Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christianity 'close to extinction' in the ME

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Then you put majority of blame on current problems on Saudi? I say current because it seems over the decades the precise nature of the problem shifts. For instance, when Arafat was being ejected from Beruit by IDF, the problem seemed more to do with politics than religion, in fact back in those days religion did not seem so much an issue, other than over-arching Jew v Muslim issue. To me Munich seemed all political, not religious at all. Indeed, it seems to me, and I may be wrong, that Arafat and others seemed to morph from radical leftists to devout Muslims over the years. If so, then why? were they hypocrits? is this corruption by Saudi/Iranian money?

Second edit , to add that a strong echo of the purely political aspect still exists, in that support for Palestine in the west is mostly, or even entirely, from those with political views on the left, and correct me if I am wrong, does not the left in Israel take a, comparatively, softer line than the right.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 25 December 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#17    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Christianity is virtually extinct in western Europe, they need to address their own door step first.

#18    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,671 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Christianity is virtually extinct in western Europe, they need to address their own door step first.
If the western Europeans no longer desire relationship with Christ then this is their business.  But how does that justify the mistreatment of willing worshippers of Christ in the M.E.?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#19    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,059 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 December 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

What about non Christian members huh?

Anyway in Africa all these horrible terrorist groups are Christian. It's them that go around raping and murdering villages.

I must say, with it being my duty and being a Christian myself, that it makes me sick to hear other supposed "Christians" are raping and murdering people. They certainly don't follow the New Testament in the Holy Bible, which is what we're supposed to follow because it's what Christ left us with.

A True Christian wouldn't rape and/or murder anybody. They follow Christ, not the murderous Roman Catholic Church and other false denominations and sects.

The Romans murdered Jesus Christ, so why would a True Christian follow those sinister people? Ahh, I'm going on a tangent.

Thanks to the rest of your post, Coffey. Agreed.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 28 December 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

I must say, with it being my duty and being a Christian myself, that it makes me sick to hear other supposed "Christians" are raping and murdering people. They certainly don't follow the New Testament in the Holy Bible, which is what we're supposed to follow because it's what Christ left us with.

A True Christian wouldn't rape and/or murder anybody. They follow Christ, not the murderous Roman Catholic Church and other false denominations and sects.

The Romans murdered Jesus Christ, so why would a True Christian follow those sinister people? Ahh, I'm going on a tangent.

Thanks to the rest of your post, Coffey. Agreed.

It's same with Muslims, true Muslims aren't terrorists.

Personally anyone who puts their religion before morals and human life etc is disgracing their religion.

I don't care what religion someone is, they are free to believe or feel what they choose. It's when people can't accept that it becomes a problem.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#21    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostLion6969, on 28 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I like someone not from Europe does not know anything about Europe

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,480 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostErikl, on 25 December 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yet outside of Israel, Christians native to the Middle East aren't so free to worship and live their lives.
That's another reason the US is better.  I just wish the US would promote its own way of doing things instead of propping up and enabling someone else's , including some of the places you're speaking of.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#23    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 25 December 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Second edit , to add that a strong echo of the purely political aspect still exists, in that support for Palestine in the west is mostly, or even entirely, from those with political views on the left, and correct me if I am wrong, does not the left in Israel take a, comparatively, softer line than the right.

really?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#24    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View Postacidhead, on 29 December 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

really?
From my observation of western media and various academics and even "celebrities", then yes. I guess you indicate you may be on right and support Palestine? But I know there is differences in what is termed "right" (I think terms left and right are outdated) Perhaps, and this is only from top of head, right should be divided between capitalists and nationalists, and of course there are a host of other ways to divide this particular pie, though it is not as difficult as dividing the "left" pie. Hope I am not too complicated about this....

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 29 December 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,790 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

It's been well known that radical muslims have long intended to occupy all of the ME. They have clearly proclaimed such intentions.

Their next, own-stated goal, is to take-over the entire world and forcefully submit it to Sharia law. That's THEIR words, not mine.

For democratic countries, the way they intend to do this is by eventual majority population of radical muslims, voting and becoming elected officials, thus eventually changing the democratic laws of a country into Sharia law.

To my dying day I, and many others, will resist their putrid corruption of humanity... at least in the USA.

#26    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,306 posts

• ראה

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

The best protection the Christians had were the dictatorships. It wasn't great, but it was better than they have now.

Waves of distress will soon sweep across the ME. That meteorite they kiss in Mecca will not be able to save them.

Let the black rock catch fire and fly back to heaven. Perhaps then they'll have something to brag about.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#27    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 31 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

The best protection the Christians had were the dictatorships. It wasn't great, but it was better than they have now.

Waves of distress will soon sweep across the ME. That meteorite they kiss in Mecca will not be able to save them.

Let the black rock catch fire and fly back to heaven. Perhaps then they'll have something to brag about.
Who were those?

#28    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 31 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

So, lets nail to fourbyfours together and start worship them?

#29    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postodas, on 31 December 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

:lol:

It’s so funny to me because it sounds so bauštelski :lol:

Never mind me, I just had to express how amused I was.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#30    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,306 posts

• ראה

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postodas, on 31 December 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

To my knowlege no one claims the black meteorite in Mecca is associated with any power over death.

When the entire ME is on fire, will they then kiss the flames?

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users