Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My, my, - ARMED guard stops school shooter

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 01 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Fair enough, and I too would like that. Unfortunately, in my opinion, we're gonna need citizens to be armed to have that ideal again.

On a side note, in the time you speak, people in general were raised with guns, weren't they?

Strangely it looks like in those days there were less guns... but that is OK, to each his fantasy.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

My, my, - ARMED guard stops school shooter

Shocker.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#18    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 February 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Strangely it looks like in those days there were less guns... but that is OK, to each his fantasy.

You're right, there were less guns, also quite a few less people.  They also used to put mentally ill people in hospitals against their will more often.

Still doesn't solve Mexico's problems, they have less guns.  Weird, just like the scenario you all say wouldn't happen here, the only people with guns in Mexico are the police, military, and bad guys.

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 01 February 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

You're right, there were less guns, also quite a few less people.  They also used to put mentally ill people in hospitals against their will more often.

Still doesn't solve Mexico's problems, they have less guns.  Weird, just like the scenario you all say wouldn't happen here, the only people with guns in Mexico are the police, military, and bad guys.

Gun regulations lead nowhere if you have a neighbor supplying your population with illegal guns. And for that I don't need to look to Mexico, Chicago and NYC are good enough examples.

Edited by questionmark, 01 February 2013 - 04:55 PM.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

With everything I've said, I have to say this; I don't own an AR-15 or AK-47.  I don't own any of the 'scary' guns the media is hyping up.  I just want the common people to still have access to them, because I don't buy into this media hype.  You all think that getting rid of a 30 round magazine, or not letting someone own an AR-15 is magically going to fix these tragedies, but they won't.  I'm not any more worried about a guy with a 30 round magazine in his AR-15, than an individual with a pump action .22.  Both guns are deadly, and I treat them as equal threats.

They would both be equally dead with armed opposition.  My 30-06 will leave a bigger hole at the same distance as an AR-15, and sounds much more intimidating.

#21    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Gun regulations lead nowhere if you have a neighbor supplying your population with illegal guns. And for that I don't need to look to Mexico, Chicago and NYC are good enough examples.

Those cities are in the same country, so I see your point (hence why I've never thrown those examples back at the gun control advocates).  Looking at Mexico shows that the guns will just come from another country.

Wait, I forgot, our war on drugs demonstrates that we can prevent illegal goods from crossing our borders... my bad.

#22    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Those cities are in the same country, so I see your point (hence why I've never thrown those examples back at the gun control advocates).  Looking at Mexico shows that the guns will just come from another country.

Wait, I forgot, our war on drugs demonstrates that we can prevent illegal goods from crossing our borders... my bad.

guns can only come from those who make them.

about me

#23    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 February 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

guns can only come from those who make them.

Now we're resorting to vagueness?  Are you suggesting that if American gun makers stopped making guns, there would be none?

I didn't realize Phizer made powder cocaine.

#24    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 01 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Now we're resorting to vagueness?  Are you suggesting that if American gun makers stopped making guns, there would be none?

I didn't realize Phizer made powder cocaine.

No, but as you were so keen about pointing out Mexico I thought I take you up on that:

It is pretty cynic to be the cause of a problem (cause the drugs are not for consuming in Mexico) and give them the means to fight their drug wars and then bemoan that their gun control does not work.

I rest my case.

about me

#25    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,866 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Good to see a guard managed to get the gun from him. How did the kid get the gun in the first place though? Did he get it from the black market? Or did he grab it from his parents nightstand?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#26    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostStellar, on 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Good to see a guard managed to get the gun from him. How did the kid get the gun in the first place though? Did he get it from the black market? Or did he grab it from his parents nightstand?

We will find out...unless nobody cares about the story next week anymore. I'll try to keep updated.

about me

#27    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

No, but as you were so keen about pointing out Mexico I thought I take you up on that:

It is pretty cynic to be the cause of a problem (cause the drugs are not for consuming in Mexico) and give them the means to fight their drug wars and then bemoan that their gun control does not work.

I rest my case.

This doesn't rest your case, it proves my point.  The bad guys (you know, the ones who don't follow the laws) can't buy guns in their own country (Mexico), so they illegally (meaning not allowed) bring them from another country (the U.S.).  The good guys (ones who follow the laws) don't have guns because they don't illegally (not allowed) possess guns.

Us getting Mexico's drugs again proves my point that we can't control our borders enough to prevent illegal goods from coming in.

That article is nothing but Mexico blaming America for its problems.  It isn't the U.S. arming good guys to combat the cartels.  Did you think I would skip the link and take your word for it?

But you did open up another interesting fact that I'll remind you;  despite the fact that our government doesn't want me and other law abiding citizens to possess these weapons, they were more than glad to sell some illegally to some shady individuals down south.... here's more detail http://en.wikipedia....walking_scandal

Yeah, we should trust our government without question.

#28    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostStellar, on 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

That is a good question, unfortunately in this whole 'gun - no gun' debate in this country, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.  Unfortunately no one is interested in responsibility here in the U.S.

#29    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,601 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 01 February 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

You know, I did think you were an objective thinker before, but now I just think you have an agenda, and since you're agenda is being refuted with this particular instance, you're grasping by switching to a broader topic.

I too think it sucks that we need armed guards, but I'm not willing to leave law abiding citizens exposed because of the crazies. Ask Mexico how well their gun regulations work, I bet the law abiding people of Juarez wish they could defend themselves.

Totally different issue. When is the last time you heard about a shooting in a school in Mexico??

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#30    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Seems like the shooter had something personal with the the shootee and it wasn't a mass shooting.  He was also disarmed after the fact.  The thing that worries me, is not the gun control issue but the fact that people are willing to turn the school into an armed  detention center.   Armed guards can't be at all locations at all times, so what is next?  Automated turrets in school?  Armed drones hovering over the schools?  Maybe explosive collars on the whole population?  Unless you want to privatize all of America's security, you have to remember that it will be the government that will provide security for all these places.  Do you really want a TSA type of organization created to guard our schools and theaters or wherever else happens to have a mass shooting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users