Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#2611    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

Has there been any change in the Idea that so many people can see somthing and It be somthing other than Flares?
To Have an Open Mind is Good, to Have Proof is even better. To Count out so many witnesses is Insane !
As far as I've been following the Phoenix Lights, nobody that I am aware of is counting out witnesses D.  Clearly, a lot of people saw something that night.  The vast majority of those people were unable to identify what they saw.  The portion of that mystery which happened at around 10 PM has been definitively cleared up, despite the arguments of a few.  The earlier sightings are still debatable, though from the only footage of said event it seems likely to be aircraft in formation.  MCROM posted this link in another thread, which includes that footage and a short interview with Terry, the person who recorded it.

He describes a very similar sighting to many of the other witnesses.  From his footage it is clear that the configuration of lights changed shape, which would be indicative of multiple aircraft flying in formation instead of a single object.  This, combined with Mitch Stanley's testimony after looking at the formation through his telescope is pretty weighty in my opinion.

#2612    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,842 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

As far as I've been following the Phoenix Lights, nobody that I am aware of is counting out witnesses D.  Clearly, a lot of people saw something that night.  The vast majority of those people were unable to identify what they saw.  The portion of that mystery which happened at around 10 PM has been definitively cleared up, despite the arguments of a few.  The earlier sightings are still debatable, though from the only footage of said event it seems likely to be aircraft in formation.  MCROM posted this link in another thread, which includes that footage and a short interview with Terry, the person who recorded it.

He describes a very similar sighting to many of the other witnesses.  From his footage it is clear that the configuration of lights changed shape, which would be indicative of multiple aircraft flying in formation instead of a single object.  This, combined with Mitch Stanley's testimony after looking at the formation through his telescope is pretty weighty in my opinion.

All too true boony ! I know theres quite a few peeps in here that keep an Opne Mind and a few that Look the other way too.
We can all just keep Looking and asking questions and waiting for that day we get Some Actual Proof that will please all of Us !
Cant beleive that Its taking them So Long to Get that Landing clearance !
Look what Flew over my Shop Today ! An IFO

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#2613    someoldguy

someoldguy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, let me see if I've summarized the Phoenix flares properly.

1.  It's possible to calculate how high the flares were based on the angle of view and the distance of the mountains from the point where the flares were seen.  We may not be able to be 100 percent precise, but at least we might get a minimum value for the height.

2.  The flares' rate of descent will be constant, just as any other rate of descent is constant.  (Roughly 9.8 meters per second squared for acceleration due to gravity.)  This also makes it fairly easy to estimate how far they've fallen.  (One problem with this might be deflection of the trajectory due to wind, if any.)

3.  The Air Force wasn't aware that the group had dropped flares until some time after they'd given their initial statement.

4.  The guy who dressed up as an ET for the press conference is an idiot.

---CGM

Nothing creates controversy quite like the truth.

#2614    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,135 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

View Postsomeoldguy, on 04 May 2011 - 06:44 PM, said:

Ladies and gentlemen, let me see if I've summarized the Phoenix flares properly.

1.  It's possible to calculate how high the flares were based on the angle of view and the distance of the mountains from the point where the flares were seen.  We may not be able to be 100 percent precise, but at least we might get a minimum value for the height.

Yes...

2.  The flares' rate of descent will be constant, just as any other rate of descent is constant.  (Roughly 9.8 meters per second squared for acceleration due to gravity.)  This also makes it fairly easy to estimate how far they've fallen.  (One problem with this might be deflection of the trajectory due to wind, if any.)

Yes, but you have to also take into account that the flares are not in a free-fall. They have parachutes attached which allow them to fall at a fairly consistent rate, however, it has also been noted that the heat from the flares themselves will create what is essentially an "updraft" which will slow their descent rate further. Also, the parachutes will be effected to a greater extent by any prevailing winds than the flares would on their own with no parachute.

3.  The Air Force wasn't aware that the group had dropped flares until some time after they'd given their initial statement.

Technically, yes, but take the following into consideration:

- The person contacted was the public relations officer and wouldn't have necessarily been informed of the detailed activities of the flight of A-10's.
- The flight of A-10's involved weren't stationed at the air base, but were visiting as part of training exercises, so when asked if there were any operations being run by the air base, or if any of the base's A-10's were in the air at the time, the answer of "No" is technically correct.

4.  The guy who dressed up as an ET for the press conference is an idiot.

Yep, pretty much... :)

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 04 May 2011 - 07:35 PM.

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

#2615    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,842 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

All too true boony ! I know theres quite a few peeps in here that keep an Opne Mind and a few that Look the other way too.
We can all just keep Looking and asking questions and waiting for that day we get Some Actual Proof that will please all of Us !
Cant beleive that Its taking them So Long to Get that Landing clearance !
Look what Flew over my Shop Today ! An IFO
Slight BooBoo!B-29 Not a B-36 Didnt anyone notice?
Gotta get my eyes ck!

Attached Files

Edited by DONTEATUS, 04 May 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#2616    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

Has there been any change in the Idea that so many people can see somthing and It be somthing other than Flares?
To Have an Open Mind is Good, to Have Proof is even better. To Count out so many witnesses is Insane !

Yes, as far as I know there were several events, some attributed to planes as per Mitch Stanleys statement that says he saw planes through a telescope.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#2617    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,842 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 May 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yes, as far as I know there were several events, some attributed to planes as per Mitch Stanleys statement that says he saw planes through a telescope.

Planes Trains and Insane`s Flares,Glares,Stares. WHeres the UFO`s ? mostly in the minds of the Beholders.nuff said . :rolleyes:
p.s. Come back Badeskov`s We need you back !
put down that Laser thing-a-magiggie !

Attached Files

#2618    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

I have to disagree with that as well. The 'Phoenix, Lights" were not aircraft either, and as I looked at the mountains near Phoenix from the airport last Sunday, , it was very clear that there was no way those lights were flares over the BGR.

In addition, the people of Phoenix made it very clear the lights were neither flares nor aircraft. One of the witnesses has said that the lights in March were the same as those in January and they were not flares.

Looking back into history, similar lights were also seen in other parts of the world and the United States.

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 May 2011 - 02:26 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#2619    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 May 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

And now,  it's airplanes. Airplanes were not involved in the 'Phoenix Lights' sightings either, otherwise, they would have been tracked on radar to their landing areas and the pilots grounded for airspace violations.

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 May 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#2620    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2011 - 04:28 AM, said:

If you'd like to rework figures at a 50 mile distance, feel free.  And while you're at it, explain why you selected a 50 mile distance in relation to the video evidence.  On top of that, show us in your best estimation where the lights were.  Take any Phoenix area map and put dots on it.  Then explain in detail why you would place the lights there.

That shouldn't be too difficult for someone with your vast experience and knowledge, right?

Be sure to include a detailed explanation of your reasoning and any math that you can muster in support of that reasoning.  Anything else (like silly proclamations about how it isn't possible, and you've seen the mountains, and you've been to Phoenix, and the Air Force is creating a cover-up, etc...) will either be ignored or appropriately ridiculed  erm...  hi-lighted as ridiculous  eerrrm...  unrelated?  awww, screw it; Ridiculed is the best way to put it.

I did use a side profile depiction.  It even showed curvature (grossly exaggerated, but even with that exaggeration it clearly showed that the flares would be visible at the projected distance and altitude.)  Did you miss that?  Here you go again.  It isn't perfect, but it is far better than anything you've brought to the table so far.

Posted Image

But as far as your concern regarding copyright goes, here is a simple sidestep.  Describe in great detail how you applied that linked (and copyrighted) photo.  And then provide the other photo that you mention (you distinctly said "two photos", and forgive me if I missed it, but you do leave piles of twaddle that are difficult to wade through...) and describe how exactly they relate in support of your argument.  I'm more than happy to do the comparison on my computer if you can adequately describe the methods and details of the comparison that you have done.

Please be sure to include as much detail as possible.  But let me quantify that request...  please be sure to include as much relevant detail a possible (and exclude all irrelevant details entirely).

Cheers sky, and welcome back from your trip.

Thanks.

I didn't want to take a chance and post that photo here since it was copyrighted, and corrected from 'copywrited, (drat, and double drat) 'because I got hit before by the Mods for doing so in the past. Looking down in the valley from the video, and closer to the mountains, we must remember that people down there and closer to  those mountains, also watched the lights as well, so now, the viewing angle is going to increase.

I was down in the valley and closer to the mountains near Phoenix last Sunday, and I noted that the angle over the mountain crestline had indeed, increased from where the lights were originally recorded further away. The folks of Phoenix have said that the lights were not flares and that the lights were definitely uniformed in shape, like a lamp shade.

One of the witnesses I spoke with confirmed the object came in from Nevada. He was a former machinist who had done work for NASA.

Phoenix Lights Trailer:

Edited by skyeagle409, 05 May 2011 - 02:39 AM.

#2621    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 May 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

And now,  it's airplanes. Airplanes were not involved in the 'Phoenix Lights' sightings either, otherwise, they would have been tracked on radar to their landing areas and the pilots grounded for airspace violations.

Have you forgotten Mitch Stanley and his Dobsonian Telescope already? My my......

There were many events, not a single one, and this was earlier in the evening 8-9PM. And yes, commercial aircraft were in the air. Later in the evening around 10PM the flare drop made this seem more mysterious than it is.

Now that I have brought you up to speed a little, you can see that nobody claimed that the 7-8PM sighting was flares.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#2622    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 05 May 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

Thanks.

I didn't want to take a chance and post that photo here since it was copyrighted, and corrected from 'copywrited, (drat, and double drat) 'because I got hit before by the Mods for doing so in the past. Looking down in the valley from the video, and closer to the mountains, we must remember that people down there and closer to  those mountains, also watched the lights as well, so now, the viewing angle is going to increase.

I was down in the valley and closer to the mountains near Phoenix last Sunday, and I noted that the angle over the mountain crestline had indeed, increased from where the lights were originally recorded further away. The folks of Phoenix have said that the lights were not flares and that the lights were definitely uniformed in shape.

So you have photos that you took and are not copywrited to post?

And you have some calcs to prove your version of events?

I will stay with facts over zealous opinion thanks. I am sure the residents you spoke to agreed with you, or you would not be taling to them in the first place.

Edited by psyche101, 05 May 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#2623    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,405 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 May 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

Planes Trains and Insane`s Flares,Glares,Stares. WHeres the UFO`s ? mostly in the minds of the Beholders.nuff said . :rolleyes:

Don't forget automobiles.

Nah, the UFO's are around, ET is the mind thing. I do not know a single person who has met ET, so I do not understand how the identification is made as ET.

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 May 2011 - 01:17 AM, said:

p.s. Come back Badeskov`s We need you back !
put down that Laser thing-a-magiggie !

Yes indeed, Bade is always missed. Very busy I believe.

#2624    Holmesian

Holmesian

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

A Clean Shot to the Head maybe ? "They Shoot Horses dont they?" :rolleyes:

Not sure they shoot them but some do seem to flog the dead ones quite a bit.

#2625    mcrom901