Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chemotherapy Boosts Cancer Growth

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostCoffey, on 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Comparing 1 age group.... lol

Asian countries and other areas where they mostly eat natural food has had a higher average life expectancy for a long time. Nothing to do with medicines etc.

Look at the oldest person on the planet and where they are from. Top 3 oldest people living are from Japan and Japan has the highest average life expectancy.

They don't eat half the garbage we do in the west.
Yes they do live longer, but

[...]  in 2006 [...] In other words, one in two Japanese males and one in two Japanese females are estimated to be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.
(link)
So, tell us more fancy stories.

Edit: missing word.

Edited by bmk1245, 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#47    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Yes they do live longer, but
(link)
So, tell us more fancy stories.

Edit: missing word.

Well that must be incorrect as this: http://www.guardian....s-uk-rate-drops

Proves that the Japanese cancer rate is lower than the UK and US....

Which is saying a lot as the Japanese have a higher population than the UK and higher life expectancy than the UK and US.

So it has more people than the UK living to an older age, yet a lower cancer rate.....

Yeah explain that one.

If you also look further down int he link I provided you can see all the more natural areas humans live eating more natural food have lower cancer rates. They certainly do not have chemotherapy, any forms of radiation etc or the garbage we eat in the west. (GM foods and nasty chemicals)

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#48    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Mods, can delete this.

Edited by WoIverine, 22 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#49    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostCoffey, on 22 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Well that must be incorrect as this: http://www.guardian....s-uk-rate-drops
[...]
Who is incorrect? Guardian, who uses WCRF, who uses Globocan? I checked cancer statistics for my country using data in Cancer registry from Oncology institute (for 2008 year) and Globocan (gives data for 2008). And guess what? Values of cancer incidence rates (ASR(W)) in Globocan differ from values given in a report by 21% (!) (403 - from report, 316.5 - Globocan) for male and 5% for female (218.9 - from report, 207.8 - Globocan). How can I be sure report is more correct? I simply checked population numbers: while numbers in the report are the same as from Department of Statistics, Globocan gives different values.
So, while cancer incidence rates in Japan are lower than in UK and US, differences may be much smaller.

[...]
Proves that the Japanese cancer rate is lower than the UK and US....
[...]
So in Lithuania lower as well (according Guardian), and we eat same crap, if not crappier.

[...]
Which is saying a lot as the Japanese have a higher population than the UK and higher life expectancy than the UK and US.

So it has more people than the UK living to an older age, yet a lower cancer rate.....

Yeah explain that one.
[...]
Data is standardized:

ASR (age-standardised rate)
An age-standardised rate (ASR) is a summary measure of the rate that a population would have if it had a standard age structure. Standardization is necessary when comparing several populations that differ with respect to age because age has a powerful influence on the risk of cancer. The ASR is a weighted mean of the age-specific rates; the weights are taken from population distribution of the standard population. The most frequently used standard population is the World Standard Population. The calculated incidence or mortality rate is then called age-standardised incidence or mortality rate (world). It is also expressed per 100,000. The world standard population used in GLOBOCAN is as proposed by Segi [1] and modified by Doll and al. [2]. The age-standardised rate is calculated using 10 age-groups. The result may be slightly different from that computed using the same data categorised using the traditional 5 year age bands.
(link, glossary of terms; bolding mine).

[...]
[If you also look further down int he link I provided you can see all the more natural areas humans live eating more natural food have lower cancer rates. They certainly do not have chemotherapy, any forms of radiation etc or the garbage we eat in the west. (GM foods and nasty chemicals)
Oh, please, enough with conspiracy crap and pure BS (emphasized), its really getting old,

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#50    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 23 January 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Oh, please, enough with conspiracy crap and pure BS (emphasized), its really getting old,

It's not conspiracy that bad chemicals and bad food are bad for us... :rolleyes:

#51    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostCoffey, on 23 January 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

It's not conspiracy that bad chemicals and bad food are bad for us... :rolleyes:
Ah, bad chemicals you say... Is water bad chemical or good? What will happen if you drink water too much? Salicylic acid (in raspberries) is good chemical or bad chemical? If we extract this acid from raspberries and you consume it at dosage of 150mg per 1kg of your body weight, will it be bad chemical or good?

#52    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 23 January 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Ah, bad chemicals you say... Is water bad chemical or good? What will happen if you drink water too much? Salicylic acid (in raspberries) is good chemical or bad chemical? If we extract this acid from raspberries and you consume it at dosage of 150mg per 1kg of your body weight, will it be bad chemical or good?

Anything is bad in large amounts. That doesn't make a difference to the point.

The fact is GM stuff is bad in small amounts not just large amounts and so is a lot of chemicals put into formed meat, ready meals, juice, and other processed food.

You live in Lithuania though, so I don't understand how you can even comment on UK and US food etc.

#53    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,300 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just thought I'd let you know I knew a terminally ill man many years ago who had his life extended by a Chinese herbal doctor.  I don't remember the treatment but he lasted 10 years longer than his other traditional doctor thought he would.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#54    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

There is still some good doctors out there who try to heal there patients not just give them treatments,but there is more money to be made treating and keeping them coming back than to heal them completely!

The fact is yes everything should be taken in moderation,but natural chemicals in foods are not nearly as dangerous to the human body as artificial chemicals.Doctors have caused me more problems by "treating" me than what i went there for in the first place.I just started fixing the problems myself with nutritious foods,vitamins,minerals,and herbs.Never felt better

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#55    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,759 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Doctors have caused me more problems by "treating" me than what i went there for in the first place.I just started fixing the problems myself with nutritious foods,vitamins,minerals,and herbs.Never felt better

same thing happened to me

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#56    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 23 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

same thing happened to me

Same here as well. Cure worse than disease sometimes. It's difficult to find an actual doctor who will investigate, instead of just medicate.

Edited by WoIverine, 23 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#57    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostCoffey, on 23 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Anything is bad in large amounts. That doesn't make a difference to the point.
[...]
Yeah, but when someone overdoses aspirin or other meds, its "big pharma is about to kill you", "bad chemicals/modern medicine"...

[...]
The fact is GM stuff is bad in small amounts not just large amounts and so is a lot of chemicals put into formed meat, ready meals, juice, and other processed food.
[...]
GMOs and chemicals are such unspeakable evil, that even cancer got scared

Posted Image

See trend 1990-2009?

Let me use quack logic: horrible GMOs and chemicals play cancer prevention role. How about that, huh?

[...]
You live in Lithuania though, so I don't understand how you can even comment on UK and US food etc.
:w00t:
But you can comment on US? Our argument just... What that word... Just silly.

#58    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 24 January 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

:w00t:
But you can comment on US? Our argument just... What that word... Just silly.

Yes I can because UK and US have the same sort of food etc, except the US's has worse.

Anyway the graph doesn't prove a lot really, never heard of tolerance? Also the amount of people becoming Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw food is increasing daily. So all those things have to be taken into account.

#59    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

Yes I can because UK and US have the same sort of food etc, except the US's has worse.
[...]
And what food that would be? Fast food? Fats? Chips? Smoked fat meet? Smoked fat wurst? All sorts of "scary" Es in all (almost) products?

[...]
Anyway the graph doesn't prove a lot really, never heard of tolerance? [...].
Tolerance to what? Tolerance to GMOs and bad chemicals?

[...]  Also the amount of people becoming Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw food is increasing daily. [...]
I'm guessing you pulled that from your back side. For example, vegan percentage  in US  (1997-2008) was almost constant ~1% (you can fit data and see it for yourself). Do you have stats for vegetarians and raw eaters (in the period of 1990-2010 or so)?

[...]  So all those things have to be taken into account.
Bummer... When it suits your anti-GMO/anti-medicine agenda, you simply forget other "those things"...

Bring one definite harm GMOs did to <whatever country> population, will yea?

#60    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

BMK man...it's just common sense, which would you rather eat, natural foods that have been around for millenia, or modified foods that have been around for a few years? Which group do you think has more evidence of being healthy? I mean come on, you don't even really have to think about it to know. Scientists screw up all the time, they're human. No one knows the long term effects of GMOs (or medication) until potential damage is already done. Some people would rather not take the chance, and that is their right to do so. I'll ask you this, why do so many people eat organic? There must be a reason for that...maybe they like staying healthy and not putting unknowns into their body...Sure, sometimes exceptions must be made, like if you're starving, or dying, but until then, why play with possible fire?

Edited by WoIverine, 24 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users