Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Characteristic's of a Terrorist.......

rawles domestic terrorist

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

It depends on what you mean by "revolution." If you mean a armed uprising with killing and bloodshed, then No I am not for that. If you mean, revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around"): is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:
  • Complete change from one constitution to another
  • Modification of an existing constitution.
Then, yes, I am for a change in government. My weapon of choice: The ballot

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

There is many many people ready for change in America. To think differently is to be blind. Those that wish to go with the status quo...Well let them go the way of the Dinosaur. If secession is not an option then revolution is. Its a pick your poison. Theres too great a part of America that wants change to continue the status quo.

Sheeple excluded.

#18    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostKowalski, on 16 March 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

It depends on what you mean by "revolution." If you mean a armed uprising with killing and bloodshed, then No I am not for that. If you mean, revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around"): is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:
  • Complete change from one constitution to another
  • Modification of an existing constitution.
Then, yes, I am for a change in government. My weapon of choice: The ballot

Nope, I am indeed saying I've heard people on this very forum advocate armed revolution. They tend to share the same particular set of beliefs as well. So, if you were to tell me that a domestic terrorist threat was foiled, I'd be less surprised if it turned out to be perpetrated by one of the people I speak of than if it were perpetrated by another group that I haven't seen make reference to armed revolution. Isn't that logical?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#19    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 16 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

There is many many people ready for change in America. To think differently is to be blind. Those that wish to go with the status quo...Well let them go the way of the Dinosaur. If secession is not an option then revolution is. Its a pick your poison. Theres too great a part of America that wants change to continue the status quo.

Sheeple excluded.

Yes... "sheeple excluded" because if you counted those you consider to be sheeple, you would not be a majority.

----Seraphina

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yes... "sheeple excluded" because if you counted those you consider to be sheeple, you would not be a majority.

Dont overestimate the number of sheeple please.

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

Edited by AsteroidX, 16 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#21    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

I understand what you are saying Stellar, but you can't lump everyone in the same catagory.
I and many other don't advocate armed revolution. We're sick and tired of the way Washington is being run and we want change. But, IF Washington keeps doing what it is doing, they will push us into a corner, and we will have no choice BUT armed revolution, and I dread that day more than anything in my life, and hope like hell it never happens. If it does, I am prepared, though.

Better to be despised for too anxious apprehensions, than ruined by too confident a security. -- Edmund Burke

#22    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

-Patton

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostKowalski, on 16 March 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

I understand what you are saying Stellar, but you can't lump everyone in the same catagory.

You definitely cant. That is certain, and one must understand that when dealing with topics such as these. However, there is some logic behind it that, when used properly, can help keep someone safe.

For example, lets say your job is to attempt to stop any Al Qaida terrorist attacks. Is there any particular group of people you would suspect of being an Al Qaida terrorist more than another?

Dont overestimate the number of sheeple please.

Would you care to set the record straight? How many "sheeple" to "non-sheeple" are there? What percentage of the USs population wants armed revolution?

----Seraphina

#23    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Would you care to set the record straight? How many "sheeple" to "non-sheeple" are there? What percentage of the USs population wants armed revolution?

0% of the People want armed revolution Stellar.

As for the Govmnt figures I have no data.

#24    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

So basically they are making us behave like robots i mean you guys... We dont have such idiocracy here yet. I think they lost it on full scale.. deficiency of brain power.  I mean this really is a whole new level of stupidity...

This leaders of yours should all be judged with crimes like obstructing the mankinds evolution, simple multiple constitutional violations, killing thousands of innocents worldwide, support and aid to market and baking fraud, the list goes on for god sake..

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

SHTFPlan Source for all sorts of news and updates!

#25    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

There should be civil trials like they did after ww2.. president, general staff, all who go along with such stupidity... all sentenced to instant life in prison or death... They will have the benefit of a trial..

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

SHTFPlan Source for all sorts of news and updates!

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,961 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

All this revolutonary ferver.  Wow.  I wonder why I never see any sign of it when I visit the States.  Maybe its just a few less than balanced people who post a lot?

#27    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 17 March 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

All this revolutonary ferver.  Wow.  I wonder why I never see any sign of it when I visit the States.  Maybe its just a few less than balanced people who post a lot?

All or most of the people in this thread, who see the need for change, want a peaceful revolution, not a violent one. Kowalski summarized it extremely well. It's a change of heart and mind that is best expressed at the voting booth. You don't need to be a "terrorist" (whatever that means these days) to see that we're accelerating in the wrong direction.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#28    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -- Benjamin Frankiln

Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe. -- Edmund Burke

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,961 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Those are nice enough quotes I suppose, but ignore reality.  You might be careful with all the Burke quotes: someone may look him up.

The reality is a tradeoff between government and freedom.  They make a law restricting the speed you can travel on the highway and requiring you to have a driver's license.  Both are interferences with freedom but few would argue that something along those lines is needed.

The same applies to identifying terrorists, especially when there is present in the country a religious belief in the value of guns.

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,961 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Since I'm digging a hole here, let me dig it a little deeper.  Was anything ever really changed by an election?  You replace one political party in power with another, and eventually it swings back.  It's really the same government with different actors with slightly different leanings, but overall trends continue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users