Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel a no-show at U.N. human rights review

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

What terms "they" use doesn't excuse you for presuming bigotry upon them as if it's expected or a good thing.   You'd be scrambling up a stolen olive tree in five minutes after the Muslim Brotherhood suddenly started paying a great deal of attention to their Palestinian neighbors.  Stop asking for things you don't have the first shred of interest in receiving.   Disingenuous.
Not at all disingenuous Yam.  I never said I'd be happy if their neighbors united in hatred with them to try and force Israel off their land.  And I think my meaning should have been crystal on that point.  It's the same tired story.  If we are to talk of being less than genuine perhaps you'd care to explain how Israelis giving up so much land that they could no longer practically defend their homes and country would be conducive to peace?  Especially when their enemies DAILY advocate their destruction?  You guys never answer that one.  And it's because you KNOW the answer and it's not palatable even for Palestinian supporters who are otherwise reasonable, fair minded persons.  
The IDF is capable of unbelievable destruction if unleashed.  The US army would be reluctant to take them on.  Yet they use that force grudgingly and like a scalpel when they have to.  The reason they have such latitude is that they have enough land to provide a couple of minutes warning.  Take that away and everything gets set on a hair trigger and also calls for massive, heavily destructive responses when threats come.  This is logic, yet it gets ignored because it's just not FAIR!! :cry: :passifier:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postand then, on 30 January 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Not at all disingenuous Yam.  I never said I'd be happy if their neighbors united in hatred with them to try and force Israel off their land.  And I think my meaning should have been crystal on that point.  It's the same tired story.  If we are to talk of being less than genuine perhaps you'd care to explain how Israelis giving up so much land that they could no longer practically defend their homes and country would be conducive to peace?  Especially when their enemies DAILY advocate their destruction?  You guys never answer that one.  And it's because you KNOW the answer and it's not palatable even for Palestinian supporters who are otherwise reasonable, fair minded persons.  
The IDF is capable of unbelievable destruction if unleashed.  The US army would be reluctant to take them on.  Yet they use that force grudgingly and like a scalpel when they have to.  The reason they have such latitude is that they have enough land to provide a couple of minutes warning.  Take that away and everything gets set on a hair trigger and also calls for massive, heavily destructive responses when threats come.  This is logic, yet it gets ignored because it's just not FAIR!! :cry: :passifier:

You are such a Zionist fanboy.

Israel does not have to give up "so much land that they could no longer practically defend themselves." They do have to share and if that means in your view that can't defend themselves, well if they are sharing there won't be a need to defend, it is called compromise.

Their enemes advocate destruction? Please, you are right IDF can do lots of damage, they already have.

In the end they will have to compromise and share, the land is not just theirs. You praise their democracy yet they only extend it to themselves and no others living there. Their technological advances, oh God, as if that has anything to do with anything. You act as if the world would suffer without their bullying presence. When they can act like reasonable adults, answer for their questionable actions, and show some accountability then they will be welcome at the world table.

Israel is a pariah state whose greatest ally is ever weakening. They won't last forever as is, ruining their neighbors, and guess what the world won't end, Jesus won't come back, we will just have a better world.

Edited by I believe you, 30 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#18    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

The IDF is capable of unbelievable destruction if unleashed.  The US army would be reluctant to take them on.  Yet they use that force grudgingly and like a scalpel when they have to.:cry: :passifier:

Dont kid yourself! israell isnt some sort of almighty army capable of withstanding anything. The usa would absolutley decimate israel in a conflict, the only hesitation would be due to israels nuclear program, hell its why the usa is reluctant to attack pakistan.
According to global firepowers site israel is only marginally better off than eygpts current army lol?

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostI believe you, on 30 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

You are such a Zionist fanboy.

Israel does not have to give up "so much land that they could no longer practically defend themselves." They do have to share and if that means in your view that can't defend themselves, well if they are sharing there won't be a need to defend, it is called compromise.

Their enemes advocate destruction? Please, you are right IDF can do lots of damage, they already have.

In the end they will have to compromise and share, the land is not just theirs. You praise their democracy yet they only extend it to themselves and no others living there. Their technological advances, oh God, as if that has anything to do with anything. You act as if the world would suffer without their bullying presence. When they can act like reasonable adults, answer for their questionable actions, and show some accountability then they will be welcome at the world table.

Israel is a pariah state whose greatest ally is ever weakening. They won't last forever as is, ruining their neighbors, and guess what the world won't end, Jesus won't come back, we will just have a better world.
Yup - straight up Zionist fanboy here  :w00t:   no shame at all in that for me friend.  Prior to '67 the middle of the country was 9 miles wide.  In a battle that amount of territory is indefensible by conventional means - do you understand that and what the implications are?  Try to leave aside your desire that Israel be removed from the map - it will never happen.  From a practical POV,  no country that is threatened with extinction by it's neighbors is going to relax and just let nature take it's course so what you get with a greatly reduced Israel is a greatly increased Israeli threat of war.  And the Palestinians don't want the '67 borders.  They want the borders the PLO was formed to "liberate"  which is ALL THE LAND.  I predict that the world is going to push Israel right into a war that will end with them GAINING land  :tu:

#20    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postand then, on 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Yup - straight up Zionist fanboy here  :w00t:   no shame at all in that for me friend.  Prior to '67 the middle of the country was 9 miles wide.  In a battle that amount of territory is indefensible by conventional means - do you understand that and what the implications are?  Try to leave aside your desire that Israel be removed from the map - it will never happen.  From a practical POV,  no country that is threatened with extinction by it's neighbors is going to relax and just let nature take it's course so what you get with a greatly reduced Israel is a greatly increased Israeli threat of war.  And the Palestinians don't want the '67 borders.  They want the borders the PLO was formed to "liberate"  which is ALL THE LAND.  I predict that the world is going to push Israel right into a war that will end with them GAINING land  :tu:

There will be no war like that, this is less of a prediction on your part than it is a desire for you and fundamentalist company.

Lot prayed that God would spare the people if righteous men existed, you can trust more than a couple exist in the placed you would like to see nuked, I choose Lot as a better example.

The destruction you seek for others will not come. Israel is backwards and thinks making peace would mean war, so they make war to keep peace, backwards. You don't bring about peace by war just as you can't bring cold by adding hot.

Edited by I believe you, 30 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#21    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostI believe you, on 30 January 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

There will be no war like that, this is less of a prediction on your part than it is a desire for you and fundamentalist company.

Lot prayed that God would spare the people if righteous men existed, you can trust more than a couple exist in the placed you would like to see nuked, I choose Lot as a better example.

The destruction you seek for others will not come. Israel is backwards and thinks making peace would mean war, so they make war to keep peace, backwards. You don't bring about peace by war just as you can't bring cold by adding hot.
You do not know me or what I desire.  I have never advocated such things happen, merely stated my belief that they will.  Because you have a bias, obviously, against someone of my mindset you feel you can destroy my argument by impugning me personally and it's a lame tactic.  I seek no destruction for others but I believe in scripture and I think it's proven accurate throughout Israel's existence.  Those that come against them are going to LOSE.  The reality - since you seem so interested to prove I'm out of touch with it - is that Israel should have been destroyed several times since it's birth.  If you think that Obama potentially withdrawing US support will be the end of Israel then you are greatly mistaken.  All it will accomplish is to embolden them and make them less risk averse.  And since we will surely never agree on this I will just leave you with one thing to ponder - Israel has a population approximately .001 of the world.  One one thousandth.  The UN has used about 1/3 of all their pronouncements against this state.  The hatred for it is so uniform that a solid block can be counted on to vote against them if Israel was accused of causing the sun to set.  60,000 people have been slaughtered by their president just a few miles from Israel's borders and the world is in more of an uproar over Israel not allowing a fact finding kangaroo court in the settlements than they are looking to the causes of all that death.  Does that not seem the slightest bit odd to you?  This tiniest fraction of humanity is looked upon with a ferocity that is supernatural.  There is no other excuse for it.  And all the death and misery that you say I'm looking forward to?  When it comes it will be brought on by those like you who wish to see Israel destroyed.  That's the ultimate irony to me.

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

You do not know me or what I desire.  I have never advocated such things happen, merely stated my belief that they will.  Because you have a bias, obviously, against someone of my mindset you feel you can destroy my argument by impugning me personally and it's a lame tactic.  I seek no destruction for others but I believe in scripture and I think it's proven accurate throughout Israel's existence.  Those that come against them are going to LOSE.  The reality - since you seem so interested to prove I'm out of touch with it - is that Israel should have been destroyed several times since it's birth.  If you think that Obama potentially withdrawing US support will be the end of Israel then you are greatly mistaken.  All it will accomplish is to embolden them and make them less risk averse.  And since we will surely never agree on this I will just leave you with one thing to ponder - Israel has a population approximately .001 of the world.  One one thousandth.  The UN has used about 1/3 of all their pronouncements against this state.  The hatred for it is so uniform that a solid block can be counted on to vote against them if Israel was accused of causing the sun to set.  60,000 people have been slaughtered by their president just a few miles from Israel's borders and the world is in more of an uproar over Israel not allowing a fact finding kangaroo court in the settlements than they are looking to the causes of all that death.  Does that not seem the slightest bit odd to you?  This tiniest fraction of humanity is looked upon with a ferocity that is supernatural.  There is no other excuse for it.  And all the death and misery that you say I'm looking forward to?  When it comes it will be brought on by those like you who wish to see Israel destroyed.  That's the ultimate irony to me.
The ultimate irony to you, and the ultimate contradiction from you.  

Yes, you state your belief that they will, and that's the point where your own position diverges into two irreconcilable paths.  On one hand, nobody can alter the prophecy.  It's set in stone by God and nothing man can do, can change it.   And on the other hand, you advocate for policies that are creating the situation that you're using to predict your Biblical apocalypse.  If the policies and ideologies of this regrettable century of blood and violence is what's bringing about the end you think is in store, and you support that status quo, then 'I believe you' is right, and you do advocate for that end by advocating for the means to that end.

*snip*

Edited by Paranoid Android, 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.
Removed offensive remark

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,233 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostYamato, on 31 January 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

The ultimate irony to you, and the ultimate contradiction from you.  

Yes, you state your belief that they will, and that's the point where your own position diverges into two irreconcilable paths.  On one hand, nobody can alter the prophecy.  It's set in stone by God and nothing man can do, can change it.   And on the other hand, you advocate for policies that are creating the situation that you're using to predict your Biblical apocalypse.  If the policies and ideologies of this regrettable century of blood and violence is what's bringing about the end you think is in store, and you support that status quo, then 'I believe you' is right, and you do advocate for that end by advocating for the means to that end.
And we all know how righteous that world is..... Say anything you like Yam but explaining a belief of future events is not the same as actively working to make them come to pass.  If by "advocating" you mean speaking of them in a positive tone then I guess you're correct.  But I have no desire to see a single Palestinian die.  And if they were capable of compromise, fewer would.  The sad thing is that I have suspicions that they are as powerless  to change their path as Pharaoh was.  I don't claim to understand the plan of God but I do believe what the Bible says about this time we are in and I fully expect these things to happen.  I Believe You  was attacking me personally for my voicing my beliefs.  It's a lame thing to do.  If I were the one creating these events I could rightly be blamed but I can barely get my dog to do as I wish.  The point is that those who feel as you do - a very great number apparently - want Israel gone and probably that wouldn't be enough either.  Punished too I imagine.  And you are frustrated because the justice you seek is with held.  Rest easy, God is not mocked.  Is it not enough that 2/3 of all Israel will die in this time to come?

Edited by Paranoid Android, 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.
edited quote

#24    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,357 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

face it... we all can see the vitrolic religiousn extremist sentiment oozing no matter how much back peddling and pandering is performed.... it's all on record bro

Edited by acidhead, 31 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

perhaps you'd care to explain how Israelis giving up so much land that they could no longer practically defend their homes and country would be conducive to peace?
Israel has never given up one square inch of Israeli land to anybody.   If you're talking about giving up the West Bank or Gaza, then you just admitted once again your true position on this issue.  That Israel cannot practically defend itself with Palestine existing on the map.   You expose your true feelings that Greater Israel is the final solution for Israel's manufactured security threat.

Especially when their enemies DAILY advocate their destruction?  
You're exaggerating your opinion by making claims there's just no evidence of.   Maybe you subscribe to some pro-Zionist blog and are reminded of it daily, but I've almost never seen these threats of destruction, and the ones that I have heard of were lies perpetrated by Netanyahu and other Zionist leaders, or US bureaucrats speaking on their behalf of the US media.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#26    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postand then, on 31 January 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

And we all know how righteous that world is..... Say anything you like Yam but explaining a belief of future events is not the same as actively working to make them come to pass.  If by "advocating" you mean speaking of them in a positive tone then I guess you're correct.  But I have no desire to see a single Palestinian die.  And if they were capable of compromise, fewer would.  The sad thing is that I have suspicions that they are as powerless  to change their path as Pharaoh was.  I don't claim to understand the plan of God but I do believe what the Bible says about this time we are in and I fully expect these things to happen.  I Believe You  was attacking me personally for my voicing my beliefs.  It's a lame thing to do.  If I were the one creating these events I could rightly be blamed but I can barely get my dog to do as I wish.  The point is that those who feel as you do - a very great number apparently - want Israel gone and probably that wouldn't be enough either.  Punished too I imagine.  And you are frustrated because the justice you seek is with held.  Rest easy, God is not mocked.  Is it not enough that 2/3 of all Israel will die in this time to come?

Have you ever thought the current state of Israel is an imposter? That the real Israel will be lifted up and glorified in preparation for the kingdom of God? Not the oppressors, the land-grabbing thieves, and the terrorist fascist state it is today?

How can God be uplifted and glorified among the nations by an apartheid state?

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#27    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

The UN as it is is dominated by antisemitic countries, often driven by an islamist and leftist agenda.
It would be pointless for Israel to show up at such a cangaroo court.

A more interesting question would be: Will the UN ever pay attention the rampant human rights abuse happening in the islamic countries surrounding Israel?

Don´t hold your breath for that.

Edited by Zaphod222, 31 January 2013 - 08:39 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#28    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,305 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Let's cool it with the personal attacks.

iheartsugarbear

#29    staperman

staperman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

It is illegal

#30    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,305 posts