Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American "Death Star" petition

-M7

Link: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/secure-resources-and-funding-and-begin-construction-death-star-2016/wlfKzFkN

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.

:blink: Say what!?!

Sounds like a extreme/crazy/insane way to get rid of all that debt...No one (except the Resistance and Rebel Alliance) would **** with a nation with a planet destroying death star.

Well, they're already 26,869 signatures past their quota of 0.

A warning to any aspiring gigantic artificial space fortress/orbital death ray weapon building independent contractors:

• Like 1

HMMM..I guess a death star is more important then fixing the economy????? AWESOME........

Not that any other nation would allow such a space based weapon!

I'm sure everyone knows this, but reaching a petiton quota only requires the government to respond.

Their response will be... No.

• Like 1

Hmm, need an X-wing.

• Like 1

Best comment:

"And when they actually build it, the Republicans will force the construction of a small thermal exhaust port leading right to the reactor core. And whatever happens, they'll say it's the Democrat's fault."

• Like 1

In four years? that's .... ambitious.

I doubt it will be built.

This gets the award for deadpan remark of the year.

• Like 1

I wonder who they thin it's going to be used against, and what they would do if such a thing was used against us?

As a former Army officer, these are the first questions that occur to me.

Of course a full scale replica of the death star cannot be built...though a substantially smaller version could be built however...as for weaponry; That "Top Secret Death Ray" as primary weapon...not sure about secondary through...

Oh! That would be classified as a weapon of mass destruction isn't it?

And didn't the UN ban any nation from putting WMD platforms in orbit...did they mean just nuclear or all WMDs?

Some of the comments here leave me wondering if the posters took the proposed satirical petition seriously in any way, shape, or form.

• Like 1

I think a Death Star would be an awesome tourist mecca. Richard Branson would actually have somewhere to send his space rocket!

• Like 1

They could always turn it into an old folks home and call it the Near Death Star. :w00t:

• Like 3

If the US built it, the name would be changed to Freedom Star, more for flag waving PR purposes than to avoid a potential lawsuit.

• Like 1

The marketing dept should be shot...we need to call it a "Life Star" that way everyone will get behind it (so to speak) cause trust me behind it is where everyone wants to be anyway....

Its a fictional thing from a movie for gods sake, it cannot be built. Not to mention the billions of dollars it would cost.

Oh wow really?

Does someone really need to explain this to you?

Just build a huge gun on the moon and a base and you have a "death star". They obviously don't mean build an actual replica of the death star... :rolleyes: