Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GREAT Britain=60 million acre island resort

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostMedium Brown, on 02 March 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

They seemingly build new terminals at London's main airport every year

And quite right, too.  Britain's airport capacity is currently not sufficient and we are starting to lag behind our major competitiors in this regard and it's hurting our economy.  That's why I support the proposed building of new airports like Boris Island.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 02 March 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#17    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postdrewiduk, on 02 March 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Just don't goto London, Manchester, infact any of the cities. The countryside and highlands are really nice. Oh the lake district too,

Don't go to London or Manchester?

So you want tourists to come to Britain but not visit Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace, Kensington Palace, Hampton Court Palace, the Tower of London, the British Museum, the Natural History Museum, Hyde Park, Harrods, St Paul's Cathedral, the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament, the Tate Modern, the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, the Science Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds, the Royal Museums Greenwich, the Manchester Ship Canal, the Museum of Science and Industry, Old Trafford, the Emirates, the MEN Arena, the Lowry Outlet Mall, Canal Street, the Royal Exhange Theatre, the Imperial War Museum North, and places near Manchester like Salford Docks, Salford's Lowry Centre and Salford's MediaCityUK, the new home of much of the BBC?

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 02 March 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#18    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 02 March 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Don't go to London or Manchester?

So you want tourists to come to Britain but not visit Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace, Kensington Palace, Hampton Court Palace, the Tower of London, the British Museum, the Natural History Museum, Hyde Park, Harrods, St Paul's Cathedral, the London Eye, the Houses of Parliament, the Tate Modern, the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, the Science Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds, the Royal Museums Greenwich, the Manchester Ship Canal, the Museum of Science and Industry, Old Trafford, the Emirates, the MEN Arena, the Lowry Outlet Mall, Canal Street, the Royal Exhange Theatre, the Imperial War Museum North, and places near Manchester like Salford Docks, Salford's Lowry Centre and Salford's MediaCityUK, the new home of much of the BBC?
I wouldn't make the trip and not spend a few days in London but it would be the countryside that would hold the thrill for me.  Hiking and even camping sounds wonderful.  The rain I can dress for :)  I currently live in the city in the US that usually ties with Seattle,Wa. for the rainiest. Mobile, Al.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,261 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Having grown up on the 16th floor of  an inner London council estate in South London and now roaming on the tranquil canals of England, England has a lot of wonderful places to see.......and it has its share of DO NOT WANT TO SEE ever again places. But guess most countries in the world have that.
I just hope our tranquil and pleasant countryside does not get concreted to help those who do not give a damn about it get rich!

We do not need any more airports, if people want to come over and there are not enough planes or airports, then let them do what we have to do when we need an op....WAIT in the queue til there is a space on the flight!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 02 March 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

And quite right, too.  Britain's airport capacity is currently not sufficient and we are starting to lag behind our major competitiors in this regard and it's hurting our economy.  That's why I support the proposed building of new airports like Boris Island.
Tbh I had my tongue firmly in cheek when I wrote that.
It's just that Saturday brings out my funny side on the build- up to a big game.
I never realised my frivolous musings would have a kernel of truth.
Boris Island sounds just like  the ticket because there's no space left for an other terminal.
Anything that has a chance of improving the  economy gets my vote.
I'll get to this thread seriously tomorrow when my head isn't in bits.
And so would you if your team had a last gasp win scoring twice in the last four minutes.
I'm going to properly sell our great country to the masses.
Not only that but I'm going to keep a straight face while I do it.

Edited by Medium Brown, 02 March 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#21    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 01 March 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Great Britain is a 60 million acre island resort according to British Airways.

http://www.britishai...it-britain-2013

Not that I can afford to visit, but would you agree with them?

Sure just close your eyes when driving past some 14 year old chavs, pregnant and sat on the wall drinking cider.

If you're near Liverpool remember to park your car somwhere well lit lol

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,261 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 02 March 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Sure just close your eyes when driving past some 14 year old chavs, pregnant and sat on the wall drinking cider.

removed.

Edited by freetoroam, 02 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#23    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 02 March 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

maybe i've got this wrong, but isn't someone with a right-wing point of view supposed to defend his country?
i've just spent the last 18mths in liverpool, and your point of view couldn't be any more wrong if you'd copy/pasted it from lamestereotypes.com
live up to your name, mr right wing, and promote the land of your birth, instead of slating it.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#24    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Shrooma, they'll slate anyone who dun't talk proper like them ones dun south. :yes:

When I am queen of the entire country, not just the North, I'll teach 'em. ;)

Posted Image

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 02 March 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Shrooma, they'll slate anyone who dun't talk proper like them ones dun south. :yes:

Oh `ear, its Sauf with a capital S...innit!

Posted Image

#26    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postshrooma, on 02 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

i'm lucky enough to have lived all over the UK, cornwall, somerset, south wales, wiltshire, yorkshire, and it's beautiful. my family come from ireland, which has some great scenery, and scotland looks fantastic in all weathers (fortunately!), so i, for one, am glad I live in britain.
is it any coincidence that bill bryson, the world's best travel writer, came to live over here? (particularly in yorkshire.)
compared to many other places, the UK is very, very green, and that's always a good thing!
nowhere else has such a range of moorland, mountains, dales, dramatic coastlines, valleys and fells, and on the right day, can beat anything any other country has to offer in terms of scenery.
people who say britain isn't beautiful really should get out more and travel it, instead of relying on the bits they see on eastenders.
-a proud yorkshireman and briton.
  And don't forget the streets of London are paved with gold, that's why we get all the asylum seekers coming in.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#27    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 02 March 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

my nickname, amongst my friends, is 'the fool'
not because i'm stoopid or anything, but because of the fact that with all my skills/talents/knowledge, I should be emperor of the world by now,
but i'm not.
I need three things to take over the world-
1) a longbow apache gunship.
2) a voice like neil diamond.
3) a clitoris on the roof of my mouth.
if I had all three, then rest assured, you would all be bending your knee to me, but the simple fact is, I don't have any of them, so we'll all have to put up with the sh!te system of ''democracy''/''capitalism'' that we have at the moment.
unless someone out there has an apache gunship and a spare clitoris they're not using.....?

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#28    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

too cold up there. the weather is always crap

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#29    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postshrooma, on 02 March 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

maybe i've got this wrong, but isn't someone with a right-wing point of view supposed to defend his country?
i've just spent the last 18mths in liverpool, and your point of view couldn't be any more wrong if you'd copy/pasted it from lamestereotypes.com
live up to your name, mr right wing, and promote the land of your birth, instead of slating it.

Its okay the bottom end come in use.

Whenever we have a major war we need cannon fodder lol.

#30    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 02 March 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Its okay the bottom end come in use.

Whenever we have a major war we need cannon fodder lol.
as long as every x-factor/strictly/big brother/britain's talentless/TOWIE/made in chelsea on ice ******* gets sent to the front line, then i'm voting you in for king of the world!!
:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users