Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP: The Dead Speak at an Investigation

spectercombob

On October 2nd, 2008, my Paranormal Group Teamed up with another Paranormal Group to do a Joint Investigation. The reason being is that the Main Building is 36,000 Square Feet. A Little Bigger than investigating someone’s home! In addition to the main building there is another building (The Lunatic House) that is about 1800 Square Feet.

The Main building was built in the Mid 1860's. The Lunatic house was added in the late 1870's. The main building is an old "County Home". In the 1800's the government mandated that all county have a "Home" for residence that were Poor, Elderly, Orphaned...etc. Basically, societies unwanted. Thousands of people lived here during its operation. From the 1950's to the 1970's it was turned in to a Nursing Home. In 1975 it was converted in to the County Historical Museum.

We gained permission from the County Historical Society to investigate and we found a LOT of Paranormal Activity was taking place. It was a rather exciting investigation. On several occasions we were able to use a "Ghost Box" radio. What this does is allow us to hear the Ghosts in "Real Time". I Will post some of this evidence at a later time.

This story you will hear one of the female investigators speak. Then you will hear a profound statement from a spirit. I guess not everyone has left this building...

Video / Audio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spectercombob

• Agent. Mulder

• JustNormal

• have2know

I clearly heard that...Great catch & hope to hear more from you :tu:

Btw, the sound on the end....did you post that before? If so , did you find out what it was? That is eerie in itself!

Anyway glad to see you and your evps back !!

Thanks too

It's almost clear as a bell. Do you have anymore evps to post, perhaps from another investigation? This is great. :)

Edit: Duh, I just did a search and found the others, lol.

Edited by ennui

There's definitely a voice. But I don't think it's saying : " I'm still here "

What it sounds to me is : " It's 'cause I'm here "

( But that's just what I make of it )

There's definitely a voice. But I don't think it's saying : " I'm still here "

What it sounds to me is : " It's 'cause I'm here "

( But that's just what I make of it )

Yeah, I hear something slightly different as well - but I do hear it.

Awfully long setup for that little audio clip, though - all the stuff before it just detracts. Short and simple is best IMO.

Edited by Moonie2012

Yeah, I hear something slightly different as well - but I do hear it.

Awfully long setup for that little audio clip, though - all the stuff before it just detracts. Short and simple is best IMO.

I know cheesy video but just having fun. I wanted to post what was said before the EVP. I have just put the EVP only on before and everyone complains that I didn't show more. Thanks for listening. (Sorry about the bad vid...lol)

guess we'll take their word for it?

I clearly heard that...Great catch & hope to hear more from you :tu:

Btw, the sound on the end....did you post that before? If so , did you find out what it was? That is eerie in itself!

Anyway glad to see you and your evps back !!

Thanks too

Just wondering on my question there..... :rolleyes: Thanks , that's for in case you answer :tu:

And I realize the cheap recorders pick up a lot of static and different noises & such...but I do not understand how a voice can be picked up so clear and be considered interference. Esspecially the ones that respond to the situation when the recording was done.

And how does a person know the difference ? Just curious...

I heard wind, thunder, rain falling and an owl. Then I heard a couple of investigators exchange a couple words...

I respect your opinion that this was a ghost.....but personally I don't believe in EVP. Sorry....but for taking the time to post it.. :tu:

I heard wind, thunder, rain falling and an owl. Then I heard a couple of investigators exchange a couple words...

I respect your opinion that this was a ghost.....but personally I don't believe in EVP. Sorry....but for taking the time to post it.. :tu:

That is what Forums are for. I never believed in them either, until I tried and heard a voice. I had to get a few more before I was convinced. Thanks for listening / watching

Edited by spectercombob

Just wondering on my question there..... :rolleyes: Thanks , that's for in case you answer :tu:

And I realize the cheap recorders pick up a lot of static and different noises & such...but I do not understand how a voice can be picked up so clear and be considered interference. Esspecially the ones that respond to the situation when the recording was done.

And how does a person know the difference ? Just curious...

Sorry if I missed your question. We take the Audio files home and dump them in to either "Audacity" or "WavePad". I prefer Audacity because it is easy to use. Both are free to download off of the internet. When listening to the file for the first time I go through and mark the time on the file. If it was one of the investigators I discard it. (BTW my investigators are all family so I am really familiar with their voices). After I have identified some areas of interest, I have my fellow researchers (family members) listen and tell me if it was them or what they heard. When we all agree, we consider this an EVP. Electronic Voice Phenomena. I am not sure from where they eminate, but I am sure I did not hear them at the time of recording. Did this answer your question. Also, the thing at the end I don't think was paranormal.

I can hear that one, but it's so clear it comes off as if it's another person physically there saying "I'm still here." The researcher's voice sounds more like the spirit than the supposed spirit does.

I've heard EVP's that I believe are real, and perhaps this one is, but upon listening to it it sounds like it could just be another person in the room.

Sorry if I missed your question. We take the Audio files home and dump them in to either "Audacity" or "WavePad". I prefer Audacity because it is easy to use. Both are free to download off of the internet. When listening to the file for the first time I go through and mark the time on the file. If it was one of the investigators I discard it. (BTW my investigators are all family so I am really familiar with their voices). After I have identified some areas of interest, I have my fellow researchers (family members) listen and tell me if it was them or what they heard. When we all agree, we consider this an EVP. Electronic Voice Phenomena. I am not sure from where they eminate, but I am sure I did not hear them at the time of recording. Did this answer your question. Also, the thing at the end I don't think was paranormal.

from s*** mics that muffle sounds, and basically mix it into one channel. resulting in static and jibberish nonsense.

that mainly where they come from.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

from s*** mics that muffle sounds, and basically mix it into one channel. resulting in static and jibberish nonsense.

I disagree. But that is what a forum is for. Lets hear yours, or are you an armchair investigator?

Edited by spectercombob

Source?

Yes this answered my question....thanks!

Now the other question on the s*** mics.....(as mentioned in other replys)

I realize the cheap recorders pick up a lot of static and different noises & such...but I do not understand how a voice can be picked up so clear and be considered interference. Esspecially the ones that respond to the situation when the recording was done.

And how does a person know the difference ?

I disagree. But that is what a forum is for. Lets hear yours, or are you an armchair investigator?

ive already stated it in the other threads on here. go read.

(and ive stated my opinion in your threads before. you didnt have much to say)

I realize the cheap recorders pick up a lot of static and different noises & such...but I do not understand how a voice can be picked up so clear and be considered interference. Esspecially the ones that respond to the situation when the recording was done.

And how does a person know the difference ?

well alot of the 'voices' are nothing at all. as SC has proven with their evps. because its just terrible quality jibberish from terrible quality mics. mixing sounds into one channel.

and alota the voices arent heard during sessions, only after (or thats what the people say anyways). and alot of the 'voice' dont even go with that sessions thats happening, as in, they dont repsond to the question really. its like they said a word that didnt have anything to do with what the people are talking about.

also, when you Hear an evp you Make yourself hear those words. if that makes sense.

example: a song comes on on the radio, you Think theyre saying this because thats what it Sounds like to you. OR because thats what someone Told you theyr saying, so youre singing it like that when you hear it and it makes sense. until you check the lyrics and see you were mistaken.

aaanywho, thats my take.

On October 2nd, 2008, my Paranormal Group Teamed up with another Paranormal Group to do a Joint Investigation. The reason being is that the Main Building is 36,000 Square Feet. A Little Bigger than investigating someone’s home! In addition to the main building there is another building (The Lunatic House) that is about 1800 Square Feet.

The Main building was built in the Mid 1860's. The Lunatic house was added in the late 1870's. The main building is an old "County Home". In the 1800's the government mandated that all county have a "Home" for residence that were Poor, Elderly, Orphaned...etc. Basically, societies unwanted. Thousands of people lived here during its operation. From the 1950's to the 1970's it was turned in to a Nursing Home. In 1975 it was converted in to the County Historical Museum.

We gained permission from the County Historical Society to investigate and we found a LOT of Paranormal Activity was taking place. It was a rather exciting investigation. On several occasions we were able to use a "Ghost Box" radio. What this does is allow us to hear the Ghosts in "Real Time". I Will post some of this evidence at a later time.

This story you will hear one of the female investigators speak. Then you will hear a profound statement from a spirit. I guess not everyone has left this building...

Video / Audio

Great evp, bro. Clearly says I'm still here, sounds like an old man. Are you in Ohio? What group are you in? I'm an investigator for the Ghosts Of Ohio, and this place sounds pretty cool; where is it exactly? Sounds like WE should do an investigation there too lol.

When you are referring to the Ghost Box, do you mean, I assume, Franks Box? Did you guys actually make the box itself, or did you do the radioshack hack? Our tech guys have made the actual box, but we haven't really tested it on an investigation.....yet. I take it you are getting good results from it?

ive already stated it in the other threads on here. go read.

(and ive stated my opinion in your threads before. you didnt have much to say)

Lets hear yours, professor. As I have stated, you don't investigate and don't know what you are talking about. Just like the sound of your voice I guess. Thanks for your valued opinion....again! Honestly though, lets hear yours!

Great evp, bro. Clearly says I'm still here, sounds like an old man. Are you in Ohio? What group are you in? I'm an investigator for the Ghosts Of Ohio, and this place sounds pretty cool; where is it exactly? Sounds like WE should do an investigation there too lol.

When you are referring to the Ghost Box, do you mean, I assume, Franks Box? Did you guys actually make the box itself, or did you do the radioshack hack? Our tech guys have made the actual box, but we haven't really tested it on an investigation.....yet. I take it you are getting good results from it?

This is the Wood County Historical Museum outside of Bowling Green. Yes it was a Radio Shack Hack. We actually had 2 Paranormal Groups investigate. Mine and O.R.B.S. The main building is 36,000 square feet. We had 8 investigators (2 teams) and still didn't cover everything!