Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Debunking] Thread (mine)

Matt.dk

This is my debunking thread. I am a professional debunker, so in my spare time I would like to offer my services to all of you. If an image intrigues you, please feel free to submit it.

I wont call anything a fake. If I say something is a fake, I will provide evidence, if required of me to do so. If something can't be proven to be false when I debunk it, then my result will be "conclusive". If something is debunked, and proven fake, it will be deemed "inconclusive".

I await user submissions. I'll check back when I get home from work.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• MasterPo

• bo3932

• Please Explain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is my debunking thread. I am a professional debunker, so in my spare time I would like to offer my services to all of you. If an image intrigues you, please feel free to submit it.

I wont call anything a fake. If I say something is a fake, I will provide evidence, if required of me to do so. If something can't be proven to be false when I debunk it, then my result will be "conclusive". If something is debunked, and proven fake, it will be deemed "inconclusive".

Um, come again?

First off, you get paid to do this? You said professional... so I'm assuming people pay you to do this.

Secondly, If you can't prove something false, you will deem it "conclusive"? Conclusive as to what? And wouldn't it be inconclusive, as in you cannot prove it to be false?

Thirdly, if you actually successfully debunk something, wouldn't that be, in itself, conclusive as opposed to inconclusive?

Got any credentials? :blink:

Um, come again?

First off, you get paid to do this? You said professional... so I'm assuming people pay you to do this.

Secondly, If you can't prove something false, you will deem it "conclusive"? Conclusive as to what? And wouldn't it be inconclusive, as in you cannot prove it to be false?

Thirdly, if you actually successfully debunk something, wouldn't that be, in itself, conclusive as opposed to inconclusive?

Canada recently opened this panel that I am working under. I applied, and among 1000's of other people I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen. There are only 5 of us investigaters. We actually investigate paranormal/occult cases, and also debunk imgery and video. We are paid with a monthly salary, but it is not a courier, more borderlining along a part time job.

In my eyes, Conclusive = true. If something is conclusive, then I cannot disprove it. If something is inconclusive, then I have debunked and disproven it.

I'm starting to think I'm wrong about the conclusive/inconclusive definitons though. If I am, then our panel is also wrong about said definitions. :P

Credentials tend to be personal information, and I formally refuse to hand such things out. If you can make your request on credentials more detailed, I'll be happy to fullfill them/it.

And yes, evidence counts. But debunking said image/video is evidence in itself.

Note: I will only be debunking images in my spare time. Video can be posted too, but it may not be debunked, it just depends.

Canada recently opened this panel that I am working under. I applied, and among 1000's of other people I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen. There are only 5 of us investigaters. We actually investigate paranormal/occult cases, and also debunk imgery and video. We are paid with a monthly salary, but it is not a courier, more borderlining along a part time job.

In my eyes, Conclusive = true. If something is conclusive, then I cannot disprove it. If something is inconclusive, then I have debunked and disproven it.

I'm starting to think I'm wrong about the conclusive/inconclusive definitons though. If I am, then our panel is also wrong about said definitions. :P

Credentials tend to be personal information, and I formally refuse to hand such things out. If you can make your request on credentials more detailed, I'll be happy to fullfill them/it.

And yes, evidence counts. But debunking said image/video is evidence in itself.

Note: I will only be debunking images in my spare time. Video can be posted too, but it may not be debunked, it just depends.

I've never even heard of this, anymore info on it? Do you travel to look over places or just look at images?

I've never even heard of this, anymore info on it? Do you travel to look over places or just look at images?

Well, we just recently opened up office, and we only work West coast cases, BC, Yukon, NWT, and Alberta. Technically we are a provincal panel, situated in BC. Currently our panel isin't even listed on any goverenment of canada wesbite, I guess because it is soo new, but we are endorsed by the provincal and national government.

If a case is interesting enough, we put in a request to our superiors to check it out in person, and sometimes we do get to go travel there, paid for by the government, and investigate. The bulk of the work is checking out submitted images/videos from local submitters though.

The reason this panel was founded, is because there has been a lot of reported paranormal activitiy around canada in the recent past, so I guess the big wigs up stairs just figured "what the hell, we already have a panel running for legal marajuana use, we might as well open one for paranormal investigations". :D

LOL! I'm sure the Canadian tax payer is happy to know this is where his taxes are going! :no:

LOL! I'm sure the Canadian tax payer is happy to know this is where his taxes are going! :no:

Then you should try to get to Nelson, depending on where you are situated. It has some really funky places there. Actually there is an antique shop on Baker St. that is quite scary. I walked in there when I was about 15, and was terrified, it felt like something/one was trying to push me out the door. My mom, who rarely talks about these things, turned to me, she knew what I was feeling, and said to ignore it. Every time I have stepped back in there, I have felt it. It feels male and mean.

The Golem of Prague. The authenticity of the Necronomicon. Roswell crash. Philadelphia experiment. Organized religion.

There are some things to debunk.

Then you should try to get to Nelson, depending on where you are situated. It has some really funky places there. Actually there is an antique shop on Baker St. that is quite scary. I walked in there when I was about 15, and was terrified, it felt like something/one was trying to push me out the door. My mom, who rarely talks about these things, turned to me, she knew what I was feeling, and said to ignore it. Every time I have stepped back in there, I have felt it. It feels male and mean.

Are these tax payer funded places too?

What?

Matt said he is being paid by the Canadian gov to be a debunker and I thought it an "odd" way to spend Canadian tax payer money.

You listed a bunch of places in Canada to go so I wondered if those were also funded by the Canadian gov.

Matt said he is being paid by the Canadian gov to be a debunker and I thought it an "odd" way to spend Canadian tax payer money.

You listed a bunch of places in Canada to go so I wondered if those were also funded by the Canadian gov.

I listed a town, and business in that town.

My question to you is, are you a professional photographer? Are you a licensed Paranormal Psychologist, a Demonolist, or an expert in photography? It has been my experience that so many feel they can tell a real "Ghost Picture" from a fake? Unless the answer is yes to all the of the above, I will pass. I have already had mine deemed authentic by the best in the field.

Um, come again?

Great questions.

Well, we just recently opened up office, and we only work West coast cases, BC, Yukon, NWT, and Alberta. Technically we are a provincal panel, situated in BC. Currently our panel isin't even listed on any goverenment of canada wesbite, I guess because it is soo new, but we are endorsed by the provincal and national government.

If a case is interesting enough, we put in a request to our superiors to check it out in person, and sometimes we do get to go travel there, paid for by the government, and investigate. The bulk of the work is checking out submitted images/videos from local submitters though.

The reason this panel was founded, is because there has been a lot of reported paranormal activitiy around canada in the recent past, so I guess the big wigs up stairs just figured "what the hell, we already have a panel running for legal marajuana use, we might as well open one for paranormal investigations". :D

Sorry, paranormal investigators are a dime a dozen and located in every Country, and in every state..One does not have to be psychic, or educated to become one. All it takes is the right equipment in order to gather information. Also to be honest, it does not sound like you take this very seriously, hence the "hell" and weed.Good luck-- :wacko:

I am in BC, and part of an organization as well. I have not heard of this, and there is nothing listed on the 'net.

I'm going to check around, and I'll let you all know if this is for real.

I'm thinking not likely.

I hope it's real coz i wanted to debunk his dream...lol..

LOL and then send him the pictures so he can debunk them. :lol:

I am in BC, and part of an organization as well. I have not heard of this, and there is nothing listed on the 'net.

I'm going to check around, and I'll let you all know if this is for real.

I'm thinking not likely.

I feel the same way, because there are numerous threads with pictures and stories..He could have dubunked those.. :yes:

I will contact one of our group's members who also works in BC Sceptics because surely they would know. Also, although I loathe to do so, I could also contact CSI (Formerly CSICOP) and ask them if they've heard of this.

Both of these groups would surely be up to date on "important new debunkers" on the horizon - especially GOVERNMENT FUNDED ones!

I've done debunking here in the past, I just felt like making a request thread.

I have a Masters degree in Photography, took me 9 years to finally accomplish it. I have ameteur knowledge on Demonics, and have been involved in "paranormal sciences and theories" studying in the past, in university.

It is a government branch, that is pretty new. Like I said in an ealier post we aren't even listed on any canadian government websites yet. We are funded with a percentage by tax payer money, and public donations. We also recive roughly 40 or so cases per week. Ameteur adversiting has soo far only been done, but our advertising budget is currently funded by public donations.

The "marajuana" commet was sarcasm.

Probobly not done explaining myself yet. Oh well, more questions please, I guess. A picture to play with would be nice.

Ok you're a nice addition.

But please...posters, if you submit a copy of photos that is not original, it's already debunked as hoax.