Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Another shooting involving AR-15 and teenager

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#16    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

p.s. in fact I would say it was yourself that was trying to avoid understanding the problem i.e. easy access to guns.

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but what I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

My previous post ( the one you replied to ) was a copy and paste job taken directly from the OP article..

It wasn't direct towards you, I know it was from the article. That is why I stated I can't make a proper response to the article without all the details.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

I think were very much in agreement Uncle Sam. I was being satyrical in my post about the media writers choice of inflaming writing.

#18    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,545 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

There should be some sort of rule about making up B.S. thread titles instead of using the news story headline.

#19    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

It is people making broad assumptions that makes things harder to understand, makes the water more murky and harder to see through. With proper research and proper understanding, people will come to the conclusion I problem have. Education and Mental Help is what we really need, not more gun control laws. The ones we already have in the books are not enforced and doesn't even help stop these mass murders, why do you think more laws will help now?

I agree, but the only way that's actually going to happen is if the government is truthful.  I'm afraid we don't meet that standard.

#20    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

So we are agreed there are too many people with too many guns.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#21    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

I understand the problem all too well, I have been a situation where a kid got a hold of a gun and pointed at me. I understand about the concept of guns and children, it is you that is not trying to understand or even debate about the subject. 99% of those children who do this stuff, don't understand guns at all, they don't understand they are not toys to be playing with. Education and helping the mental will go along way towards making my country safe once again, there is no quick fix for this problem, but I said is the proper step in the right direction instead of gun control.

It wasn't direct towards you, I know it was from the article. That is why I stated I can't make a proper response to the article without all the details.

They were never taught respect for the weapon, those people you're talking about.

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,724 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

This article says he is 15 and it never said what type of gun he used.  Bet there were mental issues and wonder if the guns were locked up like any responsible gun owner would with kids around that might not be dealing with a full deck.

Teen arrested in New Mexico after shooting two adults and three children

If we had only had stricter gun laws in place he wouldn't of gotten this gun, no wait it wasn't his gun.

#23    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostHilander, on 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

This article says he is 15 and it never said what type of gun he used.  Bet there were mental issues and wonder if the guns were locked up like any responsible gun owner would with kids around that might not be dealing with a full deck.

Teen arrested in New Mexico after shooting two adults and three children

If we had only had stricter gun laws in place he wouldn't of gotten this gun, no wait it wasn't his gun.

Exactly, it wasn't his gun.

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

So we are agreed there are too many people with too many guns.

Oh for crying out loud, no where in my damn paragraph did I say there was too many people with too many guns. You are putting words in my mouth. Now I won't even bother with your arguments, because if you are going to be that way, you don't deserve a response from me. I don't like putting with bull**** from people like you.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#24    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,136 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

gun_america-600x278.jpg

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Exactly, it wasn't his gun.

Exactly, too many people have too many guns.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Teens cant generally buy guns legally either.

#26    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

That's the thing with half told stories..  It doesn't give you much to go on.. Other than the children and the two adults shot dead.. That is tragic..

View PostAsteroidX, on 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Teens cant generally buy guns legally either.

True.. in some parts of the US they must be over 21.. I am nearly sure that is correct

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#27    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,381 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Attachment gun_america-600x278.jpg

There you go, putting more words in my mouth.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

That's the thing with half told stories..  It doesn't give you much to go on.. Other than the children and the two adults shot dead.. That is tragic..

Yeah, not much to go on. Yes it is tragic, but right now, there isn't much that can be said except the full story is not out there.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 20 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#28    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,724 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 20 January 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Exactly. WE need education and proper safety courses on guns in schools, instead of just shunning the notions guns exist to them. Reality trumps fantasy every time. Teaching children when their young causes much less problems than having them discovering a gun, then not having proper education or safety about them. Kids actually are better at understanding what is bad and what is good than most adults I know. Let's say, start teaching them about guns safety and proper handling of guns around 13 - 18 will pretty much ensure accidental deaths from guns by children will a lot less problematic compared to children who accidentally shooting their friend or themselves because they don't understand what a gun is.
I agree but I might add how about parents stop trying to pretend they have a kid that has mental illness and get help for them.  Plus if you do have a kid that is mentally incompetent lock your guns up.

#29    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Attachment gun_america-600x278.jpg

You're looking for Paradise, and you ain't gonna find it. :no:

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

You're looking for Paradise, and you ain't gonna find it. :no:

Do you mean a place that has cracked down on gun laws and not many own guns ?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users