Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Demonology

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

One of the greatest tricks I've seen demons do is use an infested host to become indignant, combative, accusatory, snide, condescending, offended, or some other volatile mood in order to shut topics down they don't want discussed.  One of the main ways you can purge demons from a situation is to simply expose in plain language what is going on: ie: the obvious.  That is like poison to them.

Often times you can find out who in your midst is infested by simply stating the plain truth about an uncomfortable subject.  Then you will see the really clogged up people get their undies all up in a bundle.

Also, and this may seem like a strange aside but it isn't; if you want to get the best "demon dectector" on earth....get a pug dog.  Really, not kidding.   They were bred specifically to detect disloyalty to Chinese leaders in their close subjects.  But what the little ugly-cute dogs are actually picking up on is malignant intent.  And people infested always have malignant intent.  We have a pug who has nailed people right and left.  Some she has zero reaction to and we think she should.  Others who seem perfectly fine, she goes off like a bundle of TNT on.  In the end we always find her judgement was best.  She always knew who we could trust and who we couldn't.  We doubted her but she always came out right in the end.

So now we just trust our pugs straight off the mark and don't question their judgment anymore.

Edited by SSilhouette, 23 October 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#32    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 21 October 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

This is why the faux skepticism brought about by materialism is so ludicrous. It simply begs the question, and assumes the non-existence of the supernatural and claims this is evidence for its non-existence.

No, it claims proves the existence of mental and psychological issues.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#33    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Sometimes it does.  And other times it doesn't.  It's the "other times" that this thread is about..

#34    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostSSilhouette, on 23 October 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

One of the greatest tricks I've seen demons do is use an infested host to become indignant, combative, accusatory, snide, condescending, offended, or some other volatile mood in order to shut topics down they don't want discussed.  One of the main ways you can purge demons from a situation is to simply expose in plain language what is going on: ie: the obvious.  That is like poison to them.

Often times you can find out who in your midst is infested by simply stating the plain truth about an uncomfortable subject.  Then you will see the really clogged up people get their undies all up in a bundle.

Also, and this may seem like a strange aside but it isn't; if you want to get the best "demon dectector" on earth....get a pug dog.  Really, not kidding.   They were bred specifically to detect disloyalty to Chinese leaders in their close subjects.  But what the little ugly-cute dogs are actually picking up on is malignant intent.  And people infested always have malignant intent.  We have a pug who has nailed people right and left.  Some she has zero reaction to and we think she should.  Others who seem perfectly fine, she goes off like a bundle of TNT on.  In the end we always find her judgement was best.  She always knew who we could trust and who we couldn't.  We doubted her but she always came out right in the end.

So now we just trust our pugs straight off the mark and don't question their judgment anymore.
wow.

#35    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

You're serious?

Posted Image

#36    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

Yes...I can see how a demon would be terrified...

#37    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,513 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostMaestro, on 23 October 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yes...I can see how a demon would be terrified...
That's it!!! I'm getting one. I have got serval neighbors and clients that need a good demon sniffing.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#38    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,738 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostPoindexter, on 02 October 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

PS... Have no interest in ..... the Views and Opinions of Skeptics

So basically all you are looking for is people who will say what you want to hear so your little boat won't be rocked by views that probably reflect reality more accurately, am I pretty much on track with this?

Well..I hate to burst your bathtub bubble but there are no "demons". People create their own imaginary demons through their own vile actions and attitudes.

#39    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 October 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

So basically all you are looking for is people who will say what you want to hear so your little boat won't be rocked by views that probably reflect reality more accurately, am I pretty much on track with this?

Well..I hate to burst your bathtub bubble but there are no "demons". People create their own imaginary demons through their own vile actions and attitudes.

And clay.  Sometimes people make them out of clay.

#40    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,738 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 23 October 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

And clay.  Sometimes people make them out of clay.

Ah yes, clay. Thanks..I almost forgot about that. :tu:

#41    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 October 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Ah yes, clay. Thanks..I almost forgot about that. :tu:

No problem.  :innocent: :whistle:

#42    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostOrdinaryClay, on 23 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

See this post http://www.unexplain...45#entry4509891

A professional, a prison warden, a police officer in the line of duty, and multiple corroborating civilian witnesses.

Man..  Alright OC, here's the deal.  I tried.  I read the post you linked to, and even the posts you linked to inside the post you linked to.  I watched the video.  There is just something in my brain that won't let me believe it.  Maybe I just have such a hard time taking someone else's word for something that seems so fantastic I'd have to see it myself to believe it.  Perhaps its a trust thing.  It probably is connected to the same reasons I have trouble accepting the Bible as truth.

It feels EXACTLY this same as this example I will use to illustrate my point.  Well two examples.  I have two good friends, one of them loves The Cure.  The other one loves Mr. Bungle.  (those are bands for those of you having trouble keeping up).  I love my two friends dearly and so I have tried on multiple occasions to join them in their appreciation of these two bands.  I can appreciate their talent, I can appreciate their artistic integrity, but I cannot for the life of me enjoy these two bands.  Just doesn't work.  They both just irritate something at my core and it just doesn't happen.

Believing in demons is sort of the same.  I can appreciate the fact that these vetted, corroborated witnesses seem sincere - I wouldn't accuse them of lying.  I just can't bring my self around to believe it.  Something fundamental in me rejects it.

OC - I have respect for you and your positions - you present them articulately and with conviction.  I cannot agree with you and be true to myself, however.  Thanks for your time and patience.

Edited by orangepeaceful79, 24 October 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#43    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Pugs don't drive demons out.  They just let you know who's infested.  Pugs can't really harm anything.  And of course I never said they could drive out or defeat a demon.  Those were words put in my mouth by the peanut gallery here.

The OP asked sceptics to step out of this topic.  Therefore if they are present they will have to come up against the benefit of the doubt being extended to those willing to stretch the hypothesis to include the possible existence of sentient beings that can't be seen.

#44    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostSSilhouette, on 24 October 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Pugs don't drive demons out.  They just let you know who's infested.  Pugs can't really harm anything.  And of course I never said they could drive out or defeat a demon.  Those were words put in my mouth by the peanut gallery here.

The OP asked sceptics to step out of this topic.  Therefore if they are present they will have to come up against the benefit of the doubt being extended to those willing to stretch the hypothesis to include the possible existence of sentient beings that can't be seen.

Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.
5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

Just thought you should look over a couple of these. :tu:

#45    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 24 October 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.
5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints, both sides of a debate should be represented.

Just thought you should look over a couple of these. :tu:
  • 5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

Which is funny, cause as soon as I point this rule out, I've broken it. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users