea, one more thing. When they were in Ireland and they got that image on thermal of the three figures following the crew. I really think it was a cow walking behind trees and the trees blocked the parts of the cow making it appear to be 3 seperate entities.

:rolleyes: I get what you're saying Jackal. You're saying the same thing you said in the other thread. That just because people say it's one thing, doesn't mean that's actually what it is. That what Jason dismissed could have potentially been something paranormal. But like Enjay said, what some people see as evidence, other people don't. They've been doing this for a long time, I'm sure they're familiar with their equipment. They've recording reflections plenty of times, and they've also recorded strange anomalies. I prefer when they capture full-body figures moving, but maybe that's just me.

Well thank God. I thought I'd lost ya.

However, I see your still defending this radical dismisal, even when his own team members were surprised by the decision. Sorry. You really freaked me out there for a second.

Oh yea, one more thing. When they were in Ireland and they got that image on thermal of the three figures following the crew. I really think it was a cow walking behind trees and the trees blocked the parts of the cow making it appear to be 3 seperate entities.

I saw that. It was creepy. And those things appeared to be running in the distance.

It's cool though. As long as one of you understand my argument.

Again, I think the most compelling thing I have seen was the imp at Waverly, caught on FLIR. Then there was the lighthouse with something above on the stairs towing with them. And the other lighthouse where the chair moved by itself. Those three things were cool.

Well thank God. I thought I'd lost ya.

However, I see your still defending this radical dismisal, even when his own team members were surprised by the decision. Sorry. You really freaked me out there for a second.

You hadn't lost me, I got what you said, but I was also giving my opinion on the events and what I personally see as valuable from TAPS in my initial post, which is why Jason's dismissal doesn't really bother me.

That hadn't actually occured to me. That was the 'third episode' I was referring to in my intial post (Waverly Hills, and the Lighthouse were the other two). But there were implications that they were little elves, or fairies, which is where I lost interest. Cow makes sense.

Edited by NatalieK