Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you think this is?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,018 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 December 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Santa Clause was flying by in the second picture. Upper right in the trees. You can see his red coat and sleigh full of presents.

Aha. And he told me there will be only coals in your sock this year. *shakes tentacle in the air*

View Post747400, on 18 December 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

that does look rather like the effect you get if you photograph a light, like a flashlight or candle, on a long exposure while it, or the camera, is moving. Although that wouldn't be likely to be the case here, but I do wonder if something may have been moving about in front of the lens that happened to catch the light at the time? Not trying to be Skeptical, just offering a suggestion.

And it’s one sound suggestion, but as you can see from the photo, the exposure was not long at all, whatever that was it was spiralling there very fast. Or it has tubular, spiral structure.
I’m very sure nothing visually matching to the anomaly was falling or floating there. I’m rather paranoid and hypersensitive person (no, seriously, :lol: ) so I’m very aware of my surroundings at all times. I would most definitely notice a piece of plastic or reflective material, and even if that wasn’t so, the original photo, unlike this horrible scan, clearly shows elongated, tubular, spiralling and semi-transparent white something. And I’d write it off if it wasn’t in the second photo too. No bug or debris would make the same effect photographed from two slightly different angles. The positions both of the anomaly and the photographer are slightly different, so it’s not convincing to think a rare effect would occur never before and never again, but only in two consecutive but differently situated photos.
It’s not film or photo paper defect either, the only die-hard sceptic thing I’d possibly allow is some debris in the development process (these are classic photos taken and developed with equipment thought to be ancient today). But no other photo came out with similar anomalies, from that film batch, or from that particular developer.    
That’s why I posted both the Spirit of Winter and this little Sprite of Autumn, I haven’t found convincing explanations for them yet. I’m prone to believe these are indeed some energies that sometimes get caught in photos. How, why only in rare photos, I have absolutely no idea.   
Uh, too many words. Sorry :D

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#32    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

For a couple seconds I was looking for a bigfoot or a chupacabra to be in the background.
Boy was I disappointed. :lol:

#33    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,018 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 18 December 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

For a couple seconds I was looking for a bigfoot or a chupacabra to be in the background.
Boy was I disappointed. :lol:

Now you know what it feels like to be me. Only I look for intelligent life, but the background and the disappointment are almost the same :D

Kidding. UM's crawling with smart people.

Posted Image

#34    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Looks like condensation on the lens that quickly evaporated.

#35    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View Post747400, on 18 December 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I really don't think it looks very much like breath myself, really. I do hope this doesn't make me Credulous and not Skeptical enough to pass muster. But you know something? I think I'd rather be. It must be so dreary to have be a hard nosed rationalist all the time. Use your imagination. It's so much more fun. :santa:

Maybe its Bigfoot breath? Maybe he was behind Helen. Just a thought.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#36    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Helen, in the first two photos, what is the line(about 1.5" long), which starts a bit above halfway down the right side, running at an angle of approx. 50 degrees to the vertical?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#37    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,018 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Maybe its Bigfoot breath? Maybe he was behind Helen. Just a thought.

No, he was sleeping tight like other sane people do around midnight. I'm proper night owl and I seized the opportunity to admire this year's first serious snow. Bigfoot was admiring it in the morning, while he was shovelling it away :D Hoping that was also this year's last serious snow :D

View Postouija ouija, on 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Helen, in the first two photos, what is the line(about 1.5" long), which starts a bit above halfway down the right side, running at an angle of approx. 50 degrees to the vertical?

Phone cable. Standard, very insulated, not damaged, fully functional. It looks white and much thicker than it is because of layer of snow.
There’s actually some 10 feet between the house and the pole but you can see only the illuminated part close to the house.
I was considering the possibility of some weird electric smog thing too, but I’ve took countless photos from that balcony and never got an anomaly like that before.

Posted Image

#38    silicasecrets

silicasecrets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

YOU CAUGHT your spirit.
Possibly the 1st time anyone has gotten a good picture.
Just a possibility and heres the expplantion why its absolutly possible.

Your body is just an operating system for your consciousness.
Your consciousness/aura has a field of up to 8feet from your body.
The brain is a mere comuting device your spirit uses to control your
body.
You can have an out of body experience in such a beautifull scene like that .

Or could just be a cloud.
clouds come down to earth otherwise known as fog and have been known to make some real interesting photos.

As for that tentacle looking thing that looks like wires from a pole kinda,Then it looks like a spidery type alien with long
arms crawling across the skymaybe a halograph.

Intresting pic,its the kinda pic hoaxers would take and run all the way to the end zone with ,making an outragous claim

What do YOU think it is? You were there. What was your impression att he time and why did you take the photos for?Im interested in that answer :)

Dom

Edited by silicasecrets, 20 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#39    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postsilicasecrets, on 20 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

YOU CAUGHT your spirit.

body.

I think this is a lovely idea! :clap:

Edited by ouija ouija, 20 December 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#40    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,018 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postsilicasecrets, on 20 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

YOU CAUGHT your spirit.

body.

Or could just be a cloud.
clouds come down to earth otherwise known as fog and have been known to make some real interesting photos.

As for that tentacle looking thing that looks like wires from a pole kinda,Then it looks like a spidery type alien with long
arms crawling across the skymaybe a halograph.

Intresting pic,its the kinda pic hoaxers would take and run all the way to the end zone with ,making an outragous claim

What do YOU think it is? You were there. What was your impression att he time and why did you take the photos for?Im interested in that answer :)

Dom
What I think that was depends which of my minds you’ll ask.

But first, let me clear the tentacle alien thing again, it’s just a pole with several phone cables attached to it. Nothing extraordinary about it, except that I can’t believe our phone company can’t afford to put them underground.

Anyway, I have the “grownup” mind that would like to know what physical – optical to be precise – effect is that.
Then I have my “original” mind that is unscathed with modern scientific dogma of reality and that mind is quite sure I’ve caught a spirit of some kind.
My first thought after seeing an anomaly on camera display was: a ghost.
That’s not my first photo weirdness, I keep catching them, but I try to remain as objective as possible.
So I made sure I was extra extremely aware of everything around me, to help me decide later what exactly I’ve caught. That’s why I’m so sure it’s not smoke, snow, wind, cable, Bigfoot or anything. It’s not breath either because it wouldn’t be in only one photo, and besides, it’s digital camera, I don’t hold it near my face. It would take Siberian temperature or extreme condensation to dense breath into visible thickness. I wouldn’t bother to post it if I could find plausible materialist explanation.  
Anyway, after transferring photos to my computer, seeing details, I was sure that’s no ghost. My original (childish if sceptics will) mind decided it feels more like elemental of some kind, or maybe a vila (Slavic fairy). Then ouija posted that lovely Spirit of Winter picture and I was amazed with similarity. The artist is obviously tapping the same archetype source as I do.
So even if my grownup mind stumbles upon completely convincing physical explanation, this anomaly will forever be the Spirit of Winter to my true mind.

I’m intrigued with possibility it’s my own spirit or aura posing, though I don’t think I’m energized enough to spark like that. On the other hand, I am walking catalogue of random parapsychological incidents, some of which left my grownup mind speechless, so why not taking photo of my own etheric substance too.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 20 December 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#41    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,025 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

This is the kind of thing I like to see in this thread, people willing to use a bit of imagination rather than just saying "it's a glitch on the photo" or something, which is the usual default response.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#42    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

As someone who has taken plenty of photos with glitches on them, I can tell you that they're usually a glitch in the photo.

#43    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postscowl, on 22 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

As someone who has taken plenty of photos with glitches on them, I can tell you that they're usually a glitch in the photo.

That's actually very interesting, because I have taken many photos over the years(including of churchyards and very old buildings), and I can't remember ever having one with a 'glitch' in it! Absolutely nothing that made me say: 'What is that? Where did that come from?'. Sooo ........ are all yours glitches? *cue spooky music*

#44    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,240 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 15 December 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Yes, I know, I kind of answered my own question :lol: but besides being an anomaly, what do you think this is?
It was taken a week ago, it was snowing, obviously, but I've put a completely ordinary photo taken few seconds apart to show you what the photo was supposed to look like.

Hmmmmmm.

Any chance of seeing the originals, exactly as they were saved onto the memory card, including exif?  (I'm happy to supply an email address by pm.)

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#45    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I wonder did you hear any sound of the airplanes...Maybe its chemtrail. Maybe you are now contaminated. Did anyone said to you lately that you are changed? Did you noticed anything uncoommon? They say that first sign of contamination is music: Jingle bells, jingle bells. Second is that horns of the reindeer start to grow from your head...So if you find yourself naked in the forest, with bells around your neck, eating needles from the pine tree,  you might search for mirror. But thats just speculation. :santa:

Edited by the L, 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users