Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#361    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

We live along alligators and turtles still today so the answer is yes.

#362    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

We live along alligators and turtles still today so the answer is yes.

They are not and never were dinosaurs.

#363    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostArbitran, on 17 December 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Here's what five minutes' worth of research found on the Acámbaro figurines (yes, I had heard of them; just wasn't sure what you were talking about before):

http://detecting.org...and_Frauds.html

http://www.badarchae...om/?page_id=348

Yes, large birds have always been reported; first consider: do you realize just how hard it is to just the size of an aerial object, such as a bird? I get average crows around my house every single day that look like eagles or vultures from some angles when they're in flight. Reports of giant birds don't interest me in any great way.

And yes, there have been reports too of pterosaur- and plesiosaur-like animals; I find it suspicious that these reports only seem to appear after the discovery of pterosaurs and plesiosaurs. (Dragons and sea serpents don't count, sorry; pterosaurs aren't even slightly similar to the rather vivid descriptions given of dragons, and plesiosaurs would, without doubt, have been found by now if they persisted to modern day.)

In 5 minutes you would see that there's a lot more to it.

You should understand you're not those people. I've seen many different sizes of airplanes in the sky at different heights. I can estimate well enough. It's not wise to judge/assume and I've never seen a "thunderbird". Birds slightly interest me.

Well do you think humans existed before pterosaurs and plesiosaurs? You assume that reports came after the discovery of those animals.

Edited by kampz, 17 December 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#364    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

I can marry my cousin. Well 2nd cousin so Im gona with yes we do live with dinosaurs.

http://dinosaurs.abo...rocodilians.htm

#365    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 December 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

I can marry my cousin. Well 2nd cousin so Im gona with yes we do live with dinosaurs.

http://dinosaurs.abo...rocodilians.htm

Those who promote the idea that humans lived alongside dinosaurs most always mean sauropods and raptors (think "Jurassic Park").

But if you consider crocodiles and turtles to be these dinosaurs because they are related or have a common origin, then you could also mention birds.

#366    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

touche and you are correct birds.

You could even add small species of mammals into that as well but I am very not up to my info that bit.

Did we as Lucy type humans live alongside dinosaurs as we see in the old Black and White movies. I dont belive that.

#367    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm not sure but does camping at loch ness count after all nessie is supposed to be a plesiosaur.  :yes:

#368    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postkampz, on 17 December 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

In 5 minutes you would see that there's a lot more to it.

You should understand you're not those people. I've seen many different sizes of airplanes in the sky at different heights. I can estimate well enough. It's not wise to judge/assume and I've never seen a "thunderbird". Birds slightly interest me.

Well do you think humans existed before pterosaurs and plesiosaurs? You assume that reports came after the discovery of those animals.

I may not be those people, but as a biologist, I've seen my fair share of birds, from all over the world. It's difficult to judge size at a distance, and especially so in the sky, if one is not trained to know what one is looking at.

And no, of course humans did not exist before pterosaurs and plesiosaurs; that's asinine. I don't assume that the reports come after the discovery of those fossils; I've studied this to a significant extent, and have found no compelling accounts of pterosaur- or plesiosaur-like creatures which did not occur after the discovery of pterosaur and plesiosaur fossils.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#369    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

But if you consider crocodiles and turtles to be these dinosaurs because they are related or have a common origin, then you could also mention birds.

Well, if we're calling every organism with a common origin to the clade Dinosauria a 'dinosaur', then every organism on Earth is a 'dinosaur'. Except... that isn't the case. Crurotarsians such as crocodylians and their relatives, while related closely to dinosaurs, simply do not qualify. They are archosaurs, yes, but not dinosaurs. Birds, on the other hand, are, indeed, full-fledged dinosaurs in their own right.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#370    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 17 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

touche and you are correct birds.

You could even add small species of mammals into that as well but I am very not up to my info that bit.

Did we as Lucy type humans live alongside dinosaurs as we see in the old Black and White movies. I dont belive that.

No, australopithecines never saw any non-avian dinosaurs; given they evolved roughly 60 million years after the non-avian dinosaurs... you know, 'went the way of the dinosaur'...

#371    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 17 December 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure but does camping at loch ness count after all nessie is supposed to be a plesiosaur.  :yes:

Plesiosaurs were not dinosaurs, as a note. And as another note, the Loch Ness Monster mythos has evolved significantly over the years; originally it was a mythic kelpie (a ghost horse that lived in the loch and carried anyone who tried to ride it to their watery death), then it was a sea serpent-like creature, like a giant snake or worm, and then after the discovery of plesiosaurs and other prehistoric aquatic animals, then we find that the mythos describes it as such...

#372    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 07 December 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

My point was there was no new gene that had '"evolved".I have no beef with variation and natural selection,but these processes leading to class transitions is something i can't digest.

Well new genes do evolve or sometimes just old genes evolve new roles, but the only thing that leads from one 'class' to the next is a whole lot of allelic frequency changes and natural selection over a long period of time.

#373    spikeman25

spikeman25

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Umm you do realize that if man coexisted with dinosaurs we would be extinct too. Herp derp

#374    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postspikeman25, on 20 December 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

Umm you do realize that if man coexisted with dinosaurs we would be extinct too. Herp derp

Oh heavens no.  Just go to the creation museum and you can see that they were pets to us and we rode them like horses.  :lol:

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#375    spikeman25

spikeman25

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Lol @ creationism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users