Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do We Really Have Free Will?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    jmccr8

jmccr8

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:32 AM

I can't say that either genetics or experience independently or in union are all there is to free choice.One might feel that they have limited options at times,however there is always the opportunity to create additional options,that process is what I would considered to be free will,to not be confined by circumstance.This is how inventions,discoveries,industry evolves by creating new options.I could use other areas of human activity to illustrate this but opted for what is appropriate for this forum.

jmccr8

#32    Justice please

Justice please

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 05 December 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with "right or wrong" decisions. I'm simply saying that in the absence of a soul (or a third basic denominator), the decisions you make would be based entirely on the cosmological role of two metephorical dice. One die being genetics, the other one being the environmental influences in your life. Your "free will" would be nothing more than your own genetic code interpereting the environment around you.

The environment would've been influenced by two different factors: the positioning of particles in the cosmos (in other words, what formed where after the big bang) and all the environmental interactions with other life forms. Every other life form on the planet would undergo this same process of genetics vs. environment, therefore the influences those organisms have during their lifetimes would influence their interactions with you, which would in turn determine based on your genetic code and past experiences up to that point, how you interpret and react to whatever surccumstances may present themselves to you.

It's just huge circle really. I don't know how else to explain it, but I hope this clearifies my point a little.

I believe we are born with a certain character I mean our personality is already made as children. I noticed this for some time now. I watched a friend of mine drive and she was very aggressive. Her personality was the same. As her character was, so was her decisions.

#33    Electrika

Electrika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Just to add on to this thread..

http://www.unexplain...topic=174555

There are four basic human needs: Food, Sleep, Sex and REVENGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users