Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

black cat attack in scotland

Here is an e-mail i got sent by anaova news

This one goes out to all those who dont beleive that there are large black cats living in the wild in the uk ;D

Woman bitten by mystery 'black beastie'

An Aberdeenshire woman claims she has been attacked by a big cat.

She says the mystery animal ripped her clothes and left three bite marks on her thigh.

It is thought the creature had been sleeping near her home in Insch.

It's the latest in a string of sightings of puma-like animals in the area, reports the Aberdeen Press & Journal.

The woman, who is in her 50s but does not want to be named, said: "The animal was very fast and came out of nowhere. It was a spur of the moment attack."

She says the animal grabbed her thigh and only ran off after she hit it with her car keys.

One of her friends, who saw the animal run off, described it as a "sleek black beastie" about the size of a Labrador.

Story filed: 15:46 Monday 14th January 2002

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarvLarion

• PurpleStuart

• ScaryD

• Crow

.......there are lots of sightings of large black cats in Southern England too, particularly Somerset .....they do think that one theory could be disgarded animals, exotic pets of the rich who become bored.....and now these animals live and roam in the wild, possibly even breeding and so on.....

I have a less wild cat at home......Jess, bless.......she's a beast....

*is sure Jess is reading this.....panic* :o

I think it is generally excepted that there are a number of 'medium sized' big cats living wild in the British Isles nowadays and looking at a map it would be the Moors and highlands that would be the obvious places for a large predator to live.

Funny though, cos Insch isn't as remote as the Highlands - It's only about 20-25 miles from Aberdeen city centre.  Although there is stunning countryside and hills in the area.  Quite a bit of forestry there too, which would give the beastie some cover!

Yikes.  Last time I go hill-walking there...

:o;)

Been mistaken for a big cat recently then Crosis?

;D

Ok.  I know it's sad, but the lassie fae Aberdeenshire who was attacked by the puddie-cat was on Richard & Judy at 5pm tonight.  [NO I WAS NOT WATCHING...honest]

Oh how I laughed at Judy interpreting what the lassies choochter witness was saying.  He was speaking BROAD Aberdonian.  I'm actually from up that way originally, which made it even funnier.

Anyway, it was v.interesting.  And the upshot of it is they've talked a local photographer to set up a load of motion-sensitive cameras in the area (apparently a big-cat-hot-spot) and they'll see if anything comes out on Monday.

So.  Monday 5pm on C4.  Be there, or be...sane.

;) ;D

• 2 years later...

me an my friend hav seen one an so has his mam!

we were out walkin his dog behind his house an we seen a massively huge black thing shoot across the path in front of us!

it musta been 5 ft long and its tail was bout 4 ft.

also in our local paper about a yr ago i ound this...

[attachmentid=5191]