Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

6 stupid things about the moon landing

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostRaptorBites, on 06 February 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Which is basically a logical fallacy called authoritative argument.

Just because your own personal university says it is a Ferrari (legitimate expertise) it still fails to meet the second condition for your statement to hold true (expert consensus).

So your logic is clearly lacking in your own argument.

Is that University not owned by the government no? Who funds the University? Who controls the Dollar which funds the University?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I've never believed it was a hoax but a lot of people I know believe in that nonsense.
It's just complete illogical nonsense. That's the problem with a lot of conspiracies.

#18    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,888 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Is that University not owned by the government no? Who funds the University? Who controls the Dollar which funds the University?
Every time you use that argument, you just add to the number of people who have to be in on it.  Every geologist in the world? NASA have distributed thousands of their samples.  Any geologist anywhere in the world can request a sample for analysis, so at what point do newly qualified geologists get let in on the hoax?

Edited by flyingswan, 06 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

So that explains why we haven't gone back -- they don't want to not find that we've been there.

I must say Americans can come up with the oddest ideas.  It's something for America to be proud of -- for the world to be proud of.

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 06 February 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Every time you use that argument, you just add to the number of people who have to be in on it.  Every geologist in the world? NASA have distributed thousands of their samples.  Any geologist anywhere in the world can request a sample for analysis, so at what point do newly qualified geologists get let in on the hoax?

That's not how it would work, what theories are the geologists basing their find on? Exactly.

Edited by Coffey, 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#21    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,888 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

That's not how it would work, what theories are the geologists basing their find on? Exactly.
The same techniques used to analyse terrestrial rocks, mineralogy, chemistry, high-mag imaging, radioactive dating.  Using these techniques, geologists report very old rocks formed in a dry, low-gravity environment with surfaces showing evidence of exposure to meteorites, cosmic radiation and the solar wind.

Edited by flyingswan, 06 February 2013 - 03:11 PM.

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#22    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,169 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

The same techniques used to analyse terrestrial rocks, mineralogy, chemistry, high-mag imaging, radioactive dating.  Using these techniques, geologists report very old rocks formed in a dry, low-gravity environment with surfaces showing evidence of exposure to meteorites, cosmic radiation and the solar wind.
Or put another way, rocks that can't possibly have been formed on Earth.

It should also be noted that the Apollo samples are not the only samples returned from the moon. The Soviets returned (albeit a considerably smaller quantity) via their Luna unmanned missions. The analysis of these samples are consistent with the Apollo samples, so either the Apollo samples are genuine or the Soviet Union and the USA collaborated and got their fake samples from the same source.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#23    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,169 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

It should also be noted that those Apollo samples continue to be analysed and continue to convince geologist from around the world that they are of a genuine Lunar origin.

How did NASA know, in 1969, what techniques would be available to geologists more than forty years in the future? How could they possibly have foreseen these techniques and faked the rocks so well that they continue to fool every expert in the world today?

Either all the world's geologists are in on the hoax, and in 46 years not one of them has come forward to expose the conspiracy (or even inadvertently made a mistake exposing it) or the rocks are genuine. Unless of course NASA has access to time travel.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#24    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,406 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Only 6 stupid things about the hoax hypothesis? Oh, I'm pretty sure there are more than 6 stupid things. Just sayin' :whistle:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#25    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postflyingswan, on 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

All based on what we are TOLD about the moon..... :whistle:

Can you not see that. lol

I'm not saying I believe it's a hoax, but if it was then everything we are told about he moon could be wrong. lol

#26    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,406 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

...I'm not saying I believe it's a hoax, but if it was then everything we are told about he moon could be wrong. lol

Oh sure...for all we know the moon may not even exist!

See link for this ground breaking conspiracy! http://www.revisioni.../Moon/Moon3.htm

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#27    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,124 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 February 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Only 6 stupid things about the hoax hypothesis? Oh, I'm pretty sure there are more than 6 stupid things. Just sayin' :whistle:

I agree! To further add, a stupid thing to say is that the United States spent billions of dollars to hoax moon missions that could have easily been revealed while spending billions of dollars on the Vietnam war  and dealing with high inflation . The best thing to have said if a moon mission was impossible,was to simply say, we can't do it, and leave it at that, but as the facts and evidence have it, the United States did indeed, send men to the moon, and that has been confirmed by other countries as well.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#28    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostLilly, on 06 February 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Oh sure...for all we know the moon may not even exist!

See link for this ground breaking conspiracy! http://www.revisioni.../Moon/Moon3.htm

Well i don't believe any of it was a Hoax, I'm just making points here that if it was a hoax then they are saying that the evidence, which would only be evidence if we had actually been there backs up thta we where there. Can you not see the flaw int hat? lol

It's funny really.

The only clear undeniable point the guy int he video made was about the amount of people that would have to be involved, his other points have no ground to stand on.

Anyway, have you ever been to the moon? Have you touched it?

Do you believe a government who has lied before and is run by a private bank?

That's the thing right there. I don't think it was a hoax, but I also don't think that from being told by people who I don't trust. if people don't want to believe it happened and don't trust what people say, then they have good reason to and have the right to that opinion.

View Postskyeagle409, on 06 February 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I agree! To further add, a stupid thing to say is that the United States spent billions of dollars to hoax moon missions that could have easily been revealed while spending billions of dollars on the Vietnam war  and dealing with high inflation . The best thing to have said if a moon mission was impossible,was to simply say, we can't do it, and leave it at that, but as the facts and evidence have it, the United States did indeed, send men to the moon, and that has been confirmed by other countries as well.

That';s not a solid reason at all.

The money being spent was a good thing for those in charge. lol

They could have even been shifting the money somewhere else if it was a hoax. lol Even better for them.

If they let the Soviets get there first, they would have lost their place as the global leader. Which means the years since then could have been very different.

Edited by Coffey, 06 February 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#29    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,124 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm not saying I believe it's a hoax, but if it was then everything we are told about he moon could be wrong. lol

Next on the agenda; The moon is a hologram created by NASA in order to justify the spending of billions in its budget.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 06 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Next on the agenda; The moon is a hologram created by NASA in order to justify the spending of billions in its budget.

As I said I don't believe that nonsense so trying to make me out to sound like a conspiracy theorist who believes that doesn't work. Typical attempt of the brainwashed slave though. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users