Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Positive thoughts about yourself

Luxord

Hi. This posts purpose is for you and I to discuss and express our positive beliefs and feelings about ourselves. Here is mine. It is more like a poem and is long, but I also put a lot of heart into it.

I believe I am a special and unique individual. I believe I am precious and have much to offer the world and the rest of creation. I believe that just my existence alone is enough to dramatically impact the world in a positive way, or at least, I will depending on my actions and energy. I believe that when I am really excited and happy my energy is affecting the world around me. I believe I give hope and inspiration to other dimensional beings. I believe I act as a beacon of hope for others consciously or unconsciously. I believe that my soul and heart contains feelings and something very valuable, sacred and priceless; something divine and important; something that is a part of and reflects the essence and fabric of all of creation. I believe that when I have feelings that are fathomlessly special and holy, I am connecting to god, my soul, and creation itself. I believe that act of connection gives off an unique and powerful energy that permeates throughout the entire universe and beyond. I believe that the emotional release and rollercoaster I go on has the force of god itself contained in it. I believe that music acts as the gateway drug to the soul. A drug that is potent, special, and magical. I believe it is wondrous and awe-filled. Actually, no, it is more than just a scientifically labeled drug, it is life itself expressed in the form of sound. I believe and feel that you are literally hearing the sound of some ones hope, some ones pain, some ones love, and a whole array of fantastic emotions and energy. Finally, I believe that not only does music contain the very essence of life itself but that because of this it isn’t limited to just the heart. It can contains (and often does) the essence of ideas, dreams, imagination, and anything to do with the mind, the physical world such as color AND the heart. I cry and cry constantly listening to music. What causes this? Surely, it is more than just a chemical reaction brought on by natural responses to external stimuli. No, I am sure music is alive in its own right. It is special. It is precious. It is wondrous. It is life incarnate into sound. In the end, I become one with myself and no longer experience life as a detached wretched person. Instead, I am free and can explore me and the god of life. souly refreshing I feel.

However, doubt and darkness begins to creep into my mind. The CD in my head kicks on and plays the horrors of my mind and emotions. I am trapped in my own pit. Bullies are heard from all around me, but there is no sound to be heard. I can FEEL the pressure of society and darkness wanting me to fail and fall towards oblivion. I can FEEL it creeping up on me and sending chills of agony down my spine. My schizophrenia powers on and controls my very mind in a insane grip of madness. “Who am I?” “What is real?” “What those people in my psychosis demons? Did the devil try to take my soul away? What is real if nothing matters and it’s all an illusion?” In response, I put up a fight I can only win out of a miracle. Miraculously, I seem to be winning. But then my cd pulls a feint and comes in with an schizophrenic uppercut. I am dazed and confused. I struggle to gain my bearings while I see shadows of evil play across my vision. “****, not those fake coughs again. Not…..those fake laughs of emptiness….” Out of redundancy, I come back alive with joy and bliss when I listen to music. No matter what negative judgment I make towards it or feeling of “Ok, this is getting old.” The music is still special and precious. And since that music contains the essence and energy of me and all the parts of me; my emotion, pain, hope, mind, and soul; I can get through it and once again enjoy a sense of ecstasy that is on another level than normal emotions. As I tire of writing this, I doubt myself and my future. Since music is the only thing I can hold onto, I feel redundant and repetitive writing or even thinking about it. Thankfully, however, I can sleep well knowing That special feeling is always available to me. It’s inside of me. IT IS ME! Goodnight.

post-104277-0-63870200-1424963418_thumb.

Edited by tomatoedrama
  • Like 7

Spoken like a true king . I was wondering if you play any musical instruments ? What if you're a prodigy and you don't it ? You have a divine awareness with music I'm thining it's for a purpose. I enjoy reading everything you share here . you're very captivating . If you're not playing music I'd be surprised . You're probably like an Amadeus or someone of that magnificence.You have a beautiful soul. And It shows .

• Like 1

Okay here goes mine:

I am 'expletive of your choice' awesome!

thank ya very much

• Like 5

Okay here goes mine:

I am 'expletive of your choice' awesome!

thank ya very much

LOL. Actually, I am a little confused. I looked up expletive and it said "An oath or swear word.". Out of this, I don't eally understand what your saying. Made me laugh though. Edited by tomatoedrama
  • Like 3

LOL. Actually, I am a little confused. I looked up expletive and it said "An oath or swear word.". Out of this, I don't eally understand what your saying. Made me laugh though.

Joc is giving himself praise . he's saying he's f/n awesome.. I think. Yeah he's saying that today about himself. lol

• Like 2

LOL. Actually, I am a little confused. I looked up expletive and it said "An oath or swear word.". Out of this, I don't really understand what your saying. Made me laugh though.

Glad I made you laugh...laughter is kind of like music you know...it has its own life. Yeah, I was just saying that, 'I am 'blanking' awesome!' lol...freaking awesome...mama-freaking awesome...whatever...lol

I have read your entire post...although admittedly I did not at first. I too believe that music is alive. Some notes, some chords, some vocalizations just seem to reach deep into my soul and pull something wonderful into consciousness.

You know...Brains are like trains...sometimes they jump the track for no apparent reason. But one thing I always keep in the forefront of my mind is: I do not doubt the wisdom of the Universe. I believe there is a Universal Flow...and that when we give ourselves over to that Flow...and allow it to take us where it will...great things happen. When we try to create our own flow outside of that force...we get lost in the eddies...going around in circles aimlessly.

Most of my Positive Thought Philosophy can be found in a few words that I repeat daily...as needed...I can! And the rest of my thought is: I Can...and so can you! We are only limited by our own imaginations.

I was totally lost until the age of 27 when I was introduced to Dr. Napoleon Hill's book, Think and Grow Rich. His words in this wonderful book literally changed my life forever. For those who have a desire to succeed in any undertaking and seek purpose in life, I wholeheartedly offer the following: Dr. Napoleon Hill himself. His words are immortal. Bookmark it...listen to it at your leisure...or buy the book and read it. I read it..over..and over...and over again. I either underlined or highlighted almost every sentence in the entire book.

I give you: Dr. Napoleon Hill:

• Like 3

I am glad you think so highly of yourself joc. Really, I am.

Myself..I am just one among billions. Good enough.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

I am glad you think so highly of yourself joc.

So are you asking the rest of us to say something of ourselves too or what??

I'm not...but Tomatoedrama is:

Hi. This posts purpose is for you and I to discuss and express our positive beliefs and feelings about ourselves. Here is mine. It is more like a poem and is long, but I also put a lot of heart into it.

• Like 1

I'm not...but Tomatoedrama is:

Sorry....

I am glad you think so highly of yourself too, tomatoedrama. Really, I am

Edited by Ryu

Sorry....

I am glad you think so highly of yourself too, tomatoedrama. Really, I am

My thinking is that...we should all think highly of ourselves...that we should all be our very own best friend. What do you think Ryu?

• Like 2

My thinking is that...we should all think highly of ourselves...that we should all be our very own best friend. What do you think Ryu?

(shrugs) I could never get with this self esteem stuff even when I was a kid back in the seventies. It just never made sense to me to blarg out all this stuff just because I was coached or prompted to say stuff. Just seemed so arrogant.

Like I said, I am just one among billions. Nothing more to say.

I do not and cannot buy into this "I love me" or "I am SO speshul" stuff.

• Like 1

(shrugs) I could never get with this self esteem stuff even when I was a kid back in the seventies. It just never made sense to me to blarg out all this stuff just because I was coached or prompted to say stuff. Just seemed so arrogant.

...and yet you wholeheartedly buy into this...Born to Fail...stuff. You are what you think Ryu. See your future. Be your future. :)

• Like 1

...and yet you wholeheartedly buy into this...Born to Fail...stuff. You are what you think Ryu. See your future. Be your future. :)

Whatever. There are plenty of people who think they're so wonderful and great yet cannot even hold a job. 'nuff said.

• Like 1

Whatever. There are plenty of people who think they're so wonderful and great yet cannot even hold a job. 'nuff said.

You are missing something somewhere in all of this. Please...allow me the attempt to try and explain it:

I'm not really saying that I am so wonderful. When I said, I am so 'blanking' awesome!, that is kind of 'tongue in cheek' humor. The fact is...I am what I am. As are we all. We are all human. We all have faults. We all have our own unique problems in life.

I know from personal experience that...when I say Can't..then I Don't. Whatever it is. It is only when I say Can that I am successful. I can do this! It is a positive affirmation. Being positive isn't about procaiming 'self love' as in...hey, look at me, I am great, I am awesome, I'm the best, certainly better than you!...no, it is about programming your mind to succeed in whatever undertaking you wish to succeed at.

It isn't that I am saying...look how great I am. It is me telling me...come on dude...you can do this. Like the little train that thought it could.

• Like 2

I agree with you. I just like communicating my thoughts and feelings instead of letting them stay in my mind. It isn't healthy for me. Don't take me as a person who prances around preaching about love. I have doubts and realistic perceptions of the world, which actually downplays the idea of love or appreciation. I posted this because I felt like it. It excited me and I wanted to give people a chance to think of THEIR positive thoughts and feelings about themselves. And admittedly, I am selfish and have a lot of pride in my own way. It permeates throughout everything I do since it is a part of me. However, just because I am doesn't mean that was my intention with this post. So, in short, yes, I think highly of myself or want to in my own way. But that doesn't mean I don't care and just posted this because I wanted my pride to get bigger. Thanks for sharing. It makes me think. :) Also, my beliefs and feelings about love, appreciation, and deep meaning in life is very special to me. I hold it close and it feels right. I value it and is different than what most people on spiritual websites seem to do, where they just throw around words that seem positive left and right. I feel your opinion and I am similar in opinion too. Edited by tomatoedrama
  • Like 2

I'm a drop on the sand from the ninth wave...

cormirant%20Sansmall_zps3rc0xvpe.jpg]

• Like 3

I am surprised that perhaps through sheer insanity I stand against all odd. Making the seemingly impossible happen and for some crazy reasoning refusing to give up.

• Like 4

I am surprised that perhaps through sheer insanity I stand against all odd. Making the seemingly impossible happen and for some crazy reasoning refusing to give up.

I know what you mean...I truly, truly, do....

These lyrics from Shine Down resonate with me:

I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain

Somehow I'm still here to explain

• Like 4

I did my best to try not to hurt other people and myself. I am trying to live my life the best that I can, even though I made lots of mistakes and learned some wrong lessons.

• Like 3

Perhaps you need a little dose of TA (that's transactional analysis ) It was an in thing during my psychology courses at uni I was quite reserved and shy until those encounter groups but they really changed me. Only when you find the beauty power and strength within yourself can you find it in the world. It is not arrogant and don't let anyone tell you it is (Parents, siblings, and school peers often try to "keep us in our place.) We are all different, but all of us are equally beautiful powerful and gifted. The tragedy is that until we realise this, we hold ourselves back from our full potentials

• Like 2

You are missing something somewhere in all of this. Please...allow me the attempt to try and explain it:

I'm not really saying that I am so wonderful. When I said, I am so 'blanking' awesome!, that is kind of 'tongue in cheek' humor. The fact is...I am what I am. As are we all. We are all human. We all have faults. We all have our own unique problems in life.

I know from personal experience that...when I say Can't..then I Don't. Whatever it is. It is only when I say Can that I am successful. I can do this! It is a positive affirmation. Being positive isn't about procaiming 'self love' as in...hey, look at me, I am great, I am awesome, I'm the best, certainly better than you!...no, it is about programming your mind to succeed in whatever undertaking you wish to succeed at.

It isn't that I am saying...look how great I am. It is me telling me...come on dude...you can do this. Like the little train that thought it could.

Oh I loved that little train. 78 vinyl on an old Philips 3 in one stereo gram. I just loved it when it got to the top of the hill and began going "I knew I could I knew I could." faster and faster and accompanied by a shrill whistle. My dad worked on the railways which added meaning and poignancy to the track for me but it summed up my parents teachings to me that could do anything I wanted to, and be anything I chose to be..

Whoops my dad taught me early that it was an engine, (the driving force) not a train, which was the whole kit and caboodle from engine to brake van.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

I know the good that the thread is trying to do but at the same time it feels almost scary and embarassing to post all the lovely things about myself! :passifier:

Deep down I think positively of myself but have difficulty telling the world about it.

• Like 2

I know the good that the thread is trying to do but at the same time it feels almost scary and embarassing to post all the lovely things about myself! :passifier:

Deep down I think positively of myself but have difficulty telling the world about it.

You just need to practice it more. It gets easier all the time.

Seriously; ask yourself what you have been taught which makes you feel that way.

• Like 1

Perhaps you need a little dose of TA (that's transactional analysis ) It was an in thing during my psychology courses at uni I was quite reserved and shy until those encounter groups but they really changed me. Only when you find the beauty power and strength within yourself can you find it in the world. It is not arrogant and don't let anyone tell you it is (Parents, siblings, and school peers often try to "keep us in our place.) We are all different, but all of us are equally beautiful powerful and gifted. The tragedy is that until we realize this, we hold ourselves back from our full potentials

Thanks but I don't need to be changed. Like I said, I am just a person among billions, once I fully realized that then all this self esteem stuff just seemed even more silly.

As a side note, when I seen transactional analysis I thought it said "Transatlantic analysis" :blink:

I did my best to try not to hurt other people and myself.

Wish more people in this world would endeavor to do that.

• Like 3

I believe I am a special and unique individual. I believe I am precious and have much to offer the world and the rest of creation. I believe that just my existence alone is enough to dramatically impact the world in a positive way, or at least, I will depending on my actions and energy. I believe that when I am really excited and happy my energy is affecting the world around me. I believe I give hope and inspiration to other dimensional beings. I believe I act as a beacon of hope for others consciously or unconsciously. I believe that my soul and heart contains feelings and something very valuable, sacred and priceless; something divine and important; something that is a part of and reflects the essence and fabric of all of creation. I believe that when I have feelings that are fathomlessly special and holy, I am connecting to god, my soul, and creation itself. I believe that act of connection gives off an unique and powerful energy that permeates throughout the entire universe and beyond. I believe that the emotional release and rollercoaster I go on has the force of god itself contained in it. I believe that music acts as the gateway drug to the soul. A drug that is potent, special, and magical. I believe it is wondrous and awe-filled. Actually, no, it is more than just a scientifically labeled drug, it is life itself expressed in the form of sound. I believe and feel that you are literally hearing the sound of some ones hope, some ones pain, some ones love, and a whole array of fantastic emotions and energy. Finally, I believe that not only does music contain the very essence of life itself but that because of this it isn’t limited to just the heart. It can contains (and often does) the essence of ideas, dreams, imagination, and anything to do with the mind, the physical world such as color AND the heart. I cry and cry constantly listening to music. What causes this? Surely, it is more than just a chemical reaction brought on by natural responses to external stimuli. No, I am sure music is alive in its own right. It is special. It is precious. It is wondrous. It is life incarnate into sound. In the end, I become one with myself and no longer experience life as a detached wretched person. Instead, I am free and can explore me and the god of life. souly refreshing I feel.

However, doubt and darkness begins to creep into my mind. The CD in my head kicks on and plays the horrors of my mind and emotions. I am trapped in my own pit. Bullies are heard from all around me, but there is no sound to be heard. I can FEEL the pressure of society and darkness wanting me to fail and fall towards oblivion. I can FEEL it creeping up on me and sending chills of agony down my spine. My schizophrenia powers on and controls my very mind in a insane grip of madness. “Who am I?” “What is real?” “What those people in my psychosis demons? Did the devil try to take my soul away? What is real if nothing matters and it’s all an illusion?” In response, I put up a fight I can only win out of a miracle. Miraculously, I seem to be winning. But then my cd pulls a feint and comes in with an schizophrenic uppercut. I am dazed and confused. I struggle to gain my bearings while I see shadows of evil play across my vision. “****, not those fake coughs again. Not…..those fake laughs of emptiness….” Out of redundancy, I come back alive with joy and bliss when I listen to music. No matter what negative judgment I make towards it or feeling of “Ok, this is getting old.” The music is still special and precious. And since that music contains the essence and energy of me and all the parts of me; my emotion, pain, hope, mind, and soul; I can get through it and once again enjoy a sense of ecstasy that is on another level than normal emotions. As I tire of writing this, I doubt myself and my future. Since music is the only thing I can hold onto, I feel redundant and repetitive writing or even thinking about it. Thankfully, however, I can sleep well knowing That special feeling is always available to me. It’s inside of me. IT IS ME! Goodnight.

My personal feelings on this, and I think this is beautiful too, is that your positive beliefs of yourself coupled with the joy of music and how it can heal you, (I feel that strongly) I think will get you through the hard times in life. :):yes: There are so many pieces of music that I turn too in times of hard. There are words in music that resonant with me. And I think, that you see your positive self through the music you turn too. :tu:

Glad I made you laugh...laughter is kind of like music you know...it has its own life.

I agree on that. I strongly believe that laughter is just precious as music and just as healing. :yes:

And thought I'm familiar to the book you are talking about. I have never read it. It's asked for big time. I may need to check that book out.

Oh man, I get that. ( I was kid of the seventies too) I think this thread is different though. I praise the OP in doing this. I think it's kind of like Ellapenella's thread, "What touches your soul" thread, in which you talk about the positive things in life. Giving a little good spin about things in life instead of always the negative that tends to trumps a lot everywhere. I think there is a different to being always constantly arrogant and never stopping, and someone encouraging to make sure everybody keeping putting themselves down where that might be dangerous. I do not want to come across of trying to pump myself up all the time, and I will admit how others are always better at something than I am. I think to keep myself from putting myself down where it gets poisonous, I like to inwardly praise myself, to keep me going outwardly. I wonder if that makes sense.

If I than want to say something positive about myself, I would think is my goal to stay positive and to hope everyone else stays positive. :) *shrugs*

• Like 2