Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

JFK Assassination

• Please log in to reply
508 replies to this topic

#76    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yes. Because he didn't hit him in the head on the second shot, so he took a bit more time and lined up the last shot more precisely and squeezed the trigger.
This is speculation.

I know you'll say that since no one is on record saying this that "we'll never know", but you have to apply common sense at some point, right? Does anyone take up a rifle and set out to wound the president? Of course not.
Are you sure?  Look, the thing is, the throat wound was not "winging" the President, it may well have been a fatal shot in and of itself.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#77    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

Are you sure?  Look, the thing is, the throat wound was not "winging" the President, it may well have been a fatal shot in and of itself.

Apparently the shooter wanted to be sure, so he shot again, hitting him in the head and assuring death.

If he intended to "possibly" kill the president, he wouldn't have taken the third shot. This is why I say only one of his three shots hit the target he was aiming at, which is supportive of your claim that hitting a moving target, even one that is moving very slowly away from the shooter, is no easy task even for a marine-qualified marksman with a scoped rifle.

#78    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,428 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostIamsSon, on 08 November 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

I don't know.  Do you?
Yes. Because he didn't hit him in the head on the second shot, so he took a bit more time and lined up the last shot more precisely and squeezed the trigger.

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 08:21 PM, said:

Apparently the shooter wanted to be sure, so he shot again, hitting him in the head and assuring death.

Pure assumptions, no?  :)

Edited by SolarPlexus, 08 November 2010 - 08:43 PM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#79    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 08 November 2010 - 08:32 PM, said:

Pure assumptions, no? :)

Common sense.

#80    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,428 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

With all due respect TK :) how can you know for sure what went through Oswald's head on that day? Did you even fire a rifle in your lifetime?

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#81    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,415 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Was this him in the crowd, if so just how did he get up to the room and take aim and kill JFK?Attached File  20.gif   54.75K   40 downloads

Or is this another conspiracy in the making?

edited to add edit

Edited by Belial, 08 November 2010 - 08:52 PM.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#82    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,428 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

LOOOL good find Belial ... where did you dig it up if it's no secret?  :P

Edited by SolarPlexus, 08 November 2010 - 09:01 PM.

Galileo Galilei
Posted Image

#83    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 08 November 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

With all due respect TK :) how can you know for sure what went through Oswald's head on that day? Did you even fire a rifle in your lifetime?

I'll let you read the thread to find out the answer to the latter. As to the former, do you have a point in arguing this, or are you arguing just to argue?

#84    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

View PostBelial, on 08 November 2010 - 08:51 PM, said:

Was this him in the crowd, if so just how did he get up to the room and take aim and kill JFK?Attachment 20.gif

Or is this another conspiracy in the making?

edited to add edit

Since several witnesses saw Oswald in the TSBD, and nowhere else, I'll say this very pixillated, half-shadowed person is probably someone who sort of resembles Oswald from a distance.

#85    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,428 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 09:18 PM, said:

I'll let you read the thread to find out the answer to the latter. As to the former, do you have a point in arguing this, or are you arguing just to argue?

Well i donno you're the one who's spewing assumptions at every turn... Oswald would do this, Oswald would do that... I mean come on you can't tell for sure what he's thinking or what would he do in certain situations that's all im saying

Edited by SolarPlexus, 08 November 2010 - 09:37 PM.

Galileo Galilei
Posted Image

#86    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 08 November 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

Well i donno you're the one who's spewing assumptions at every turn... Oswald would do this, Oswald would do that...

I suggest you re-read the thread. The only "assumption" I've made is the shooter fired a third time because he did not hit his intended target on the second shot. This is not some huge leap of faith, it's common sense.

#87    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 08:21 PM, said:

If he intended to "possibly" kill the president, he wouldn't have taken the third shot. This is why I say only one of his three shots hit the target he was aiming at, which is supportive of your claim that hitting a moving target, even one that is moving very slowly away from the shooter, is no easy task even for a marine-qualified marksman with a scoped rifle.
Look, we're getting buried in semantics.  At least two shots hit the President.  A shot that failed to hit the head is still a hit, not a miss, a miss means the target is not hit at all.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#88    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,428 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 08 November 2010 - 10:06 PM, said:

Look, we're getting buried in semantics.  

I somehow think thats TK's goal  :lol:

Galileo Galilei
Posted Image

#89    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• 1,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostIamsSon, on 08 November 2010 - 10:06 PM, said:

A shot that failed to hit the head is still a hit, not a miss, a miss means the target is not hit at all.

Sorry, but this just isn't true. That's like saying a shot that hits a tree instead of the paper target is still a hit, because it actually did hit something. The shooter was trying to hit Kennedy's head, and he failed on two of three tries.

I agree this is a side discussion, but I believe these three shots were indicative of a nervous and hurried shooter.

#90    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,855 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

View PostTK0001, on 08 November 2010 - 10:48 PM, said:

Sorry, but this just isn't true. That's like saying a shot that hits a tree instead of the paper target is still a hit, because it actually did hit something. The shooter was trying to hit Kennedy's head, and he failed on two of three tries.

I agree this is a side discussion, but I believe these three shots were indicative of a nervous and hurried shooter.
And I believe they were indicative of the difficulty of hitting a moving target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users