Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Republican Jesus™

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 17 June 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

however most shockingly obama never done anything against usa interests

You must be joking.

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 17 June 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

i wonder if same people will blame george bush for nearly destroying usa financaly and politically

In fact, his opponents do that, and then some.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#17    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 17 June 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Elements of the "Republican Jesus" live not only in the US of A, but also in any country experiencing a resurgence of Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox (see Serbia) or other Christian traditions employed for the denigration of 'The Other' (anti-Semitism and anti-immigrant sentiment on the rise in Hungary, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and elsewhere) or the outright butchery of 'The Other" (recent intra-Christian wars in the Falkland Islands; Northern Ireland; Croatia; Macedonia). Europe is smoldering with neo-conservative Christian resentment towards 'Creeping Islam' of the demographic as well as militant type.  

Red herring.

I am absolutely not Christian, and I am absolutely concerned about creeping islam, and so should you be.

And, for your information, Islam is not a race.

Playing the "racist" card to excuse the islamic threat to modernity is cheap, polemical, dishonest and ignorant.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#18    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,438 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

So in regards to the president, I find it extremely hard to believe that out of Millions and millions of people living there, none of them would hold racists views...

Of course there are. What infuriates me is the attitude that anyone who disagrees with Obama's politics are racists. People claim that effigies of Obama hanging from a noose or portraying him as a monkey are racist when in fact those same kind of images were extremely common of Bush while he was in office. Apparently many people have a short attention span, a selective memory or looking for racism where there is non.

I have never seen such an extreme double standard in my life.

#19    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

• Hi! :-)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

I was raised a democrat and in my household republicans were demonified. The older I get I realize titles of seperation are the real problem and used for control. Politicians use christian principles to get votes and turn opinions of those voters againt true sympathetic christian teaching. I dont know how to quickly solve it all. If I had my way peace and love for all would prevail, for real. But unfortately greedy mother effers seem to have one way hearts. The world is divided against each other and the root is a very severe mental disorder, which, unfortuanly has spread far and wide. The best we can do is fix ourselves to be open-minded, loving, peaceful, forgiving, understanding individuals. The more the love is spread the less control politics will have over us because we will be participating in the upbuilding of our communities. One aspect that  republicans have seemed to represent that I agree with is the support of the business owner and the idea of the pursuit of happiness through entrapanuership. Now as a democrat we may think now a days republicans only support big business... truthfully I cannot say that obama does not, especially since I see he has not addressed the astronomical  gas price situation at all. His recomendation for this is more drilling. Ok. Anyway I dont want to disappoint my mother so ill call myself a democrat for now. But really its a bunch of garbage. We need to address mental healing, brotherly love and community building.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 17 June 2013 - 03:07 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#20    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostMichelle, on 17 June 2013 - 02:29 AM, said:

Of course there are. What infuriates me is the attitude that anyone who disagrees with Obama's politics are racists. People claim that effigies of Obama hanging from a noose or portraying him as a monkey are racist when in fact those same kind of images were extremely common of Bush while he was in office. Apparently many people have a short attention span, a selective memory or looking for racism where there is non.

I have never seen such an extreme double standard in my life.

I do think showing a hanging black man esp the first black american president should easily be considered racist. Whoever depicted that obviously is into politics and should realise the history of racist america.. hanging the black man..

But.. I agree that it doesn't mean your racist if you dont like the man or think he's a good president.

Depicting him as hanging? That is an extremely poor choice and I would definately call that racist even if that same group of people showed other presidents in the same pose. I doubt whoever drew it was that dumb and even if they were the visual itself is STILL racist...

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#21    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

As well as showing him as a monkey.. what are you serious? Yeah they showed bush as a monkey too, but lets not act like race does not matter. This is the most extreme double standard you have seen? Yeah we probably live in two different worlds. No way no how are these things NOT racist...

#22    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

So maybe it would be best if no one showed anyone hanging thats very very rude...

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,438 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 17 June 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I do think showing a hanging black man esp the first black american president should easily be considered racist. Whoever depicted that obviously is into politics and should realise the history of racist america.. hanging the black man..

But.. I agree that it doesn't mean your racist if you dont like the man or think he's a good president.

Depicting him as hanging? That is an extremely poor choice and I would definately call that racist even if that same group of people showed other presidents in the same pose. I doubt whoever drew it was that dumb and even if they were the visual itself is STILL racist...

So we should treat Obama, or minorities in general, with kid gloves like the media does, He shouldn't be held responsible or criticized because he is a different color? I thought the main objective was to treat everyone as equal including all that comes with it...good or bad. There is an old saying about what is good for the goose is good for the gander. We women are still considered a minority, especially in the corporate world or the political arena. Another old saying comes to mind....If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Edited by Michelle, 17 June 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#24    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 17 June 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

Just a point of reference.

The OP claimed that the "hatred" of O. is without precedent.
Looking in from the outside, I say that the hatred of GWB that I have seen is practically impossible to surpass.
the fact that I still wear the t-shirt you see on my avatar should be proof of that Zaph.....
;-)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#25    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

(also, 'republican jesus' wouldn't be trademarked. if anything, it would be copyrighted, but not trademarked.....)

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#26    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostMichelle, on 17 June 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

So we should treat Obama, or minorities in general, with kid gloves like the media does, He shouldn't be held responsible or criticized because he is a different color? I thought the main objective was to treat everyone as equal including all that comes with it...good or bad. There is an old saying about what is good for the goose is good for the gander. We women are still considered a minority, especially in the corporate world or the political arena. Another old saying comes to mind....If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

He shouldn't be shown hanging from a tree ....

By the way he is not a different color.. he's african black and caucasion. America is a diverse nation. Different color from who? All the other presidents. Yes. So dont draw pictures of him hanging from a tree.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 17 June 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#27    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

He shouldn't be shown hanging from a tree ....

I think it is in poor taste regardless of who is president, but it doesn't prove racism.

#28    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostMichelle, on 17 June 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

I think it is in poor taste regardless of who is president, but it doesn't prove racism.

A black man hanging from a tree is a racist statement. Really. You should look it up.

#29    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,438 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 17 June 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

A black man hanging from a tree is a racist statement. Really. You should look it up.

I don't have to "look it up" I've seen it up close and personal. There are times of blatant racism and other times it is business as usual. The only difference is the people who are looking for it.

#30    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostMichelle, on 17 June 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

I don't have to "look it up" I've seen it up close and personal. There are times of blatant racism and other times it is business as usual. The only difference is the people who are looking for it.

Yes you can say this or say that but it WILL be interpreted that way and so in my opinion whoever depicts that image has no problem portraying a racist image. Say you were the first woman president and they drew a pic of you with a slutty outfit. Would you deny it was a sexist image?

A pic of a hanging is worste than that in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users