Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who, What, Why.

racism in football nazi salute racism

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 19 March 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Football (soccer to you),is played on all habitable Continents,by people of all races,which cannot be said of any other sport

That's because anyone can play it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#17    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostEldorado, on 19 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

A stupid football player?  Surely not?
HA HA HA , I wouldn't mind being Stupid for £80/100,000 a week or more.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#18    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 19 March 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

They should be banning soccer, not one player.
and the dumbest post in all UM time goes to......

#19    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

HA HA HA , I wouldn't mind being Stupid for £80/100,000 a week or more.

Me either.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 19 March 2013 - 05:42 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#20    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,363 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I gotta let you in on a little secret; the football watched in Vietnam -- and watched passionately, is British and Spanish league play.  It's in the bars live and on several TV channels and no end of money is wagered on it.  Oh, yes, there is Vietnamese football, but, really . . . (except one time when they beat Singapore --  that was a few years ago).

By the way, don't go around Vietnam flashing Nazi symbols and salutes.  Worse could happen than just being banned from football (although usually foreigners who do that sort of thing just get kicked out of the country, don't count on it).

#21    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I don't agree with Nazi thinking, obviously, but since when are we allowed to tell somebody what they can and cannot believe, religious or political? I was under the impression we were living in a democratic and free world. Then I remember my country is in a dictatorship known as the EU :w00t:

Edited by The Skater Boy, 19 March 2013 - 06:16 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#22    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,736 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 19 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I don't agree with Nazi thinking, obviously, but since when are we allowed to tell somebody what they can and cannot believe, religious or political? I was under the impression we were living in a democratic and free world. Then I remember my country is in a dictatorship known as the EU :w00t:

Pretty much for the same reason you can't shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater, or get into a crowd and yell a racial slur, or otherwise perform an action to encite a disturbance (i.e. riot)...  A person is free to believe or think whatever the heck they want... But there are consequences to acting on those beliefs or speaking those words...

Another way to put it... "Your freedom to swing your fist, ends at my nose."

#23    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

The Nazi fascism was undemocratic, dictatorial, misleading, war mongering and one of the most, if not the most misanthropic ideology ever put into practice. It cost the life of tens of millions of people, and I see no reason why we should tolerate that, even in a "free" (we are all obliged to follow certain rules) society. It does nothing but the spread of hate.

Actually, giving the Nazi salute is a crime in Germany, and I very much support this.

#24    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

The Nazi fascism was undemocratic, dictatorial, misleading, war mongering and one of the most, if not the most misanthropic ideology ever put into practice.

Sounds a lot like the United States and Europe today.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

#25    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

No, it doesn't.

#26    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

No? We put people in torture camps too. We invade any country we like too, with zero just cause. We're stuck in a dictatorship too, doesn't matter who you vote for; same sht, different a-hole.

Seems pretty similar to me...

Edited by The Skater Boy, 19 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#27    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

As a teen i used to give the Nazi salute whenever i saw fellow shool mate we called "little hitler" (i can't for the life of me remember why he had that name, none of us were particularly racist or political) and i admit that i didn't understand it fully at 13. But to be arrested for a salute? or a political ideal? Sounds very anti-freedom of speach and scaremongering, much like a Nazi policy, .

#28    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 19 March 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

No? We put people in torture camps too. We invade any country we like too, with zero just cause. We're stuck in a dictatorship too, doesn't matter who you vote for; same ****, different *******.

Seems pretty similar to me...
The torture camp is supposed to be Guantanamo? Are there European ones? Which countries has the EU invaded? Who is the EU's dictator? I see a distinct difference in policies according to which party is forming the German government. The EU elections are confusing, as is the whole system, I agree. But it's not a dictatorship.

Also: No minority is being killed for them being them. Kids are not forced into a certain ideology. People are not valued upon made up 'sciences'. No formation of paramilitary groups. No mandatory draft.

No matter how you twist it, you cannot compare the contemporary systems of the USA or EU to that in Germany under the fascist Nazi regime. You might not like it, alright, but it is nowhere near that.

Edit: Choice of words; foreign language.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 19 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#29    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 19 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

As a teen i used to give the Nazi salute whenever i saw fellow shool mate we called "little hitler" (i can't for the life of me remember why he had that name, none of us were particularly racist or political) and i admit that i didn't understand it fully at 13. But to be arrested for a salute? or a political ideal? Sounds very anti-freedom of speach and scaremongering, much like a Nazi policy, .
Well, the Nazi salute is only a salute to the German fascist regime these days, nothing more. And by all means we want to prevent that from happening again. It is unconstitutional.

Strafgesetzbuch (criminal code) said:

§ 86a StGB Use of Symbols of Unconstitutional Organizations
(1) Whoever:
1. domestically distributes or publicly uses, in a meeting or in writings (§ 11 subsection (3)) disseminated by him, symbols of one of the parties or organizations indicated in § 86 subsection (1), nos. 1, 2 and 4; or
2. produces, stocks, imports or exports objects which depict or contain such symbols for distribution or use domestically or abroad, in the manner indicated in number 1,
shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine.
(2) Symbols, within the meaning of subsection (1), shall be, in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting. Symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for those named in sentence 1 shall be deemed to be equivalent thereto.

Edit:

Sounds very anti-freedom of speach and scaremongering, much like a Nazi policy
So working towards an anti-freedom society like the Nazi regime should be tolerated? Everything has it's boundaries.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 19 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#30    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Nazi salutes are one thing but don't mention the war.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users