Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

4:44

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 25 July 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

BM, have you ever seen the movie "Pi"? I bet you would enjoy it.

A couple of other great documentaries,
      - What the bleep do we know (will blow your mind)
&
       - 10X10  (short and can be foun on YouTube)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Posthatecraft, on 24 July 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yes, mathematics is clearly part of science.  Numerology, on the other hand, is silly superstition.

Once again, to you it is.

Science or superstition.... Reality or fantasy...  The only knowledge/belief that is absolute is the fact that we humans know nothing.  Nothing is absolute.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    Test Theory

Test Theory

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Love is a symphony, and I but an instrument...

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

"The Number 23" is also about this phenomenom...

Posted Image
"Never Apologize For Being Correct. Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. For being correct. For being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you're right and you know it, speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth."

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 25 July 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

BM, have you ever seen the movie "Pi"? I bet you would enjoy it.

I had never heard of it Biff, but I looked it up on the iMDb site  -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/ ..and read some good reviews ...I need to see how I can get a hold of it, perhaps download it?  I'll see... It does look interesting...   I have been seeing nothing but double numbers quite a lot lately.. like - 3.33  ...2.22  1.11...5.55  over and over again, and it was a bit weird me coming on here and seeing a thread - 4.44... !!

When I glanced at your post, I thought you were talking about the movie - Ai  ( Spielberg ) I was about to post up - Hey I think you meant AI and not Pi  lol... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 July 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 25 July 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

A couple of other great documentaries,
  - What the bleep do we know (will blow your mind)
&
   - 10X10  (short and can be foun on YouTube)

Nice one.. Cheers.. I will look into that also...I love documentaries

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#21    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostTest Theory, on 25 July 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

"The Number 23" is also about this phenomenom...
That film was actually based off a particular individual (very loosely). He linked one number, I believe it was 28, to every significant event in his life. So much so that he predicted his own death. On the day that he predicted he stayed in bed & awaited the time of departure. His wife came to the room to scold him for wasting the day. When she did, she found him dead. It was the exact time he predicted on the exact date that he predicted years earlier. Cause of Death? Natural causes.

The movie was horrible all around. Story was poorly written. Directing was ghastly. & a semi-nude sex scene with Jim Carrey covered in "tribal" tatoos... well... it's just wrong.

Edited by Biff Wellington, 25 July 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

The only numbers that mean anything to me really are 4:20 :yes: :yes: :yes:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#23    Test Theory

Test Theory

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Love is a symphony, and I but an instrument...

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostBiff Wellington, on 25 July 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

That film was actually based off a particular individual (very loosely). He linked one number, I believe it was 28, to every significant event in his life. So much so that he predicted his own death. On the day that he predicted he stayed in bed & awaited the time of departure. His wife came to the room to scold him for wasting the day. When she did, she found him dead. It was the exact time he predicted on the exact date that he predicted years earlier. Cause of Death? Natural causes.

The movie was horrible all around. Story was poorly written. Directing was ghastly. & a semi-nude sex scene with Jim Carrey covered in "tribal" tatoos... well... it's just wrong.

Never gave my opinion on the quality of the movie, simply stated it was related :P

Posted Image
"Never Apologize For Being Correct. Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. For being correct. For being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you're right and you know it, speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth."

#24    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,299 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostTest Theory, on 26 July 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

Never gave my opinion on the quality of the movie, simply stated it was related :P

do you realize, this post was the 23rd post :whistle:

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#25    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

every single number combination must be connected to a event 666 the anti Christ, 1.618 the golden ratio etc, so no doubt it has something to tell, I wondered that if you had a religion, it would add up to a biblical event(lots of reading) http://asvbible.com/john/4.htm hope this helps, good luck

Posted Image

#26    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Have any of you seen the movie 23 ? with Jim Carrey

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#27    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostCataclysmic faith, on 08 November 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

every single number combination must be connected to a event 666 the anti Christ, 1.618 the golden ratio etc, so no doubt it has something to tell, I wondered that if you had a religion, it would add up to a biblical event(lots of reading) http://asvbible.com/john/4.htm hope this helps, good luck

Many years ago there was one of my favorite songs with a verse that mentioned 6:18. It seemed that number popped up a lot, or maybe I just noticed it more.

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#28    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,388 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

At night I always seem to check the time at 01:23 or 12:34 in the day, sure I flick over the time a couple moments per day but it's still funny, just one of those strange things :blush:

Edited by DancingCorpse, 11 November 2012 - 10:51 PM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#29    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

It is written: For love is strong as death.

#30    Zabarov

Zabarov

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Sheer coincidence in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users